Jets add Wide Receiver Quinton Patton

JetNation

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

I thought you were done and we would meet in hell. 

Is that where you are going?  You have convinced me to stop sinning.

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Who?

I know you don't care about the bottom of the roster, but this guy started 14 games last year including the game against the Jets.  You don't know him or Julian Stanford?  C'mon!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JetsFanatic said:

Really..Decker, Enunwa and Robby Anderson come to mind as ahead of him.  Hopefully Patton is good enough to push all three.

I could agree with Anderson being at 3rd spot he showed some good things last season.

2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Really..Decker, Enunwa and Robby Anderson come to mind as ahead of him.  Hopefully Patton is good enough to push all three.

My point was that our WR core isn't very impressive....Decker when healthy is good but who knows after 2 surgeries, Enunwa is nice

fwiw

Quinton Patton   WR   Louisiana Tech

TALENT BOARD ROUND  2

STRENGTHS

Quinton has good size and quick feet with the overall solid receiving skills needed for the next level.  He has some good run after the catch skills to keep the chains moving on third downs and the type of hands that most quarterbacks love throwing to.  He does a nice job blocking and never takes a down off.  Quinton is a savvy receiver.  He uses his body to keep defenders from jumping his routes and is smart to use double moves rather than try to outrun his opponent to get deep.  He adjusts well to the ball when it is in the air to make the tough catches and will also fight for the ball in the air.  Inside the red zone, Quinton is a touchdown machine because of his foot quickness.  If you don't get your hands on him at the line of scrimmage, he will beat you all day long.  

CONCERNS

Quinton doesn't have an extra gear to be considered a deep threat and lacks the explosion off the line of scrimmage to free himself up but, he does have the quick feet needed to score touchdowns in the red zone.  Most of his deep routes at the college level are because of double moves and play calling.  He has to get stronger hands because there were times Quinton was fighting for the ball in the air and corners were able to strip him of the ball; this will happen even more at the next level.  He has to learn to run much better routes as he is too inconsistent  right now.  Several times, I saw him loop when coming back for the ball on stop routes or drifts to the sidelines.  He runs a lot of receiver screens and doesn't get hit like he will at the NFL level.  He will fumble the ball unless his hands get stronger.   

BOTTOM LINE

The talent is there right now for Quinton to be a number #3 receiver with punt return talent.  The talent is also there to be a #1 or #2 receiver with punt return skills.  The key is that Quinton must want to be a #1 or #2 receiver.  He is not fast, but with better route running, stronger hands and more overall toughness, he can do it.  Quinton shows the overall acrobatic skills needed to be a clutch receiver.  What he doesn't show is the understanding of his own talents for the NFL level.  He thinks he is going to out-run players at the next level, but he won't.  However, what he can do is outplay them if he wants to.  I like this kid's talent and in time, he should become a core player and fan favorite.  Most of the time, a receiver with Quinton's talents will be selected in the third or fourth rounds, but that should not deter Quinton from becoming the player his talents suggest he can become, so look for him on Rob's value board on the day of the draft.    

Drew "The B.S. Detector" Boylhart

Feb/2013  

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Not good with the worse team in the NFL the Browns but he was a Heisman Trophy winner in college I read Patton played football at a jr college is that correct. 

Manzeil threw for 7 TD's thats 6 more than Patton in way less games.

Actually, that's 7 more than Patton.

But Pattons' caught more

4 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I'm pretty sure this was one of the guys that sat during the anthem with Kaepernick. 

Wide receiver Quinton Patton bowed his head throughout the anthem while standing by the 49ers bench.

https://https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F/amp/www.mercurynews.com/2016/09/18/colin-kaepernicks-national-anthem-protest-continues-in-north-carolina/amp/

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Wide receiver Quinton Patton bowed his head throughout the anthem while standing by the 49ers bench.

https://https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F/amp/www.mercurynews.com/2016/09/18/colin-kaepernicks-national-anthem-protest-continues-in-north-carolina/amp/

For some reason it was in my memory.  

I remember thinking that was the kid from LA Tech I wanted the Jets to draft.

8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Not good with the worse team in the NFL the Browns but he was a Heisman Trophy winner in college I read Patton played football at a jr college is that correct. 

Manzeil threw for 7 TD's thats 6 more than Patton in way less games.

Dude....Manziel? 

3 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

This is the kid who got sent home for showing up to work before he was actually allowed to after being drafted. He has a pretty good work ethic maybe he will pan out for us. Worth a shot.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Oh wow, I didn't know that. Pretty cool.

20 hours ago, JetNation said:

helmet.jpg

By Glenn Naughton

According to Chris Biderman, former San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Quinton Patton has posted an instagram video to announce his signing with the New York Jets.

A former Louisiana Tech standout, Patton played just two seasons in Baton Rouge but posted impressive numbers, totalling 2,594 yards and 24 touchdowns in his time down south.

Chosen with the 31st pick in the fourth round of the 2013 NFL draft, Patton has been a disappointment with the 49ers, an organization that has been in shambles during that time.

In 40 pro contests (18 starts), Patton has 73 receptions for 880 yards and just 1 touchdown, but according to some next-gen stats, Patton’s lack of production hasn’t been a result of his inability to get open.  Take a look here to see just how often he’s getting away from opposing defenders.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

cSiaL7F0QGo

Click here to read the full story...

I think we are looking at him as a receiver as well as a return guy. Because we have no return guy. 

Mac seems to be pretty good at evaluating and bringing in underappreciated WR's (eg Robbie Anderson, Charon Peake). Why not try it I loved that kick block....Seems like he may be a good special teams guy. Being on the 49ers his qb over the past couple of years would have likely been Blaine Gabbert so those numbers are kinda impressive lol.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, nicg4360 said:

Mac seems to be pretty good at evaluating and bringing in underappreciated WR's (eg Robbie Anderson, Charon Peake). Why not try it I loved that kick block....Seems like he may be a good special teams guy. Being on the 49ers his qb over the past couple of years would have likely been Blaine Gabbert so those numbers are kinda impressive lol.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

Quinton Patton could be that special teams ace we need and not signed for his WR skills. 

10 hours ago, BrickTamland said:

I really like this signing. Cheap with big upside, coming from a sh*tty situation at qb caught about 70 balls in the past two years. Assuming it's for peanuts. Nice move.

Certainly makes sense with the rebuilding concept. Low risk high reward is a reasonable way to find affordable talent. Yet, we still have posters who haven't learned their lesson with high profile flashy splashy players. Hopefully the front office has. 

6 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Id rather read your drivel and laugh at you its quite amusing. 

LOL. Okay flip-flop. Have a nice day. Keep this in mind: People say laughter is the best medicine. If that's the case your posts must be curing the world.

Archived