Joe Mixon

varjet

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joe Mixon should be a solid Pro RB and despite his past transgressions, he has paid for it probably in MORE WAYS than most of us here know. The Man has now apologized for the reaction of a Boy back then. To forever condemn a young man for an impulsive reaction AFTER SO MUCH time has now passed and no further incidents have occurred since, merely suggests that those who are so judgmental to the extent of excommunicating him as a potential Jets player are just PC-facist @ssholes who perch on their high crowns intoxicated off the fumes of their own self-righteousness.

2 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Joe Mixon should be a solid Pro RB and despite his past transgressions, he has paid for it probably in MORE WAYS than most of us here know. The Man has now apologized for the reaction of a Boy back then. To forever condemn a young man for an impulsive reaction AFTER SO MUCH time has now passed and no further incidents have occurred since, merely suggests that those who are so judgmental to the extent of excommunicating him as a potential Jets player are just PC-facist @ssholes who perch on their high crowns intoxicated off the fumes of their own self-righteousness.

Not PC at all. A man generally cannot win when he strikes a woman like that. Yes, it was a mistake and he has apologized for it. Yes, he has paid some dues. Still not a player I would consider

9 hours ago, Lil Woody said:

The fact that our young men and women are completely unprepared for real life doesn't give them a free pass. We keep protecting them and apologizing for them and with all the helicopter parenting that has gone on, we have failed them and made them incredibly weak.

When you can easily overpower your attacker...you only need to stop the attack. Here is the video.

This wasn't some 300lb beast woman.  She got in his face, slapped his chest like a child and he tries to scare her with a head fake, then when that fails, he just lays her out. It can't be justified away. He's a coward and a piece of sh*t.

she went for his face and neck before he punched her.  she was clearly the instigator although the lack of audio doesn't help either person. he should have continued to walk away.  

9 hours ago, Lil Woody said:

You beat a woman, you are a piece of sh*t. It's just that simple.

Has someone beaten you before??  He does this at 25 it's a different story.  The kid was 18 years old and it's the ONLY negative thing he's done.  It's not like he walked into the place approached the girl and knocked her out.  She actually attacked him physically first.  Does that give him the right to hit her ABSOLUTELY not, but I for one am not going to judge this kid this guy this adult whatever you want to call him on one bad judgement call.  To me that doesn't define who he is as a man.  What he does after this incident will define him.  

Bottom line is that he's not getting out of the 2nd round and I personally would be quite happy if the Jets took him with their 2nd round pick.  He's an elite talent that will help this team and that's all that matters

8 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Just what are you implying?  This from the ignoramus who starts a thread about what would Jet Fans reactions be to having a QB of a certain religious affiliation? Sorry but after that gem you don't have a leg to stand on. That's why I don't give a rats ass what you have to say. MOMZER.

FINALLY!!

8 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Just what are you implying?  This from the ignoramus who starts a thread about what would Jet Fans reactions be to having a QB of a certain religious affiliation? Sorry but after that gem you don't have a leg to stand on. That's why I don't give a rats ass what you have to say. MOMZER.

I swear you guys don't have basic reading comprehension down.  And the name calling is your first reaction. Read it again. Slowly. Actually go read both threads slowly and try to understand what is said before you jump up and look for a reason to get offended. I was IMPLYING that once you make a statement, in bold letters or all caps, then you should stop there and not continue to erode that statement with further "clarifications" that contradict it.

I'll try to stop using buzz words that get you guys running to your safe spaces. Jesus effin Christ.

35 minutes ago, rangerous said:

she went for his face and neck before he punched her.  she was clearly the instigator although the lack of audio doesn't help either person. he should have continued to walk away.  

I teach my son to never lay a violent hand on a woman because it just isn't the right thing to do and it is socially unacceptable ( Now with the transgender conundrum who knows if this is right or not). The guy made a mistake, he paid his dues for it. What happened to rehabilitation in this country? If he never faced any punishment for this I could see the disdain for wanting to ruin this guys career but he has paid his debt to society and since this incident has kept his nose clean. He should be a beast in the pro's, would be happy if we drafted him in the 2nd round.

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is not domestic violence.  Its a fight between 2 people in a public place.

I'm actually pretty clear on what it is.  Thank you for clarifying though it's appreciated.  I would think if she's anti domestic violence to the tune of being the head of an anti domestic violence group that it could potential cause her to not like Joe Mixon so much.  Maybe.    

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is not domestic violence.  Its a fight between 2 people in a public place.

I'm wondering if he would have hit her if she didn't slap him in the face in a public place . I can't say for certain if I wouldn't have responded exactly the same way .

18 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

Has someone beaten you before??  He does this at 25 it's a different story.  The kid was 18 years old and it's the ONLY negative thing he's done.  It's not like he walked into the place approached the girl and knocked her out.  She actually attacked him physically first.  Does that give him the right to hit her ABSOLUTELY not, but I for one am not going to judge this kid this guy this adult whatever you want to call him on one bad judgement call.  To me that doesn't define who he is as a man.  What he does after this incident will define him.  

Bottom line is that he's not getting out of the 2nd round and I personally would be quite happy if the Jets took him with their 2nd round pick.  He's an elite talent that will help this team and that's all that matters

Of course, someone has beaten me before. Who hasn't ever lost a fight? Floyd Mayweather? What does this have to do with not attacking women?

Beating a woman is not a bad judgement call. And I don't care if it's the 1830's. You don't hit women.  And anyone who says she provoked him, and she put her hands on him first as a justification for knocking her out cold is hopefully either being contradictory for the sake of argument.or doesn't understand the basic premise that men are physically stronger than women and need to adjust their reactions accordingly. You don't punch a child in the face if they punch you, you grab their hands and explain that they need to stop. It's called an appropriate response. You can apply the same approach to women. Take an appropriate response.

I swear if the Son of Sam could play football at a high level people would say he's paid his dues and should be given a 2nd chance too.

Now cue up the next post claiming that I called Joe Mixon the same as the Son of Sam.

1 minute ago, Lil Woody said:

I swear you guys don't have basic reading comprehension down.  And the name calling is your first reaction. Read it again. Slowly. Actually go read both threads slowly and try to understand what is said before you jump up and look for a reason to get offended. I was IMPLYING that once you make a statement, in bold letters or all caps, then you should stop there and not continue to erode that statement with further "clarifications" that contradict it.

I'll try to stop using buzz words that get you guys running to your safe spaces. Jesus effin Christ.

You are totally clueless my friend. You made a post that some found offensive. You apologized for it right? You were given a pass for it right? I mean you weren't banned or anything. I don't know what went on behind the scene's but you are still posting here so you got a pass. You were forgiven. Now this is strictly hypothetical and I am in no way threatening you or trying to mess with you but expanding on a point. What if someone did a screen shot of that and posted it on Facebook or Twitter? In this PC driven world that could have went viral. It could have caused you a lot of hassle and heartbreak. Hell it could have seriously messed with your life right? Luckily it didn't but it could have been a sticky situation for you. You apologized and were forgiven. Yet you refuse to give the same consideration to Mixon. Before you say its not the thing to some it could have been considered the same or worse. That's all it takes my friend. You railed about Mixon and called him a criminal piece of $hit. Yet you were given a pass not 24 hrs before for what some overly sensitive person could have considered a hate crime and in this PC sensitive world a lot of people probably would agree. You see the double standard here right? That's why you have no leg to stand on sir. Mixon is due the same courtesy that was extended to you. Yet you deny him this. What does that make you?

Just now, JetFaninMI said:

You are totally clueless my friend. You made a post that some found offensive. You apologized for it right? You were given a pass for it right? I mean you weren't banned or anything. I don't know what went on behind the scene's but you are still posting here so you got a pass. You were forgiven. Now this is strictly hypothetical and I am in no way threatening you or trying to mess with you but expanding on a point. What if someone did a screen shot of that and posted it on Facebook or Twitter? In this PC driven world that could have went viral. It could have caused you a lot of hassle and heartbreak. Hell it could have seriously messed with your life right? Luckily it didn't but it could have been a sticky situation for you. You apologized and were forgiven. Yet you refuse to give the same consideration to Mixon. Before you say its not the thing to some it could have been considered the same or worse. That's all it takes my friend. You railed about Mixon and called him a criminal piece of $hit. Yet you were given a pass not 24 hrs before for what some overly sensitive person could have considered a hate crime and in this PC sensitive world a lot of people probably would agree. You see the double standard here right? That's why you have no leg to stand on sir. Mixon is due the same courtesy that was extended to you. Yet you deny him this. What does that make you?

I never apologized for my post, I just acknowledged that some people clearly took offense. I invited anyone who did  to speak with me about it so we could clear things up and people can ask me whatever they wanted. Some did and we had a very civil conversation to get to understand one another. There is no "behind the scenes", beyond that.  I'm a guy that likes to be completely straight with people. Ask me a question and I'll tell you exactly what I think. I'd suggest you go back and read what was actually said and try not to insert your own assumptions into it, then see if you don't come away with a different overall tone. LOL. Did you just try to throw out the term hate crime? You want to rake me over the coals because you can't understand what I was asking people about, fine. Or put me on ignore. I don't care either way. You want to defend a scumbag who hits women, fine, have at it. It only makes you look bad. But calling a double standard, an implicit comparison between my question and his actions? There is the cluelessness right there,

7 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

I never apologized for my post, I just acknowledged that some people clearly took offense. I invited anyone who did  to speak with me about it so we could clear things up and people can ask me whatever they wanted. Some did and we had a very civil conversation to get to understand one another. There is no "behind the scenes", beyond that.  I'm a guy that likes to be completely straight with people. Ask me a question and I'll tell you exactly what I think. I'd suggest you go back and read what was actually said and try not to insert your own assumptions into it, then see if you don't come away with a different overall tone. LOL. Did you just try to throw out the term hate crime? You want to rake me over the coals because you can't understand what I was asking people about, fine. Or put me on ignore. I don't care either way. You want to defend a scumbag who hits women, fine, have at it. It only makes you look bad. But calling a double standard, an implicit comparison between my question and his actions? There is the cluelessness right there,

Your right you didn't apologize. So you justified it by saying you meant no harm or malice. Yet it was offensive to some and you blew it off by saying you meant no harm.You then say in the above post to ignore you if I don't like what you say. That's basically saying you don't like it too bad.So just to be clear you never apologized just tried to justify it by saying you didn't mean any harm. You still can't see anything beyond your own words or how they effect others. Talk about clueless.

I gave you a hypothetical situation. I have never defended Mixon or condoned what he did yet you accuse me of doing so. Way to turn it around but it ain't working sunshine. You are the last one to be railing on this subject especially with what you have shown yourself to be. So the name fits. MOMZER.

12 hours ago, ATX Jetsfan said:

Don't want him on the Jets. I'm curious to see how the league handles it. I thought for sure Ray Rice would get a shot and never did. But plenty others have been given second and third chances. 

I'm guessing teams will shy away from him because of the video being out there. 

Ray Rice was shot even before his video was released. Nixon will go around he middle of 2nd round. He's a mid to late 1st round talent who will slide about 20-30 spots due to his off the field issues. I would take him in the 3rd if he somehow lasts that long. He'd have to do great in interviews for someone to take in early in round two. He's pretty arrogant from what I've read. 

20 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Your right you didn't apologize. So you justified it by saying you meant no harm or malice. Yet it was offensive to some and you blew it off by saying you meant no harm.You then say in the above post to ignore you if I don't like what you say. That's basically saying you don't like it too bad.So just to be clear you never apologized just tried to justify it by saying you didn't mean any harm. You still can't see anything beyond your own words or how they effect others. Talk about clueless.

I gave you a hypothetical situation. I have never defended Mixon or condoned what he did yet you accuse me of doing so. Way to turn it around but it ain't working sunshine. You are the last one to be railing on this subject especially with what you have shown yourself to be. So the name fits. MOMZER.

I'm sorry that you let my words effect you so harshly. I didn't realize how fragile you were.

15 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

I'm sorry that you let my words effect you so harshly. I didn't realize how fragile you were.

LOL. Still utterly clueless. You can't see the forest for the trees. You are the last person to be passing judgement on anyone as evidenced by your own thought process. That is the point here but you are too clueless to see it. I'm done holding your hand and explaining life to you. Its a wonder you've survived this long. Plow on my clueless friend head down and self righteous to a fault. Good Luck your gonna need it.

I never have hit a woman in my life. God knows I've wanted to at times, but I have always restrained myself. However, if a woman hits me then all bets are off. I am not going to do a tap dance while being attacked. I will defend myself and I believe I have a right to. That said, Mixon's response was way beyond what was called for. I am on the fence about him being on my team.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Always surprises me how many super-tough grown men implicitly admit to being terrified of getting beat up by a woman in these threads. 

"It's never ok for a man to hit a woman, period. I will now list the circumstances under which it is ok for a man to hit a woman."

I think we can all agree that if a person goes through the judicial process and if finished thay should be allowed to continue their work careers.  Now a team can decide in the riskvs. reward analyisis. Somebody will take a chance on him as you never know how they may mature. The Jets took a risk on on Coles after his issues at FSU and how did that work out?

NFL Draft 2017: Former NFL personnel executive has strong feelings about Joe Mixon

Allstate Sugar Bowl - Auburn v Oklahoma
NEW ORLEANS, LA - JANUARY 02: Joe Mixon #25 of the Oklahoma Sooners reacts after scoring a touchdown against the Auburn Tigers during the Allstate Sugar Bowl at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome on January 2, 2017 in New Orleans, Louisiana. (Photo by Sean Gardner/Getty Images) (Sean Gardner)

By Matt Lombardo | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com 
Follow on Twitter

Few prospects in next month's NFL Draft are as polarizing as Oklahoma running back Joe Mixon

After rushing for 1,274 yards and 10 touchdowns while averaging 6.8 yards per carry last season, some analysts and scouts have pegged Mixon as a first-round talent and one of the top-four running backs in this year's draft class. 

However, Mixon was seen on video camera punching a woman, and that incident has sparked significant concerns about the 6-foot-1, 226 pound running back who was barred by the NFL from participating at the Scouting Combine in Indianapolis. 

"If I'm a football team," ESPN NFL insider and former Eagles personnel executive Louis Riddick said of Mixon Thursday on 97.5 The Fanatic. "I'm staying away. At some point, you've got to draw the line with something, somewhere, as far as how you want your football team to be built and how you want it to be represented and how you want it to be identified. 

"Ultimately, that's an ownership driven decision and I get that. [Eagles owner] Jeffrey Lurie and every other owner will decide whether or not they want Joe Mixon on their football team. Look, I'm a guy who has daughters and I'm a guy who has sisters. Let's put it that way. You can say all you want that Joe Mixon deserves a second chance and he probably does. 

"I just wouldn't provide him a second chance if it were my football team, simply because the guy has value for me and he can help me win football games. You have to eventually draw the line on something. If you don't draw the line on something, you'll draw the line on nothing."

Because of Mixon's on-field production and impressive film, some teams could find themselves tipping the scale in favor of drafting him, while Riddick says he puts much more weight on the infamous tape of the alleged domestic violence incident. 

"He's a hell of a talent," Riddick said. "And that's why right now it's kind of like; 'Yeah, well, he was young and he learned his lesson, but damn ... Did you see how fast he is? Did you see how big he is? Do you see that he's such a three-down guy?' You can see how quickly the conversation has turned on that? How quickly it's turned? 

"Right now, the further we get away from the season, the further we get away from what happened [involving Mixon and a woman], the more people will make excuses and/or justify it and go 'look at the end of the day is trying to win football games.' I know that the NFL is a bottom line business, but I know I couldn't do it.:rolleyes:

One team that has been linked to Mixon ahead of the NFL Draft is Riddick's former employer, the Eagles. 

Eagles executive Vice President of football operations Howie Roseman said last week that the team sent personnel to Norman for Oklahoma's Pro Day and historically has not been averse to either drafting or signing players that have off the field concerns or issues. Whether it is signing Michael Vick (conviction and prison time for dog-fighting) or drafting the likes of Jalen Mills (domestic violence arrest in college) and Alex McCalister (dismissed from University of Florida football program for violation of team rules), the Eagles seemingly have a thorough vetting process in place when it comes to prospects such as Mixon. 

"I think the first thing is not to rush to judgement,Roseman said of the Eagles' evaluation process in such cases. "To make sure that we get all the information. That we acquire the information. [Eagles vice president of team security] Dom (DiSandro), is unbelievable at doing that and getting background and digging into guys so we can make sure that maybe what is out there is or isn't the truth. 

"Then we sit down with Dom, as a staff, he comes to us and tells us, 'Hey, here's what's really going on. Here's what happened. Here's what's happened in the incident,' and then making the call whether they're on our draft board or not." 

Roseman's assessment seems to be indicative of how some across the league view Mixon as a prospect. 

At least one NFL scout says that he would put more trust in Mixon than he would Florida State running back Dalvin Cook, when it comes to the pair of running backs respective off-the-field concerns. 

"The pattern of bad decisions are alarming, really," a NFL scout told Bleacher Report's Matt Miller. "With my job on the line, I trust [Joe] Mixon a lot more than Dalvin Cook."

Ultimately, how scouts and executives across the NFL view Mixon will not truly be known until NFL Draft weekend. 

Joe mixon will get drafted. He is starting his career Ray rice didn't get a 2nd chance because he Was at end of career....period...joe mixon did something no man should ever do...period...but mr nixon is not dating my daughter he will be running the ball for the team I root for...period...available in 2nd rd. Take him...period...

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived