With the 6th pick

6 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Mitchell don't call me Mitch will 1. Not be available at 6, and 2. Thank goodness for that because he has Mark Sanchez, Blake Bortles written all over him.

Omg..I see things havent changed a bit. Stop comparing players with other players. Fournette =. Brandon Jacobs and Trubisky = Jake Locker lol Thats so stupid.. They are themselves and will be judged by there own play.  I want an offensive player no doubt but if adams drops I can live with that.  Thing is...the jets are going to be really bad next year so It would be nore attractive to me watching my rookie rb tear it up or my rookie qb getting better each game.  

Btw for all the Gruden fans and his Qb camp crap.. watch the one he did with Hackenberg. He said and I quote.. This is a sure fire first round pick.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Favorite_Toon said:

Omg..I see things havent changed a bit. Stop comparing players with other players. Fournette =. Brandon Jacobs and Trubisky = Jake Locker lol Thats so stupid.. They are themselves and will be judged by there own play.  I want an offensive player no doubt but if adams drops I can libe with that.  Thing is...the jets are going to be really bad next year so It wiukd be nore attractive to me watching my rookie rb tear it up or my rookie qb getting better each game.  Byw for all the Gruden fans and his Qb camp crap.. watch the one he did with Hackenberg. He said and I quote.. This is a sure fire first round pick.

Whoever the Jets take at 6 overall has to start day 1 (unless injured), and if that player is Trubisky the Jets will go 1-15 at best believe me.  Now what do you do when the next Peyton Manning, and Andrew Luck NFL ready QB is starring you right in the face, pass on him because maybe Trubisky develops, MAYBE?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Whoever the Jets take at 6 overall has to start day 1 (unless injured), and if that player is Trubisky the Jets will go 1-15 at best believe me.  Now what do you do when the next Peyton Manning, and Andrew Luck NFL ready QB is starring you right in the face, pass on him because maybe Trubisky develops, MAYBE?

First answer for the other gentleman: Guden also loved russell wilson so who knows.

Now for you... who is the next peyton manning? Sam Darnold? Maybe.. and believe me if they go 1-15 and they have the first pick they will take darnold even with Trubisy there if they felt he was manning. Remember young jedi.. rookie contracts have changed.

1 minute ago, Favorite_Toon said:

First answer for the other gentleman: Guden also loved russell wilson so who knows.

Now for you... who is the next peyton manning? Sam Darnold? Maybe.. and believe me if they go 1-15 and they have the first pick they will take darnold even with Trubisy there if they felt he was manning. Remember young jedi.. rookie contracts have changed.

And another top 6 pick will have been wasted, and the roster will still be void of young difference maker type talent, when you can basically start Hack go 1-15, and possibly hit a home run with a Adams, or Hooker on defense, and still get Darnold.  How many picks does the GM get before getting fired?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

And another top 6 pick will have been wasted, and the roster will still be void of young difference maker type talent, when you can basically start Hack go 1-15, and possibly hit a home run with a Adams, or Hooker on defense, and still get Darnold.  How many picks does the GM get before getting fired?

He and the coach get this year and thats about it. Thats why I take fournette.once in a generation type player then have mcown drive us into the ground. And get darnold.

Why?

This boggles my mind. Why take a QB with the 6th pick in a largely acknowledged weak QB draft, when next year is one of the best crops in a while, and we are pretty much guaranteed to be picking back in the top 5 again. 

If you take Trubisky, you have to be SURE, he is a franchise QB. And not just taking him because Oh well, we need a QB, might as well. You are locking yourself up in that pick for the next 3 years, and taking yourself out of the running for a Darnold, Allen, Rosen, Rudolph,etc next year. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Favorite_Toon said:

He and the coach get this year and thats about it. Thats why I take fournette.once in a generation type player then have mcown drive us into the ground. And get darnold.

Well I disagree with you on Fournette, he is my 4th ranked RB behind Mixon, Cook, and McAff, and Kamara is close.  No need to waste a pick on a RB who forces your offense to run, run, pass, punt.  I'm sick of watching that offense, the league has changed the days of very big talented between the tackle RB's going top 10, heck even top 20 should be over.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Favorite_Toon said:

Btw for all the Gruden fans and his Qb camp crap.. watch the one he did with Hackenberg. He said and I quote.. This is a sure fire first round pick.

THAT'S WHY HE WAS A STEAL in the 2nd Round as a FQB and thus, WHAT IS EVERYONE BITCHING ABOUT?!?!?!

:D

• Upvote 1

My guess is they draft a TE. There isn't a TE in NFL history with a contract in excess of $10m/year, and only a handful of the best of the best make more than Brian Winters. So it totally makes sense to presume Jets will do just this. Then 3 of the last 4 Jets picks taken in round 1 are a safety, an ILB, and a TE.

Just do whatever we can to make sure as many of our 1st round picks as possible, even if they aren't total busts, still won't even be worth the cost of the 5th year team option because of the positions they play. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, ATX Jetsfan said:

Why?

This boggles my mind. Why take a QB with the 6th pick in a largely acknowledged weak QB draft, when next year is one of the best crops in a while, and we are pretty much guaranteed to be picking back in the top 5 again. 

If the GM thinks that his job is on the line THIS year, I  don't think he gives a crap about the QB class next year.  All he cares about is building the roster with players who can win games for him.  If he loves on of the QB's in this year's draft, you better believe that he's going to pick him.

36 minutes ago, prime21 said:

They Jets are so bad that they won't be bad enough to be in position for Sam Darnold next year.  We will win 2 more games than whoever is the worse team.   

Correct. I can't understand how some don't want to draft Trub this year (thinking we'll get Darnold next year). Getting a top 3 draft pick aint easy. You need to be more than just "bad". Need to be lucky too.

The idea that Mac is on the hot seat in a rebuild year is hilarious. This QB class SUCKS.  They are ALL 2nd round talents or worse. No.  You pass on them, draft top talent at 6. WR, OLB or Howard. If there was a LT worth including in this class I'd include that position as well.  No reaching for sh*tty QBs, no raw FS, no limited SS, no DTs, just impact players for the rebuild.

If we can come out of this draft with a WR, TE, OT, OC, OLB and CB I'm thrilled. RBs are around every year. Great class, but so what. It's a position we can buy off in FA until we get a QB, and an OL and a full compliment or WRs/TEs.  FS and SS can also wait.  Lets see what Middleton, Martin and Miles can do. Get another CB and put Burris, Skrine and a rookie out there and see what they can do.  Whats the worst that happens.....we lose games? LOL.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

29 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

The idea that Mac is on the hot seat in a rebuild year is hilarious. This QB class SUCKS.  They are ALL 2nd round talents or worse. No.  You pass on them, draft top talent at 6. WR, OLB or Howard. If there was a LT worth including in this class I'd include that position as well.  No reaching for sh*tty QBs, no raw FS, no limited SS, no DTs, just impact players for the rebuild.

If we can come out of this draft with a WR, TE, OT, OC, OLB and CB I'm thrilled. RBs are around every year. Great class, but so what. It's a position we can buy off in FA until we get a QB, and an OL and a full compliment or WRs/TEs.  FS and SS can also wait.  Lets see what Middleton, Martin and Miles can do. Get another CB and put Burris, Skrine and a rookie out there and see what they can do.  Whats the worst that happens.....we lose games? LOL.

Despite agreeing with you, I STILL hate your stupid-looking and annoying avatar. 

I know I am beating a dead horse here but Firstly, for everybody here on the board that thinks they can evaluate and pick college QBs for the NFl please look at the last 20 years of first round QB and how bad the majority are. So how do you message board experts claim to know what you are doing when fulltime professionals throughout the league can't pick a QB.

Secondly you cant make your 2018 draft pick in March of 2017. The kid might not even leave college for all you know! Could get injured, whatever.

If Macc believes one of the top QBs in this draft is THE GUY he should take him. Otherwise see what you have with Hack/Petty

• Upvote 2