WOW

Tinstar

Towles measured 6047/241 pounds including a hand of 9.5 inches.  His vertical jump reached 33.5 inches, he touched 10-feet even in the broad then timed 4.59s in the forty.

This could make me reconsider my take on QB in the 1st round .

41 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Towles measured 6047/241 pounds including a hand of 9.5 inches.  His vertical jump reached 33.5 inches, he touched 10-feet even in the broad then timed 4.59s in the forty.

Who is this player?  Never heard of him.  What school?

39 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Watch some BC football games. Then tell me you still want him. I was not impressed at all. I saw Louisville, VT and Maryland (bowl) last year.

Just now, Lil Woody said:

Watch some BC football games. Then tell me you still want him. I was not impressed at all. I saw Louisville, VT and Maryland (bowl) last year.

I've been following him since his Kentucky days. He played with a sh*tty BC team  hardly knowing their offense. He's a project with all the skills any QB coach would crave

9 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I've been following him since his Kentucky days. He played with a sh*tty BC team  hardly knowing their offense. He's a project with all the skills any QB coach would crave

OK. What games would you say are worth watching for him? I'm game for reviewing them if I can find them on youtube that is...Kentucky is not a program I ever watch live. If they have some good prospects, I'll go back and check whatever draftbreakdown.com has for me.

7 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

Maybe you can change the trajectory of it then with some insight and content?

On a player that might not even get drafted? He's a great athlete that happens to play QB. In today's NFL it will be tough to find the time to work with this kid. He should go to the USFL or developmental league for a few years.

16 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

He started 1 yr at Boston college after transferring from Kentucky where he was the starter for 2 yrs prior . He's got an absolute cannon for an arm and is mobile as hell . He just needs developing big time .

Oh.  For a second I was convinced "Towles" was just a combo of "Todd" and "Bowles". 

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

On a player that might not even get drafted? He's a great athlete that happens to play QB. In today's NFL it will be tough to find the time to work with this kid. He should go to the USFL or developmental league for a few years.

That makes a hell of a lot of sense for him. I'm not a believer that he'll be doing anything other than selling insurance or whatever. He looked HORRIBLE when I saw him. But to be fair, I don't like Boston teams so some bias exists there. Now as far as the "Athlete" part....any chance you think he switches positions? Might be worth trying for some team as a UDFA TE or something....stash him on the PS for 2 years or whatever? 

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Oh.  For a second I was convinced "Towles" was just a combo of "Todd" and "Bowles". 

Sounds like fate.

I don't remember what game I caught, but he had a stretch of 5-6 throws where he looked absolutely unreal. Throws with zip and perfect placements, couldn't have walked over and handed it to the receivers in a better spot. Then he got erratic. Not sure if it's a mechanical thing. Wouldn't hate him as a late round flyer to compete with Petty for a roster spot.

Just now, derp said:

Sounds like fate.

I don't remember what game I caught, but he had a stretch of 5-6 throws where he looked absolutely unreal. Throws with zip and perfect placements, couldn't have walked over and handed it to the receivers in a better spot. Then he got erratic. Not sure if it's a mechanical thing. Wouldn't hate him as a late round flyer to compete with Petty for a roster spot.

I doubt you need to burn a draft pick on him. He's deep in UDFA territory.

25 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

That makes a hell of a lot of sense for him. I'm not a believer that he'll be doing anything other than selling insurance or whatever. He looked HORRIBLE when I saw him. But to be fair, I don't like Boston teams so some bias exists there. Now as far as the "Athlete" part....any chance you think he switches positions? Might be worth trying for some team as a UDFA TE or something....stash him on the PS for 2 years or whatever? 

Do you think he can develop into a Brad Smith type player? (that was one of the worst moves by Tanny when he let him sign with the Bills for a relatively modest sum. We won two games in 2010 directly because of him).

4 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

Do you think he can develop into a Brad Smith type player? (that was one of the worst moves by Tanny when he let him sign with the Bills for a relatively modest sum. We won two games in 2010 directly because of him).

Sounds like more of a question for Tinstar. He seems way more familiar with him. He's holding weight at 240? Could he slim down and get to 4.5?  I don't know...But as a TE...that's pretty good. That's a very tough path for him. I doubt anyone gives him a shot there, especially this late in the game.  My guess is he'd need to REALLY impress scouts as a receiver at the proday. (Assuming it hasn't happened yet.)

Did you guys see this kid from Ohio State?  Linebacker.  6'4", 260lbs, runs a 4.6 40, 35.5 inch vertical and a 10-1/2" broad jump--37 reps on the bench!

Then there's kid, WR from Georgia tech.  Wow!  6'4", 215 lbs, ran a legit 4.36 in the 40 and has a 39.5 inch vertical!

Another kid from Ohio state, WR, 6' tall 4.4 40, 39" vertical and 10' broad jump!  Man-o-man!

And a OT from Umass, 6'4" 332 lbs.  At that size he ran a 5.2 40!  29 reps on the bench and a 28" vertical!  At 332 Pounds!

I'd take any one of them in the first round with those measurables. How can you lose?

#1  Vernon Gholston

#2 Stephen Hill

#3 Devin Smith

#4 Vlad Ducasse

sign football players and leave the tape measure to the carpenters please.

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

So Andre the Giant should have been the GOAT at QB!

7 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Did you guys see this kid from Ohio State?  Linebacker.  6'4", 260lbs, runs a 4.6 40, 35.5 inch vertical and a 10-1/2" broad jump--37 reps on the bench!

Then there's kid, WR from Georgia tech.  Wow!  6'4", 215 lbs, ran a legit 4.36 in the 40 and has a 39.5 inch vertical!

Another kid from Ohio state, WR, 6' tall 4.4 40, 39" vertical and 10' broad jump!  Man-o-man!

And a OT from Umass, 6'4" 332 lbs.  At that size he ran a 5.2 40!  29 reps on the bench and a 28" vertical!  At 332 Pounds!

I'd take any one of them in the first round with those measurables. How can you lose?

#1  Vernon Gholston

#2 Stephen Hill

#3 Devin Smith

#4 Vlad Ducasse

sign football players and leave the tape measure to the carpenters please.

100% knew this was the direction you were going. Yet, still enjoyed the trip. Well done. 

7 hours ago, Tinstar said:

So I guess you folks think that I am considering drafting an UDFA or at best a 7th round pick in the 1st round .

Well, "This could make me reconsider my take on QB in the 1st round ."   This would kind of indicate that.   NO?

16 hours ago, Tinstar said:

He started 1 yr at Boston college after transferring from Kentucky where he was the starter for 2 yrs prior . He's got an absolute cannon for an arm and is mobile as hell . He just needs developing big time .

I've always loved the development projects. 

16 hours ago, dbatesman said:

I know it's a high bar to clear, but this is legitimately one of the dumbest threads in JN history.

YES..but the logic he has applied had been used by NY JETS GM's for decades.

How do you think we got Ducasse, Amaro passed on Marino, SAPP.  :(

Archived