Just Saying Goodbye Properly - Geno Smith Is Worthless

SAR I

53 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Again a Ryan Fitzpatrick reference.

Put up a post that discusses Geno Smith's suckage without referencing another player.

SAR I

So tell me great one what kind of season do you think Ryan Fitzpatrick would have had with Clyde Gates and David Nelson as the #1 and #2 WR's. 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Do you really want to use salary to compare them?  Cause it that is how you rate them Geno will have to play until 2025 to earn as much as Fitzpatrick did in 2016.

Yes, I'd like to compare them with their current salaries. Go right ahead. 

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

He's on another team in the NFL which is more that can be said for Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

Why cant Jets fans just let it go. 

He's gone goodbye. 

you cant see the difference between a 35 year old Journeyman  and a 27 year old disaster ? Fitz played well enough at times to get some nice contracts Geno never played well and why you even bring Fitz into this conversation makes no sense

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

you cant see the difference between a 35 year old Journeyman  and a 27 year old disaster ? Fitz played well enough at times to get some nice contracts Geno never played well and why you even bring Fitz into this conversation makes no sense

Fitzpatrick screwed many teams over and delivered nothing only the dumb teams signed him and expected anything but suck from him.  

Well enough? Not making the playoffs sucks in my book. 

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

He's on another team in the NFL which is more that can be said for Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

Why cant Jets fans just let it go. 

He's gone goodbye. 

You are a piece of work, for geno it is he is gone let it go, but for fitz who has essentially been gone for months you bring up his name,

Make up your mind you moron.

1 hour ago, Kevin L said:

I, for one, am shocked that a backup QB coming off an ACL injury didn't get signed to a multi year, multimillion dollar contract.

Same here.  Especially since he was supposed to be the #1 overall pick in 2013.

SAR I

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

Aren't you the guy begging for us to take back Sh!tzpatrick, the only QB worse than Geno? 

Begging?  I never wanted the guy here to begin with. 

However, compared to Geno and McCown, sorry, Fitzpatrick is the lesser of the evils, Sanchez not far behind.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You are a piece of work, for geno it is he is gone let it go, but for fitz who has essentially been gone for months you bring up his name,

Make up your mind you moron.

Name calling LOL i know you got nothing else did you shave the Fitzpatrick beard and dump the jersey at the goodwill store or clothing bin. 

57 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Dunno, but I'd be pretty happy to make $775,000. I'm not sure if I've even made that in my life-time, and I'm like, 109 years old. 

If when you were 26 years of age the Lord God came down on a white cumulus cloud with a lute in one hand and a dove in the other and offered you $460,000 post-tax for 6 months worth of easy work so long as you understood you would not make a dime for the next 60 years of your life you'd be happy?

SAR I

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Name calling LOL i know you got nothing else did you shave the Fitzpatrick beard and dump the jersey at the goodwill store or clothing bin. 

Do you dispute what i just said?  You said geno is gone put it behind us and promptly brought up Fitzpatricks name in about 3 posts in a row.  You are indeed a moron, everyone knows it.  You will still be talking about Fitzpatrick half way though next season.  You are a nut case.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Do you dispute what i just said?  You said geno is gone put it behind us and promptly brought up Fitzpatricks name in about 3 posts in a row.  You are indeed a moron, everyone knows it.  You will still be talking about Fitzpatrick half way though next season.  You are a nut case.

LOL look in the mirror you will see the real moron.  Everyone LOL look at you the spokesman for the board I'm proud of you. LOL 

Geno Smith is gone bye bye why even bother starting a thread about him, because this is what the OP wanted. 

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

The McCown signing concurred with Geno's punting, so we didn't have a proper thread to kick his ass out the door.

I read this today, made me smile:

Geno Smith’s Giants Contract Shows How Much QB's Stock Has Plunged

NFL Players Association records show Smith’s base salary on his one-year contract at just $775,000. But more significantly, while Smith can earn up to $2 million on the deal, $800,000 of his potential earnings are tied up in playing incentives, per an ESPN report.

Still, having 50 percent of the contract tied up in a longshot incentive has to be tough to swallow for Smith. Nevertheless, the fact is it reflects his market value.

The stability and success of the Giants’ organization certainly influenced Smith’s decision to sign with Big Blue, as he explained in the team’s release on Monday. But it also seems he was grateful enough for the opportunity to accept a contract that looks too bare to be true.

SAR I

maybe they'll know some sense into the dear boy. where do the jets keep finding these guys?  geno almost makes jamarcus russell and ryan leaf all pros. well, maybe not that bad.  in truth geno is more like vince evans or a long line of guys who can throw the ball but just couldn't figure out how to win the game.

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Begging?  I never wanted the guy here to begin with. 

However, compared to Geno and McCown, sorry, Fitzpatrick is the lesser of the evils, Sanchez not far behind.

SAR I

I see you still miss Fitzpatrick. Those other 3 QBs you mentioned are still collecting paychecks in the NFL. 

15 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Fitzpatrick screwed many teams over and delivered nothing only the dumb teams signed him and expected anything but suck from him.  

Well enough? Not making the playoffs sucks in my book. 

you know, whether you want to believe it or not fitz was nearly .500 in his starts last season.  that more than can be said for geno or petty.  oh i know someone will say the jets won the game geno started except he got knocked out early.  and believe me, i am not that much of a geno hater.  i think he got a bad deal last season because of the way the fitz negotiations drug out and then he was knocked out of the only game he started after leading the team to a td. but how he got to where he was is all on him

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

you know, whether you want to believe it or not fitz was nearly .500 in his starts last season.  that more than can be said for geno or petty.  oh i know someone will say the jets won the game geno started except he got knocked out early.  and believe me, i am not that much of a geno hater.  i think he got a bad deal last season because of the way the fitz negotiations drug out and then he was knocked out of the only game he started after leading the team to a td. but how he got to where he was is all on him

In my book he made mistakes but was more the victim of circumstance  bad GM's and head coach's making decisions for the NY Jets. 

He's gone its over, who's the next guy the fans are gonna hate here. 

3 minutes ago, j4jets said:

I see you still miss Fitzpatrick. Those other 3 QBs you mentioned are still collecting paychecks in the NFL. 

at this point fitz is history.  he made quite a bit f money playing journeyman qb.  good for him.  and you have to admit, he helped put the jets on the front page in 2015.  so give him credit and let's move on.

Just now, rangerous said:

at this point fitz is history.  he made quite a bit f money playing journeyman qb.  good for him.  and you have to admit, he helped put the jets on the front page in 2015.  so give him credit and let's move on.

Revis,Goodson,Richardson,Winslow,Holmes,Vick,ASJ all helped put the Jets on the front page as well. 

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If when you were 26 years of age the Lord God came down on a white cumulus cloud with a lute in one hand and a dove in the other and offered you $460,000 post-tax for 6 months worth of easy work so long as you understood you would not make a dime for the next 60 years of your life you'd be happy?

SAR I

Silly comp. Geno had a decent first contract, has a contract for some decent cash from the Giants and should have a career as a backup with a few more contracts.

If his career plays out as a 10-12 year back up it wouldnt surprise anyone if he averaged a million per year.

Chump change for you of course ☺ but for common folks enough for a lifetime.

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

But did he really put the Jets on the front page? Did HE really put the jets? Wasn't he the one that cost us the playoffs? Last I remember, Jets didn't win a single game with him when the opponents scored more than 20 points in a game (well, except for the Jags). So much for him putting us on the front page!

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Sounds good on paper for 6 months work, but when you realize that in 2018 when he's out of the NFL that $800,000 ($480,000 after taxes) is going to have to last him 60 years. 

I feel bad for the guy.  Not only did he fall out of the first round, not only did he go 12-21, not only did he lose is starting job, but he read endless posts online about his "greatness" and how he was a "neglected talent".  He's got to be devastated right now.  He'll have to cancel his 2025 Ring Of Honor room reservations at the Meadowlands Hilton.

SAR I

LOL you don't think he'll make an NFL roster after next year? His career as a backup will depend on him maturing and playing the part, off field, more than any else. And even if it was his last year as a pro you think he can't find a decent job with a few million already in the bank, for the remainder of his life, and live comfortably? wtf

Just now, HessStation said:

LOL you don't think he'll make an NFL roster after next year? His career as a backup will depend on him maturing and playing the part, off field, more than any else. And even if it was his last year as a pro you think he can't find a decent job with a few million already in the bank, for the remainder of his life, and live comfortably? wtf

Kellen Clemens has made it in the league for like 12 years now. Great gig if you can get it.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Kellen Clemens has made it in the league for like 12 years now. Great gig if you can get it.

Yeah, Geno having starter experience plus the arm talent pretty much makes him a perfect NFL back up. I think teams are currently concerned about him mentally is the problem. If he shows he can mature and play the good soldier this one year he'll set himself up for the nice little career on the bench. 

Just now, HessStation said:

Yeah, Geno having starter experience plus the arm talent pretty much makes him a perfect NFL back up. I think teams are currently concerned about him mentally is the problem. If he shows he can mature and play the good soldier this one year he'll set himself up for the nice little career on the bench. 

Yeah that's the thing. He's a backup guy...he just needs the self awareness to realize that. He's in that 30-40 range of QB's, which will generally keep you around if you keep quiet.

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Mental issues caused by being on the NY Jets sounds like another NFL lawsuit in the making.

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

Sounds like Fitzy the Sh!tzy. 

@SAR I, you're probably the best thing that happened to Jetnation. Its stuff like this that gives us plenty to discuss. 

Another Myhero running to "Fitzpatrick" as to the answer of why Geno Smith sucks.

Hey!  Why is Geno on the bench?  FITZPATRICK!!!!
Hey!  Why didn't Geno pay Ikempapli $600?  FITZPATRICK!!!!
Hey!  Why didn't Hillary Clinton win the election?  FITZPATRICK!!!!

Geno sucks.  You were wrong.  Own it.

SAR I

Heres one to blow your mind, if Geno Smith hadn't been a WORTHLESS MORON, we never would have seen Fitzpatrick take a snap, throw a pick, grow a beard, or make a stupid decision. Geno Smith is such a worthless moron, he even somehow deserves blame for the Fitztragic error, on top of his own failure.

Now thats a level of sucking I havent seen in a long time.......a long time.....

kenobi.jpg

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Another Myhero running to "Fitzpatrick" as to the answer of why Geno Smith sucks.

Hey!  Why is Geno on the bench?  FITZPATRICK!!!!
Hey!  Why didn't Geno pay Ikempapli $600?  FITZPATRICK!!!!
Hey!  Why didn't Hillary Clinton win the election?  FITZPATRICK!!!!

Geno sucks.  You were wrong.  Own it.

SAR I

The most interesting drive of the entire 2016 season is when they finally brought Geno in and  then watching the difference is in his arm strength and zip on the ball vs Fitzpatrick's.  

Archived