Sign in to follow this  
Favorite_Toon

With the 6th pick

1 minute ago, jbeachboy said:

fournette is once in a lifetime type of player!!!!!!!

Maybe. I'm 100% not-convinced he is that.  This team has a great number of holes in need of repair and there is no need to invest a premium pick on the RB position now, while we can still wring out a losing year from Forte and Powell in 2017.  RB position is short-lived and easy to replace at a decent price on the FA market when needed.   Use #6 on a position more difficult to fill and a little more urgent for the team to fill as well.  We could use the extra pick obviously.  

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Maybe. I'm 100% not-convinced he is that.  This team has a great number of holes in need of repair and there is no need to invest a premium pick on the RB position now, while we can still wring out a losing year from Forte and Powell in 2017.  RB position is short-lived and easy to replace at a decent price on the FA market when needed.   Use #6 on a position more difficult to fill and a little more urgent for the team to fill as well.  We could use the extra pick obviously.  

fournette takes pressure off the quarterback, i wouldnt pass if he was there at 6, who do you want in draft then? forte has how many years left?

20 minutes ago, jbeachboy said:

fournette takes pressure off the quarterback, i wouldnt pass if he was there at 6, who do you want in draft then? forte has how many years left?

Any good RB takes pressure off the QB. And Fournette is not taking any pressure off on 3rd and long because he won't be in the game.  

I have to accept the fact that it is easier to get good RBs later in the draft than it is to get other key positions. So why use #6 on a commodity that is easier to get later?  Not a sound strategy, IMO.

Forte has this upcoming season and the Jets can cut him with only $1 million in dead money.  Or they might decide to squeeze 2 yrs out of him for his 3 million 2018 salary. That would be a mistake, IMO.

On 3/23/2017 at 4:04 PM, Lupz27 said:

Whoever the Jets take at 6 overall has to start day 1 (unless injured)

Why?  Because you say so?  Lol, no.

, and if that player is Trubisky the Jets will go 1-15 at best believe me.

If we drafted Trubisky, it's doubtful he would start, but if he did we'd still be better than a 1 win team.

Now what do you do when the next Peyton Manning, and Andrew Luck NFL ready QB is starring you right in the face, pass on him because maybe Trubisky develops, MAYBE?

Why pass?  If we somehow picked #1, and a legit QB is there, you take him.  Period.

10 hours ago, NYDreamer said:

So listen to this scenario.  I love listening to Jim Miller and Pat Kirwin on NFL Radio.  Every Friday until the actual Draft  they do their Mock Drafts and add in possible situations.  In this Mock today 3/24 Jim Miller throws this zinger.  With the 6th pick in the draft, The NY Jets select QB Deshawn Watson calling him the best gamer QB to come out.  Because Watson was available with the 6th pick, the Jets got a call from the Texans who trade a 3rd round pick for Hackenberg giving the Jets three third round picks.

Just thought it was a different  way of thinking that none of us brought up (It is though provoking). 

I like Miller and Kirwin, but I listened to them doing one of those mocks last season and it was beyond silly.  There seemed to be at least a dozen trades in the first round.  Couldn't take it seriously.

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

I like Miller and Kirwin, but I listened to them doing one of those mocks last season and it was beyond silly.  There seemed to be at least a dozen trades in the first round.  Couldn't take it seriously.

12 is a lot of trades, but I can see a bunch.   

I think teams are paying coy. Those that like the QBs will trade up for them 

10 hours ago, Tinstar said:

No

I'm with you Tinstar as we have agreed on building around the young QB's we have.  Just love this time of year with all of the rumors and thoughts that go into draft time.

24 minutes ago, NYDreamer said:

I'm with you Tinstar as we have agreed on building around the young QB's we have.  Just love this time of year with all of the rumors and thoughts that go into draft time.

As I stated in a prior post, it would be the absolute worst problem in the world if 3 of the 53 players on our Roster were QBs  Christian Hackenberg (23 years old ) Mitchell Trubisky ( 24 years old ) And Sam Darnold ( 22 years old) .  Dear Lord, what a problem, what ever would they do ? 

It would appear that this draft could yield a starting S (if not 2), CB and TE in rounds 2 and 3.  

Currently, who is our secondary in 2018 when we want to compete?  Jeff Burris?

I would get picks for Pryor and SR.  This team needs bodies.  

seems like the years pass, either jets MB posters are getting increasing clueless good prospects, or I'm getting beyond picky. Jets taking Trubisky is the equivalent of an abuse victim calling her attacker up next friday... "whatcha doing...."

fournette is once in a lifetime type of player!!!!!!!

In my lifetime i have seen Walter payton, Barry Sanders, Bo Jackson, Herschel Walker, Eric Dickerson and Adrian Peterson

I hope you are being sarcastic

9 minutes ago, Larz said:

In my lifetime i have seen Walter payton, Barry Sanders, Bo Jackson, Herschel Walker, Eric Dickerson and Adrian Peterson

When was the last time the Jets had a game changing RB? 

9 minutes ago, Larz said:

Have to agree. Maybe it's selective memory but I can not recall any of those players not showing up in big games during their college career. Can not say the same of Fournette.

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

When was the last time the Jets had a game changing RB? 

In my opinion Fournette is not in that category. He had numerous no shows in his college career.

anyone of those three above please! 

Malik Hooker scares me... lot of hype, not much experience at the position, might be too much of a finesse guy

Fournette / D Cook tempting but feels early at 6 in such a loaded RB class... much better to wait for a Brian Hill in the 3rd/4th (Mixon??? 2nd/3rd) 

please please no Deshaun Watson or Deshone Kizer. Deshaun good kid nice athlete but man so inaccurate. Kizer bleh even worse. 

Trubisky, seems like he could be a player. not much experience hurts but he looks natural back there, spins the ball nicely too. 

or a nice little trade down could be in play.............

On 3/23/2017 at 4:54 PM, ChuckkieB said:

If the GM thinks that his job is on the line THIS year, I  don't think he gives a crap about the QB class next year.  All he cares about is building the roster with players who can win games for him.  If he loves on of the QB's in this year's draft, you better believe that he's going to pick him.

Can we please stop with this nonsense. The Jets are in total rebuild mode - the GM is NOT in jeopardy of losing his job. They will have at least a couple years to show they are going in the right direction - thinking they have to do well this year with this team if just not true.

10 hours ago, Larz said:

fournette deserves to be in that list, he is that good. im not joking, fournette is real deal, he will be right up there with ezekiel elliott next year or better.

6 minutes ago, jbeachboy said:

fournette deserves to be in that list, he is that good. im not joking, fournette is real deal, he will be right up there with ezekiel elliott next year or better.

Call it the Dee Millner syndrome but Fournette scares me players with health issues have not been very successful when drafted 

On March 24, 2017 at 8:01 PM, Dupe said:

Enunwa is an awsome blocker, I read that Howard is also.  Thats not why I like the pick but having recievers that can destroy tacklers is a "hidden" asset that helps you win games. 

Howard blocked the sh*t out of Jamal Adams who everyone wants at 6

He also held his own blocking Myles Garrett

2 hours ago, jbeachboy said:

They were saying same thing about Gurley two years ago

6 minutes ago, thadude said:

They were saying same thing about Gurley two years ago

We have no QB and a lousy OL. By all means let's draft the position that's not only the cheapest on offense or defense, but the one that also typically has the shortest career and highest incidence of injury.

I'd like anyone to remind me of the last time an NFL team - sans OL and QB, and with a bad defense, at the time - drafted a RB this early and then successfully built a SB champion team around him.