Jets add Wide Receiver Quinton Patton

JetNation

helmet.jpg

By Glenn Naughton

According to Chris Biderman, former San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Quinton Patton has posted an instagram video to announce his signing with the New York Jets.

A former Louisiana Tech standout, Patton played just two seasons in Baton Rouge but posted impressive numbers, totalling 2,594 yards and 24 touchdowns in his time down south.

Chosen with the 31st pick in the fourth round of the 2013 NFL draft, Patton has been a disappointment with the 49ers, an organization that has been in shambles during that time.

In 40 pro contests (18 starts), Patton has 73 receptions for 880 yards and just 1 touchdown, but according to some next-gen stats, Patton’s lack of production hasn’t been a result of his inability to get open.  Take a look here to see just how often he’s getting away from opposing defenders.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
cSiaL7F0QGo

Click here to read the full story...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.......Overheard outside Woody Johnson's office......

" yes, Mr. Johnson, I see you are very excited. But......let me......yes,  I know you told us to sign men with good leadership abilities......but, I know sir, I'm  really not trying to curb your enthusiasm, sir. But......... I don't think we signed the same Patton you're thinking of.....

IMG_1017.JPG

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

What were Maziel's stats in the NFL again? 

Not good with the worse team in the NFL the Browns but he was a Heisman Trophy winner in college I read Patton played football at a jr college is that correct. 

Manzeil threw for 7 TD's thats 6 more than Patton in way less games.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Not good with the worse team in the NFL the Browns but he was a Heisman Trophy winner in college I read Patton played football at a jr college is that correct. 

But the stats tell no lies, so the team he played on has nothing to do with how good he was.  Right?  The stats say he was bad, so he was bad.

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes.  If you read the report about him being a JuCo player you should have also read that he starred his senior year at Louisiana State "earning first-team All-WAC honors and second-team All-American honors thanks to his 104 catches for 1,392 yards and 13 touchdowns."  "In his first year in Ruston (which is located in north central Louisiana) after catching 79 passes for 1,202 yards and 11 scores."  But hey, he wasn't as good in college as Tim Tebow.  No reason to give him a shot!. 

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yes.  If you read the report about him being a JuCo player you should have also read that he starred his senior year at Louisiana State "earning first-team All-WAC honors and second-team All-American honors thanks to his 104 catches for 1,392 yards and 13 touchdowns."  "n his first year in Ruston (which is located in north central Louisiana) after catching 79 passes for 1,202 yards and 11 scores."  But hey, he wasn't as good in college as Tim Tebow.  No reason to give him a shot!. 

Im for giving him a shot why the hell not sooner or later one of these hidden gems will turn out decent its only a matter of time. 

We have not replaced the #1 WR position is my argument. 

Decker often injured isn't the answer and Enunwa good but not #1 good see my point the WR corps here after those 2 is all unproven JAG's. 

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I wish we'd hire a coach whose "guys that he brings along with him" were actually deserving of NFL roster spots.

Bowles says Morton can run any kind of NFL offense equally well. That makes perfect sense cause he never ran an NFL offense before.

“That’s the biggest thing. We need to play smarter. It’s not a quality to add. I think we have to add the right people that take over the team to make this their team and add those qualities themselves and the coaches will emulate that and make sure we put that forward.” ~~ Todd Bowles

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

1 career NFL touchdown in 40 games. 

With Mcc as GM this seems irrelevant.  Maybe even a positive.  Just as with his quizzical pick of Hack in the second round, Mcc must know something.  Or, he's as clueless and as big a fraud/dunce as Idiotzik.

1 hour ago, Happy Clouds said:

.......Overheard outside Woody Johnson's office......

" yes, Mr. Johnson, I see you are very excited. But......let me......yes,  I know you told us to sign men with good leadership abilities......but, I know sir, I'm  really not trying to curb your enthusiasm, sir. But......... I don't think we signed the same Patton you're thinking of.....

IMG_1017.JPG

How about an actual picture of Patton instead of George C. Scott? 

de3f97d4cda33cab74fba4bd68f9e8e898871027-500x612.jpg

Archived