QB question for the Jews in the Jets family....

Lil Woody

Given the choice between Darnold and Rosen WITH the assumption that Rosen is VERY close in rankings and has just as much potential but is rated just a tick lower....would you rather have the Jewish QB in NYC or does it not matter in the least to you?

Because if I'm being honest...and tables were turned and "Rosen" was "Rossi" I don't know that I would be able to control my FQB boner for one of my own on my team.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Lil Woody said:

Given the choice between Darnold and Rosen WITH the assumption that Rosen is VERY close in rankings and has just as much potential but is rated just a tick lower....would you rather have the Jewish QB in NYC or does it not matter in the least to you?

Because if I'm being honest...and tables were turned and "Rosen" was "Rossi" I don't know that I would be able to control my FQB boner for one of my own on my team.

Rosen is biologically only half Jewish (on his father's side) and apparently identifies as an atheist.

21 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

This has to be the stupidest thing I've ever read on here!  And that's saying a lot!

What the hell? It's a real question about fan motivation. Are people so PC sensitive that they can't handle a legitimate question about feeling pride about a shared heritage in your QB?  I think a Jewish QB would KILL it in this market.  And no I didn't know he was an athiest, but this was directed more towards nationality than religion. 

9 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

What the hell? It's a real question about fan motivation. Are people so PC sensitive that they can't handle a legitimate question about feeling pride about a shared heritage in your QB?  I think a Jewish QB would KILL it in this market.  And no I didn't know he was an athiest, but this was directed more towards nationality than religion. 

Most of us are too busy controlling the media and the banks to pay attention to such things.

If it came to pass I hope he kills it better than Jay Fiedler.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, Lil Woody said:

So can you answer? Assuming we get to the point (and I think it is accurate) that they are 1 and 1a....would you prefer Rosen? 

I don't give a ****. Nobody does because it's 2017. Draft a transgender sea urchin for all I care as long as it can complete passes.

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

Rosen is biologically only half Jewish (on his father's side) and apparently identifies as an atheist.

Actually, there are alot of Jews these days that are very secular, don't practice the religion much, inter-marry, and consider themselves as agnostic or atheist.

But those same people still identify themselves as being Jewish.  But more as in terms of a race, instead of a religion.

The explanations of why for the above facts vary, and are more complicated to explain.

4 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Actually, there are alot of Jews these days that are very secular, don't practice the religion much, inter-marry, and consider themselves as agnostic or atheist.

But those same people still identify themselves as being Jewish.  But more as in terms of a race, instead of a religion.

The explanations of why for the above facts vary, and are more complicated to explain.

Wow.  This all started as a joke, but you know what, I learned something today.

Thank you, RoadFan.  Thank you.

1 minute ago, JoeC36 said:

I'm interested to see how far this gets off the rails before I have to inevitably lock it. 

So as I am learning the temperature of this board....what would lock a thread?

As long as discussion is civil, I would assume there would be no need.

Or are people just so sensitive that we can't actually talk about things like nationalism and cultural identity?  Seems odd given today's political climate of inclusion and diversity. Or is it just that we have a lot of immaturity here? Which I'd understand, being quite immature myself at times.

My first post although I have lurked here for forever and a day. However this might be the most ridiculous thread ever and I figured it was time. Not like the QB would be pitching kreplach. So who cares what religion he is...

5 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

So as I am learning the temperature of this board....what would lock a thread?

As long as discussion is civil, I would assume there would be no need.

Or are people just so sensitive that we can't actually talk about things like nationalism and cultural identity?  Seems odd given today's political climate of inclusion and diversity. Or is it just that we have a lot of immaturity here? Which I'd understand, being quite immature myself at times.

I don't know you as a poster from a whole in the wall.  But as of yet, this thread is not offensive to me.  And I am extremely sensitive to anti-semitism.  I have my late grandmother's number from Auschwitz tattooed on my arm.

Fact;  Large portions of the Jets fan base are Americans with Italian, Irish, and Jewish backgrounds.  Nothing to see here... yet anyway...

9 minutes ago, sciond said:

My first post although I have lurked here for forever and a day. However this might be the most ridiculous thread ever and I figured it was time. Not like the QB would be pitching kreplach. So who cares what religion he is...

LOL!  After it was used on Seinfeld, I might have gone with Derma or Kugel.

Archived