Kiper Mock 3.0

prime21

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, JiF said:

While drafting a TE at #6 is not ideal, OJ Howard might be the safest bet in this draft.  He's a ridiculous talent and I honestly be pretty excited to watch this guys career.  The more and more it looks like they're not going QB at #6, I'm find myself going back and forth between Howard and Williams. 

I just can't see the Jets drafting a QB since all of them are projects and likely not ready to go from day 1. If we are in tank mode, then there is no need to draft a project in the first round when you are gunning for a Darnold or Rosen in next years draft. 
It's a much more likely that they would draft an offensive weapon to help Hack/Petty emerge and if they are busts the offensive weapon can help the next guy. Bringing in a Trubisky to play with developing WRs, no Tight end, subpar OL and a avg RB in Powell is a recipe for disaster. 

A guy like Howard, if he is a beast will make the QB/WRs all look better. The same could be said about Fournette.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

same for me with a small dose of Hooker.  I don't think Williams will be elite talent like Watkins or Hopkins from Clemson, although I do like Clemson WRs.  In fact, Williams proved he can chase down balls from a weak-armed inaccurate passer in Watson, so that might be what a young inaccurate QB needs.  Still, I think the "difference maker" label is better assigned to Howard than Williams.. and probably Hooker too.

I want nothing to do with Hooker, personally.  1 year wonder who doesnt take good angles, struggles in the open field and isnt a great tackler?  No thanks.  I'd rather have Adams if they're going S.

I dont recall Hopkins being considered "elite" when he was coming out.  He wasnt talked about as the best WR in the class (Tavon Austin) and was a little bit of surprise 1st rounder if I recall.  I think they're actually pretty similar prospects with Williams having the edge on height/body type and speed. 

53 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I just can't see the Jets drafting a QB since all of them are projects and likely not ready to go from day 1. If we are in tank mode, then there is no need to draft a project in the first round when you are gunning for a Darnold or Rosen in next years draft. 
It's a much more likely that they would draft an offensive weapon to help Hack/Petty emerge and if they are busts the offensive weapon can help the next guy. Bringing in a Trubisky to play with developing WRs, no Tight end, subpar OL and a avg RB in Powell is a recipe for disaster. 

A guy like Howard, if he is a beast will make the QB/WRs all look better. The same could be said about Fournette.

I honestly have no clue what direction they plan to go.  I'd prefer at QB at #6 but dont see it happening at all.  That said, I'd prefer them take one of the pass catching options as opposed to a RB.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

same for me with a small dose of Hooker.  I don't think Williams will be elite talent like Watkins or Hopkins from Clemson, although I do like Clemson WRs.  In fact, Williams proved he can chase down balls from a weak-armed inaccurate passer in Watson, so that might be what a young inaccurate QB needs.  Still, I think the "difference maker" label is better assigned to Howard than Williams.. and probably Hooker too.

Watson/Nuk are similar players to one another.  Williams is not at all like them.  More like a better, shorter Martavis Bryant if we are trying to stay with the Clemson program. But I'd actually liken him to more of an strong jump ball guy like maybe a Brandon Marshall or Mike Evans but just a tic shorter.  If he can sharpen his routes and footwork he'd instantly be in the a discussion for top 10 NFL WR.  LOVE his catch radius and ability to get the contested throws. High points the ball effortlessly.

15 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Our history for taking tight ends early is abysmal. Just cant see it turning out good. Sorta same reason I know longer sit on folding chairs. 

That's all just fan hysteria. We have had horrible management since forever.  Don't blame the positions. Don't blame the schools they come from.  Blame the scouting.

Too bad about your history with folding chairs though. Not sure who you want to blame for that one....

21 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Our history for taking tight ends early is abysmal. Just cant see it turning out good. Sorta same reason I know longer sit on folding chairs. 

As opposed to our great success at taking RBs (Blair Thomas), LBers (Vernon Gholston), QBS (Sanchez), DBs (Milliner/Pryor)....

You have to ignore the history and take the BPA. If Howard/Fournette are around at 6, they are going to be BPA. The question is whether Macc will pull the trigger or go back to our decade long run of taking defense and ignoring the offense. 

28 minutes ago, JiF said:

I want nothing to do with Hooker, personally.  1 year wonder who doesnt take good angles, struggles in the open field and isnt a great tackler?  No thanks.  I'd rather have Adams if they're going S.

I dont recall Hopkins being considered "elite" when he was coming out.  He wasnt talked about as the best WR in the class (Tavon Austin) and was a little bit of surprise 1st rounder if I recall.  I think they're actually pretty similar prospects with Williams having the edge on height/body type and speed. 

I agree if we are talking about #6.  Hooker is worth the risk later. Adams too. Just not at 6.  Hooker could be very special if he works hard on fixing his flaws. I'd take him after 10 if the top edge rushers and WRs and Howard were all gone. Adams I like but a strong safety with limited range is not worth a top 10 pick no matter how off the charts his intangibles are. Again after #10 diff story...if we are only looking at OTs, ILBs, RBs or reach for QBs....then fine.

1 minute ago, Lil Woody said:

That's all just fan hysteria. We have had horrible management since forever.  Don't blame the positions. Don't blame the schools they come from.  Blame the scouting.

Too bad about your history with folding chairs though. Not sure who you want to blame for that one....

I agree with you on it being a fan thing. Just been so long and so many times its hard to believe it will turn out any other way. I mean Im pretty sure we have more "draft blunders" videos on youtube than any other franchise. Though I do agree that tight end has changed over the last few years to becoming more and more important part off offenses. . Its my gigantic asses fault for the folding chair thing. Its ok though, we are seeking counseling.

26 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Our history of drafting USC Quarterbacks isn't stellar, either. The design of folding chairs and your gravitational force may be unchanged, but Darnold isn't Sanchez, and Howard isn't Kyle Brady.....

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

As opposed to our great success at taking RBs (Blair Thomas), LBers (Vernon Gholston), QBS (Sanchez), DBs (Milliner/Pryor)....

You have to ignore the history and take the BPA. If Howard/Fournette are around at 6, they are going to be BPA. The question is whether Macc will pull the trigger or go back to our decade long run of taking defense and ignoring the offense. 

Just another reason to think whatever they do will be the wrong thing. Its practically this franchises most identifying trait.

Just now, The Crusher said:

I agree with you on it being a fan thing. Just been so long and so many times its hard to believe it will turn out any other way. I mean Im pretty sure we have more "draft blunders" videos on youtube than any other franchise. Though I do agree that tight end has changed over the last few years to becoming more and more important part off offenses. . Its my gigantic asses fault for the folding chair thing. Its ok though, we are seeking counseling.

Seek counseling no more.

https://www.amazon.com/TravelChair-Kahuna-Oversized-Camp-Chair/dp/B005X5MT88

12 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

Watson/Nuk are similar players to one another.  Williams is not at all like them.  More like a better, shorter Martavis Bryant if we are trying to stay with the Clemson program. But I'd actually liken him to more of an strong jump ball guy like maybe a Brandon Marshall or Mike Evans but just a tic shorter.  If he can sharpen his routes and footwork he'd instantly be in the a discussion for top 10 NFL WR.  LOVE his catch radius and ability to get the contested throws. High points the ball effortlessly.

He would surely fill a need at #6... no doubt.  

Jets should have some promising options at #6 if only they don't blow it on a weak armed QB from Clemson

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

Our history of drafting USC Quarterbacks isn't stellar, either. The design of folding chairs and your gravitational force may be unchanged, but Darnold isn't Sanchez, and Howard isn't Kyle Brady.....

I was waiting for this. I knew it was coming. LOL

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

Mike Williams is what every non-Watson Clemson prospect is and has been - soft. Next Reggie Williams

John Ross or I guess Howard if they're dumb enough to pass on Watson for reasons. 

Watkins, Hopkins, Bryant - pretty good recent WR's. 

1 hour ago, Larz said:

I would legit take a year off from following this team if they pick Howard with fournette and hooker there

You would take a year off for the Jets finally making a good decision on draft day?  

That's weird. 

1 hour ago, Larz said:

I would legit take a year off from following this team if they pick Howard with fournette and hooker there

Hooker is no guarantee to be any better than Howard, in fact there are more question marks for him.  RB can be had later in the draft at ample talent level.  Fournette may be good but the hype is way overblown.  You can find comparable talent lower.  Howard is heads and shoulders above the others in his class.  ANd don't foget Mike Williams might be there as well.

5 hours ago, JiF said:

While drafting a TE at #6 is not ideal, OJ Howard might be the safest bet in this draft.  He's a ridiculous talent and I honestly be pretty excited to watch this guys career.  The more and more it looks like they're not going QB at #6, I'm find myself going back and forth between Howard and Williams. 

Howard and Williams, IMO, are going to be dominating stars in this league.  I hate Kiper but I could live with this pick.  Solves a need and it might honestly be BPA.

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Within 12 months you'll be walking into Jetlife Stadium with an OJ Howard jersey telling everyone how you always loved him at Bama. 

he played at bama ?  never noticed him tbh

10 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

As for this pick, I wouldn't mind it.

For the two safeties, I would take Adams over Hooker. It reminds me of the difference between Deion Jones and Darron Lee. Lee is the more talented player but more raw. I think Hooker fits that notion.

What about Jabril Peppers if we are going Safety? 

Archived