Benjamin Allbright claims word is Jets likely to draft a first round QB

Jetsbb

4 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

"4-12 Mac gets fired" . . . . How does that correlate to "If Mac doesn't Find a QB in the 2017 draft?" 

Troy Aikman's rookie year was 1-15. Cowboys found a QB that year yet only won a game. 

SO pick which opinion of yours "Gets Mac Fired:" 4-12 season or Not finding a QB in 2017?

SMH.

How many years in were the Cowboy's GM/HC im place when they drafted Aikman and they went 1-15? 

That helps. 

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

You're way over projecting with Darnold. He's looked promising. Very promising, but ease off the Andrew Luck treatment. Draft pundits are having a hard time making a case for any of this year's guys being legit rnd 1 franchise QBs... next year has better prospects. That's just the way it is. 

Thank you!!!  Every year there's a "hot" QB that's coming out the next year and fans want to "tank" for him.  Then the scouts

will pick him apart and then no one wants to draft him.  It's the same pattern every year.  Didn't fans want us to tank last year 

for Watson and now we have a legit shot at him at #6 and no one wants him

I like Hackenberg, he seems like a good kid who stuck around in a bad situation. He showed loyalty and poise beyond his years. I hope he can get it together and one day realize his potential as a player....But not at the expense of the Jets future. I learned my lesson with FitzTragic, what I think about a player as a person is irrelevant, as long as he can be a positive and productive member of the team. What I think of some kid that I will never personally know is meaningless, so if throwing a good kid (Hack, Petty) to the wolves to ensure we can grab a guy like Darnold, and destroying the kids possible future as an NFL player, I honestly don't care. They're adults, they got some pretty good payouts of the likes I'll never see, and they'll both be fine in life no matter how little they do in the NFL. 

The fact that they overdrafted Hack and gave him false hope is just collateral damage. It's meaningless. 

Just don't compound the mistake by overdrafting another guy this year...

Welcome. At this point it's almost believable they intend to at least give it a shot.

Most years , you at least want " a shot " at winning a championship.

This season, we want at least " a shot" at finally acquiring a franchise Qb. That's all this year is about. I will root every week for us to get pummeled

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, KRL said:

Thank you!!!  Every year there's a "hot" QB that's coming out the next year and fans want to "tank" for him.  Then the scouts

will pick him apart and then no one wants to draft him.  It's the same pattern every year.  Didn't fans want us to tank last year 

Sounds alot like this guy. 

Ohio+State+v+Michigan+State+1IlmsS3xEWdl

10 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

That he's inaccurate and inconsistent and while he's a high character guy with the physical tools, he was vastly overdrafted. 

I don't think that he is such a high character guy based on what I've heard from some Penn State alums who went to school with him.  One of them is a very good friend of my son and he told us that Hack was NOT well liked by his peers and was an arrogant, self-centered douche off the field.  One incident in particular he told us about while he was with his friends in a local bar, Hack was trying to pick up a girl and she wasn't exactly interested and something like "who the fk are you anyway?" (apparently unaware that he was the QB on the team.)  His response, in full hearing range and view of all around him: "Why don't you go google me, bitch!"

High character?  LOL.  Entitled, self-centered, arrogant prick may be a better description.  My son's friend that Hack was NOT well respected and that people didn't like him socially at all, if that matters to anyone here.  In the ned, the word that he said most Penn St students who knew Hack would use to describe him would be "jerk".  Take that FWIW, if anything at all.

Just now, KRL said:

Same story with Leinart, Locker, Brohm, etc etc. I don't believe in crowning a man a year away. 

What we can say is -- there's a lot more potential in next year's class. That's pretty obvious. And if my job hung in the balance, i'd be doing everything to maneuver myself into a place to have a swing at 2018, over tying myself to the present batch of overcooked muffins. 

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Now imagine that same GM drafting a QB at #6 and having the audacity to put him as the #3 QB behind the worst starting vet this generation and our current starter who's everything thedude and Jet_engine1 just stated. 

I can just see Macc's future, like that kid in that movie that can see dead people. 

057fe1_96de4b2793de419db199190ab02a11fb.

Here is the problem my friend.  Both guys YOU want are gone.

Glennon is a Bear, Geno is a Giant.  Crying over that spilled milk is not a solution.

We (basically) have three options in 2017:

1. Stand Firm:  Start Petty or Hack, Petty or Hack is #2, McCown is #3.  Draft no QB, try and build around Hack.  

2. Try and Win:  Start McCown.  Or sign Culter, cut Petty, and start Culter, #2 McCown.  Hack, yeah, whatever, maybe year #3.

3. Continue to do what he's Been Doing:  Hack #1, McCown #2, New Draft Pick #3, and keep drafting till we find a QB.

There are pros and cons to each, and reasons each could get Macc/Bowles fired.  

Personally, I immediately dump idea #2.  Servers no purpose.

Idea #1 almost assuredly will result int he NY Jets having no QB at able to start on the roster in 2018.  Better hope we pick #1 overall if thats the case.

Idea #3 is my preferred route.  Pick one every year, slot them in at #3, and work through the gusy we picked previously first and give them a live fire chance to be "the guy".

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

What year was the Cowboy's/GM im place when they drafted Aikman and they went 1-15? 

It was their first, but my point is that You can "find your QB" and still suck. He first claimed "not finding a QB in this draft gets Mac fired" but then later declares that a CRAP record (4-12) is what will get Mac fired. Which is it? Either OR? Choose one, it can't be BOTH.

I BELIEVE, not fact, that Woody gave the CS & FO a PASS b/c they "tried the Competitive Rebuild Woody business model" at first & failed. I believe NOW Mac gets to function as if it were his initial  year and he WOULD/COULD/SHOULD will do NOW what WE FANS EXPECTED back in '15. 

Those who put all the onus on this year to be successful I COMPLETELY DISAGREE with. 

Just now, Warfish said:

Here is the problem my friend.  Both guys YOU want are gone.

Glennon is a Bear, Geno is a Giant.  Crying over that spilled milk is not a solution.

We (basically) have three options in 2017:

1. Stand Firm:  Start Petty or Hack, Petty or Hack is #2, McCown is #3.  Draft no QB, try and build around Hack.  

2. Try and Win:  Start McCown.  Or sign Culter, cut Petty, and start Culter, #2 McCown.  Hack, yeah, whatever, maybe year #3.

3. Continue to do what he's Been Doing:  Hack #1, McCown #2, New Draft Pick #3, and keep drafting till we find a QB.

There are pros and cons to each, and reasons each could get Macc/Bowles fired.  

Personally, I immediately dump idea #2.  Servers no purpose.

Idea #1 almost assuredly will result int he NY Jets having no QB at able to start on the roster in 2018.  Better hope we pick #1 overall if thats the case.

Idea #3 is my preferred route.  Pick one every year, slot them in at #3, and work through the gusy we picked previously first and give them a live fire chance to be "the guy".

Dude, I thought that we just came to the conclusion that we're going to stick to Jets talk. Why the need to deflect and mention players from other teams everytime you're corrected? lol. 

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Hack was trying to pick up a girl and she wasn't exactly interested and something like "who the fk are you anyway?" (apparently unaware that he was the QB on the team.)  His response, in full hearing range and view of all around him: "Why don't you go google me, bitch!"

lol, that actually improved his stock with me. 

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

lol, that actually improved his stock with me. 

LOL. It is indeed very Ben Roethlisbergerish, isn't it?  That was precisely the demaeanor of Big Ben in his younger days.  (Rape accusations and all.)  Sure didn't handicap his performance I guess.  

9 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

It was their first, but my point is that You can "find your QB" and still suck. He first claimed "not finding a QB in this draft gets Mac fired" but then later declares that a CRAP record (4-12) is what will get Mac fired. Which is it? Either OR? Choose one, it can't be BOTH.

I BELIEVE, not fact, that Woody gave the CS & FO a PASS b/c they "tried the Competitive Rebuild Woody business model" at first & failed. I believe NOW Mac gets to function as if it were his initial  year and he WOULD/COULD/SHOULD will do NOW what WE FANS EXPECTED back in '15. 

Those who put all the onus on this year to be successful I COMPLETELY DISAGREE with. 

I understood your point, im just saying that there was much more to your point that you left out. 

When Jimmy Johnson and that new regime came in he specifically stated that he was putting a "3 year plan" in place and he promised that if they saw things through that by the end of that 3 year plan they'll be contending for titles. Taking over a bad 3-13 team from the legendary Tom Landry was going to be work. Sure, he found his QB year 1 and went 1-15 that same season....but Jimmy Johnson had space to grow given that the team he took over was a 3-13 team with culture problems and it was his 1st season as the coach.

That's different than going into year three and your history is having to blow up a team 2 years after receiving a team that was already blown up and you were handed 150 million in cap space on top of that. If Macc finds his QB and the Jets go 1-15 dont be surprised if he's shown the door. Why? Because he went from 10-6, to 5-11 to 1-15. 

Just to throw it out there. Jimmy Johnson when from 1-15 to 7-9, to 11-5 and a playoff birth. The next two seasons they were SB champions. The context makes these two  situations hard to compare. 

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I don't think that he is such a high character guy based on what I've heard from some Penn State alums who went to school with him.  One of them is a very good friend of my son and he told us that Hack was NOT well liked by his peers and was an arrogant, self-centered douche off the field.  One incident in particular he told us about while he was with his friends in a local bar, Hack was trying to pick up a girl and she wasn't exactly interested and something like "who the fk are you anyway?" (apparently unaware that he was the QB on the team.)  His response, in full hearing range and view of all around him: "Why don't you go google me, bitch!"

High character?  LOL.  Entitled, self-centered, arrogant prick may be a better description.  My son's friend that Hack was NOT well respected and that people didn't like him socially at all, if that matters to anyone here.  In the ned, the word that he said most Penn St students who knew Hack would use to describe him would be "jerk".  Take that FWIW, if anything at all.

So an 10-20 year old kid who has basically been catered too his entire life acts like a kid and he's a jerk.  Take what you just posted and compare it to a kid who had every chance to back out of his commitment when all hell broke loose at State College but stayed and honored his commitment to his detriment .

What you posted is hear-say . What I posted is actual facts .

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

I understood your point, im just saying that there was much more to your point that you left out. 

When Jimmy Johnson and that new regime came in he specifically stated that he was putting a "3 year plan" in place and he promised that if they saw things through that by the end of that 3 year plan they'll be contending for titles. Taking over a bad 3-13 team from the legendary Tom Landry was going to be work. Sure, he found his QB year 1 and went 1-15 that same season....but Jimmy Johnson had space to grow given that the team he took over was a 3-13 team with culture problems. 

That's different than going into year three and your history is having to blow up a team 2 years after receiving a team that was already blown up and was handed 150 million on top of that. If Macc finds his QB and the Jets go 1-15 dont be surprised if he's shown the door. Why? Because he went from 10-6, to 5-11 to 1-15. 

Just to throw it out there. Jimmy Johnson when from 1-15 to 7-9, to 11-5 and a playoff birth. The next two seasons they were SB champions. The context makes these two  situations hard to compare. 

Yes and no. Since ThaDude declares opinion as fact, then I'll do the same here for the purpose of answering your post.

I believe that Mac was told to make the Jets relevant when he arrived in 2015 after the BRUTAL 4-12 2014 season. Jets surprised and ALMOST made the playoffs. Woody wanted ALL IN and Jets tricked out a 2015 Jaloppy team thinking it was a contender. Woody was wrong and NOW Mac has the free pass to rebuild - SIMILAR TO JIMMY JOHNSON - by infusing talent via the draft and NO Quick Fix FA signings. 

SO, with that in consideration, I don't FEEL that Woody would Ax Mac after this year IF they 1) have a poor record or 2) realize NEITHER Petty or Hack are the #1s going forward and Mac can then FOCUS on 2018 to go get his guy. 

2 different situations, but I feel the Jets are now, in year 3, what the 1989 Cowboys were heading into that season: A Blank Canvas. 

4 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

So an 10-20 year old kid who has basically been catered too his entire life acts like a kid and he's a jerk.  Take what you just posted and compare it to a kid who had every chance to back out of his commitment when all hell broke loose at State College but stayed and honored his commitment to his detriment .

What you posted is hear-say . What I posted is actual facts .

It's hearsay for sure, but this young man had no reason to lie, in fact he gave Hack the benefit of the doubt.  Plus, he is not the only Penn State grad who went to school with him that knows my kids that said he wasn't well liked.  Two others said, yeah, he's an a-hole.  And I'm not saying any of this matters to how good he will be as a QB, but we should not be buying in to the assumption that Hack is a "high character guy".  Sure he hung around a deteriorating program.  That proves nothing.  so it's all conjecture.

10 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

If the Jets draft Watson or Trubisky @#6, I'll be the FIRST to eat crow and admit I was DEAD wrong. I just don't see it happening unless it's an owner mandate. Just seems like a tool of a "sports writer" who was tired of playing with himself at midnight decides to tweet at 12:10 am on a Wednesday something that a few local articles have already covered & it's just regurgitating the SAME "Jets like Trubisky" headline that is NOT earth shattering and about as credible as one of ol' Joe WIlly 12's tall tales about his neighbor with the magic free Jets tickets. That was a run-on sentence. 

lol 

surprising how capt obvious could not see the obvious in this particular matter.

Were getting a QB in the first or second. Best case scenario: trade down a few spots, gain an extra 2nd and take mahones there. We could end the second round with one of the top 3 qb's, a top cb/safety and a top OL guy. Thats would be nice

24 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

How many years in were the Cowboy's GM/HC im place when they drafted Aikman and they went 1-15? 

That helps. 

The used their number 1 pick on Aikman in 1989 and also a number 1 pick on Steve Walsh in the 1989 supplemental draft..

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

Yes and no. Since ThaDude declares opinion as fact, then I'll do the same here for the purpose of answering your post.

I believe that Mac was told to make the Jets relevant when he arrived in 2015 after the BRUTAL 4-12 2014 season. Jets surprised and ALMOST made the playoffs. Woody wanted ALL IN and Jets tricked out a 2015 Jaloppy team thinking it was a contender. Woody was wrong and NOW Mac has the free pass to rebuild - SIMILAR TO JIMMY JOHNSON - by infusing talent via the draft and NO Quick Fix FA signings. 

SO, with that in consideration, I don't FEEL that Woody would Ax Mac after this year IF they 1) have a poor record or 2) realize NEITHER Petty or Hack are the #1s going forward and Mac can then FOCUS on 2018 to go get his guy. 

2 different situations, but I feel the Jets are now, in year 3, what the 1989 Cowboys were heading into that season: A Blank Canvas. 

Given that this isnt ThaDude you're talking to I dont really understand the purpose...but I'll go with it given that this will be rather simple. 

Woody Johnson seems to be making all of these decisions based on your opinions that are fact. Then it could also be an opinion of mine which is now fact that if woody doesnt get what he wants this season that's the end of Macc given that he's making Woody's plans look bad year after year and we all know that Woody's a "football guy". 

:-) 

Also, if you feel that the Jets are in year 3 of what that Cowboys team was then could you please explain to me how did you get the Jets going 11-5 and winning a playoff game with this current roster? 

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

It's hearsay for sure, but this young man had no reason to lie, in fact he gave Hack the benefit of the doubt.  Plus, he is not the only Penn State grad who went to school with him that knows my kids that said he wasn't well liked.  Two others said, yeah, he's an a-hole.  And I'm not saying any of this matters to how good he will be as a QB, but we should not be buying in to the assumption that Hack is a "high character guy".  Sure he hung around a deteriorating program.  That proves nothing.  so it's all conjecture.

Yeah, and grunts badmouth Rangers, Rangers badmouth SF, and Squids sh*ttalk about the Douchebag SEALs they ran into at the bar... And yeah, Cops and Firemen still dump all over each other. LOL.

The opinion of student body nobodies about guys on the Football Team that probably cock blocked them in a bar are about as irrelevant as it gets.

2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

lol 

surprising how capt obvious could not see the obvious in this particular matter.

Were getting a QB in the first or second. Best case scenario: trade down a few spots, gain an extra 2nd and take mahones there. We could end the second round with one of the top 3 qb's, a top cb/safety and a top OL guy. Thats would be nice

$hit for brains isn't worth the time.

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yeah, and grunts badmouth Rangers, Rangers badmouth SF, and Squids sh*ttalk about the Douchebag SEALs they ran into at the bar...

The opinion of student body nobodies about guys on the Football Teams that probably cock blocked them in a bar are about as relevant as it gets.

dude, you claimed he was a "high ccharacter" guy.  I'm saying that this has not been proven and is just more speculation. That's all.  It's not an indictment of him as a QB. I hope he breaks out and is great.  He can behave like a young Roethlisberger for all I care as long as he delivers on the field.  But no one in their right mind would call Roethlisberger a high caharcter guy and claiming that Hack is is just foolish.

10 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

The used their number 1 pick on Aikman in 1989 and also a number 1 pick on Steve Walsh in the 1989 supplemental draft..

My question was more rhetorical. It's hard to see the Jets and that 89 Cowboys team being anywhere comparable. 

Macc is on his 3rd season. Putting the bad signings aside, the only starters that Macc has drafted was Leo Williams, Jordan Jenkins and our Punter. The Jets are desperate for Offensive talent/weapons yet the top 6 picks he's had (rounds 1-3 in 2015/16) 4 of those 6 picks are on the defensive side of the ball. The 2 offensive picks is Hackenberg which is a project and Devin Smith who's suddenly become Mr. Glass from the Movie "Unbreakable."

When your biggest draft standouts is a DLineman which was already the strength of the team along with a punter....things are looking pretty bleak. 

Im not liking Macc's direction at all. 

Just now, Dcat said:

dude, you claimed he was a "high ccharacter" guy.  I'm saying that this has not been proven and is just more speculation. That's all.  It's not an indictment of him as a QB. I hope he breaks out and is great.  He can behave like a young Roethlisberger for all I care as long as he delivers on the field.  But no one in their right mind would call Roethlisberger a high caharcter guy and claiming that Hack is is just foolish.

Yep, and I think Hack will never amount to more than career journeyman backup, but I'll take the opinion of scouts, NFL teams and analysts and the empirical  evidence of Hack staying at a program that was absolutely nearly destroyed after scandal when he could have left over the third hand stories on an internet message board about how some dude in my kids Poli-sci 101 class said that the High Profile, BMOC Division 1 QB of Penn State that looks like the human incarnation of Sterling Archer once was rude to a young lady at a drinking establishment because she rejected his advances.... therefore, he is of poor character. 

Ultimately, who gives a crap. Suck for Sam, and if necessary, USE Hackenberg to do so.

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Given that this isnt ThaDude you're talking to I dont really understand the purpose...but I'll go with it given that this will be rather simple. 

Then don't interject and begin answering arguments FOR HIM because that's who, and its context, are directed to. 

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Woody Johnson seems to be making all of these decisions based on your opinions that are fact. Then it could also be an opinion of mine which is now fact that if woody doesnt get what he wants this season that's the end of Macc given that he's making Woody's plans look bad year after year and we all know that Woody's a "football guy". 

That's HOW the whole thing started. Labowski was stating opinions as fact. Mac no Find QB in 17, Fired. Mac no winning '17, Fired. 

I disagreed and used, albeit not the best, the '89Cowboys as an example. 

8 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Also, if you feel that the Jets are in year 3 of what that Cowboys team was then could you please explain to me how did you get the Jets going 11-5 and winning a playoff game with this current roster

NO, you're misreading what I attempted to explain. I NEVER said the 2017 Jets roster would go 11-5 and playoffs. :blink: The Jets' Year 3 is like the Cowboys INITAL 1989 year. I think they will be VERY YOUNG, LOTS of Draft Picks as Starters, and a Bad season record, BUT you will see some glimpses of the TALENT selected by the FO start to shine in 2017. The '15 team that went 10-6 had an easy schedule, savvy veterans, and like always, flew under the radar to surprise people. 

49 minutes ago, Dcat said:

In some ways I want my QB to be arrogant and a jerk sometimes.  IMO that seemed to be Sanchez problem.  He was too nice. 

I'd guess the situation you described  happens to a lot of QBs in college. They're 20 yr old kids w/a BMOC attitude. As for peers. Who knows. Could be some jealousy. Again, he was BMOC.  

He could have transferred w/o having to sit out a yr due to the sanctions but he did stay. He stayed, got the sh*t kicked out of him weekly but still got up and took the next snap. 

Does that mean he's the answer?  No. But I can't understand how anyone can say yes he is or no he's not or even he's a b/u at best at this stage. Let's see how the year plays out. He's not and won't be at the end of this season a finished product. People will neeed to accept and realize that.  But many won't. 

36 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Did he Rob, shoot, or Rape anyone? 

Does he have baby mammas fighting it out for more "child support" and videos it like Fowler, Jr.?

Is the kid confident in his abilities SO MUCH that he felt he could be the ONE to keep PSU respectable after EVERYONE deserted? Sounds like a leader to me.

I sadly fall into the same category:

quote-if-a-man-has-a-very-decided-charac

:D

52 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yeah, but we want to get a shot at winning a Superbowl, not enjoy having grandchildren with the ******* guy. LOL.

A family is strongest when it's together, just like a team wins a SB, not a QB . If the QB is the leader and respected as such, you just might win a few .

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

Then don't interject and begin answering arguments FOR HIM because that's who, and its context, are directed to. 

I didnt interject on his behalf, you decided after I interjected on my behalf to then do what you claim he did. Which, I was able to play along with and prove that either way it wont end well. 

That's HOW the whole thing started. Labowski was stating opinions as fact. Mac no Find QB in 17, Fired. Mac no winning '17, Fired. 

I disagreed and used, albeit not the best, the '89Cowboys as an example. 

And the 89 cowboys example was a poor one given that it doesnt work once you look at the context. The Jets are not in a similar situation...no matter how this started. 

NO, you're misreading what I attempted to explain. I NEVER said the 2017 Jets roster would go 11-5 and playoffs. :blink: The Jets' Year 3 is like the Cowboys INITAL 1989 year. I think they will be VERY YOUNG, LOTS of Draft Picks as Starters, and a Bad season record, BUT you will see some glimpses of the TALENT selected by the FO start to shine in 2017. The '15 team that went 10-6 had an easy schedule, savvy veterans, and like always, flew under the radar to surprise people. 

I never said that you said anything, I said to explain your statement...which you are now doing via clarification. You dont need boggley eyes to understand the difference. 

Also the Jets in respect to the team situation overall is most definitely in that 1989 year...they're a poor team. However the guys managing/coaching this team arent in that year 1 situation...which is what I was explaining was the difference when viewed correctly. 

The team that went 10-6 is meaningless today given that their follow up was a 12 million dollar contract to a JAG, a fat Darrelle Revis, no D'Brick, a finished Mangold and a 5-11 record. 2015 isnt going to save anyone. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

If they draft a QB at #6, I'm fine with it.  I prefer Trubisky, but if it's Watson, or even Herr Kaizer, so be it.

The idea we can simply "suck for Darnold" is laughable.  There is absolutely no way to ensure we are picking high enough for that next year, nor that Darnold makes it to that draft as healthy or as highly coveted as he is by some fans today.

If the team is in a position now to draft a QB they think can be a franchise QB, they should consider taking him.  Because there is no sure-fire way to make sure we're in that position next year, or that an option is available where we pick next year.

And again, selecting a QB now, and another next year, is absolutely possible.  No, it's not efficient, but all that matters in the NFL is the QB position, and until you have one, the rest, frankly, matters very little no matter how good it is.

Look were we are today:

1. We have a 2nd round pick QB, Hackenberg, who thus far has shown very little positive.  He will get (or should get) first crack at the #1 job in 2017.  Even if it means we suck.

2. We have Petty, a 4th rounder (if I recall).  He got some opportunity, and played mostly poorly, and could not stay on the field.  He's disposable as a long term asset if superior prospects are available.

3. We have the joke that is McCown. A 37 year old loser with no future of any kind.  100% Disposable.  

So it's not like we have three future Joe Montana's sitting at QB already.  We may be the single weakest team in the NFL at QB, with (basicly) one prospect who thus far looks like a possible bust in Hack.

If a possible franchise QB is available at #6, you take him.  No CB or DT or LB or TE, no matter how good, matters like a QB.  And we'll have the rest of the draft to pick supporting youth to build the roster.

A QB every year till we find one that sticks.  

Now.......with all that said, I think the Jets "interest" is 100% smoke.  I think we go CB at #6, and heavy on Defense (yes, yet again).  And we roll with McCown at #1 QB, and maybe (if we're lucky) Hack get some time late in a lost season.  And we go into 2018 still asking "is Hack a possible they guy?"  Because SOJ.

I completely agree with you (and that is rare) EXCEPT for your last paragraph. Based on recent history I think that it is the Jets' intent to play their cards close to the vest. I have no idea who or what position the Jets will pick.

5 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Did he Rob, shoot, or Rape anyone? 

Does he have baby mammas fighting it out for more "child support" and videos it like Fowler, Jr.?

Is the kid confident in his abilities SO MUCH that he felt he could be the ONE to keep PSU respectable after EVERYONE deserted? Sounds like a leader to me.

I sadly fall into the same category:

quote-if-a-man-has-a-very-decided-charac

:D

My name is villain. Some confuse me with being a nihilist...but im just the opposite to an protagonist...which would make me an antagonist. sh*t, its in my screen name..."Villain" or "Foe"! lol. 

:-)

Archived