Sanchez?

varjet

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

That Buffalo game becomes meaningless and we can rest all our starters for the wildcard game if Geno Smith did his job and beat the 7-9 Oakland Raiders instead of letting them blow him up and blow us out.

Fact.

SAR I

The facts are the starting QB on any given Sunday is credited with the win or the loss.

So Geno was 0 and 0.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

And the most pointless fact ever.  No one is stupid enough to attempt to blame Geno for the season fail.

Especially when you forget that Geno did not go 0-1, raider game is on Fitz

Ryan Fitzpatrick played for 3 minutes and 19 seconds (managing to go 4 for 45 for 46 yards in the process by the way).

Yeah,  he lost the Raiders game by getting hurt and trusting our backup (who was our starter a few weeks prior) to play decently with a record-setting offense for the last 56 minutes and 41 seconds. 

SAR I

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

That Buffalo game becomes meaningless and we can rest all our starters for the wildcard game if Geno Smith did his job and beat the 7-9 Oakland Raiders instead of letting them blow him up and blow us out.

Fact.

SAR I

since it was meaningful game, don't you think your great starting qb who threw 31 td passes could have saved a couple for the last game.  give up trying to re-write history

to fit your agenda.  by the way, how many of the 19 missed tackles that the defense had did geno miss.  

37 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick played for 3 minutes and 19 seconds (managing to go 4 for 45 for 46 yards in the process by the way).

Yeah,  he lost the Raiders game by getting hurt and trusting our backup (who was our starter a few weeks prior) to play decently with a record-setting offense for the last 56 minutes and 41 seconds. 

SAR I

the other part of this is the jets thought it better to start fitz in subsequent weeks with his left hand being held together with a glove than start geno.  that's telling.  for whatever reason they had absolutely zero confidence in geno's ability to win game.

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick went 10-5 in 2015.

Geno Smith went 0-1 in 2015.

If Geno Smith goes 1-0 the Jets make the playoffs in 2015.

Those are facts.

SAR I

Are you guys still debating this?

Both Fitz and Geno are bad NFL Qb's.  The disparity between either player is not significant they both suck.  They were the crap version of Simms and Hostetler

5 hours ago, August said:

That's why you can't take Sar I serious. He's not consistent. Sar I mostly blames the defense and special teams for our problems in 2016, and how if the defense and special teams stepped up we would've been 8-8. Yet the defense and special teams was completely garbage in that Raider game but that game isn't on them that game is on Geno according to him. 

Cromartie getting burned maybe 7 different times that game by Crabtree had something to do with the outcome

I think

36 minutes ago, thadude said:

Cromartie getting burned maybe 7 different times that game by Crabtree had something to do with the outcome

I think

Missed tackles and guys playing like they didn't care. That game was a sneak peek of what the 2016 season would look like. 

18 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Who gives shlt.  The loss is on Fitz, the way W&Ls are calculated.  No matter how many times you tell us it's not right.  It's the way it is, grow up, suck it up.  

That you think Geno should have won his one game and are ok with letting Fitz lose 6 games says you're trolling.  When will you grow up?  

34 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Who gives shlt.  The loss is on Fitz, the way W&Ls are calculated.  No matter how many times you tell us it's not right.  It's the way it is, grow up, suck it up.  

That you think Geno should have won his one game and are ok with letting Fitz lose 6 games says you're trolling.  When will you grow up?  

Semantics?  Really?  Come on now.  What's next?  Spelling errors?

Geno Smith played 57 minutes of a 60 minute game and yet you think he shouldn't be judged for the Jets being down 28-6 in the early third quarter after punt, punt, interception, failure to move the team, failure to show leadership, failure to be prepared to play?

Ryan Fitzpatrick went 10-5.  Geno Smith went 0-1.  If Geno Smith beats the Raiders, as he should have, the Jets make the playoffs in Week 16 and can rest everyone in Week 17.  Geno Smith had one job-  play well as an emergency backup.  He failed miserably.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Geno Smith played 57 minutes of a 60 minute game and yet you think he shouldn't be judged for the Jets being down 28-6 in the early third quarter after punt, punt, interception, failure to move the team, failure to show leadership, failure to be prepared to play?

Ryan Fitzpatrick went 10-5.  Geno Smith went 0-1.  If Geno Smith beats the Raiders, as he should have, the Jets make the playoffs in Week 16 and can rest everyone in Week 17.  Geno Smith had one job-  play well as an emergency backup.  He failed miserably.

SAR I

Geno has nothing to do with any of this.  The idea of blaming the season on a QB who filled in for Fitz one game while refusing to put the same blame on Fitz for the rest of the season is dumb.  

He had one job?  What job was Fitz?  To hand off tyenseason to Geno and make the playoffs for him?  

As if you would then admit that the Jets made the playoffs because Geno won in Oakland?  Sure.  The only miserable failure is you trying to sell this fantasy story. 

Nobody is buying this shlt, move on already

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Geno has nothing to do with any of this.  The idea of blaming the season on a QB who filled in for Fitz one game while refusing to put the same blame on Fitz for the rest of the season is dumb.  

He had one job?  What job was Fitz?  To hand off tyenseason to Geno and make the playoffs for him?  

As if you would then admit that the Jets made the playoffs because Geno won in Oakland?  Sure.  The only miserable failure is you trying to sell this fantasy story. 

Nobody is buying this shlt, move on already

Football is a team sport.  Ryan Fitzpatrick played exceptionally well for a journeyman quarterback on his 7th team in 11 years guiding the Jets to a 10-5 record.  Geno Smith played poorly for a young quarterback on his only team who had one simple job and one huge chip on his shoulder-  if you think you should be the starter then play like the starter when called upon.

To say that you're disappointed in Ryan Fitzpatrick's 10-5 record is ludicrous, no one on Earth thought he was capable of that on this type of Idzik rebuilding team.  You can't blame a guy who was supposed to carry a clipboard and instead put up record-setting numbers and a playoff-caliber performance for not putting up an 11-4 record.  Ridiculous.

But Ryan Fitzpatrick needed a little help.  He went out hurt for a game and needed someone to carry the load for him the way he was carrying the load for us and Geno Smith failed to do it.  You can't blame a journeyman scrub for going 10-5 but you can blame a young starter who lost his job briefly for not playing like a pro when called upon and going 0-1.

SAR I

30 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Football is a team sport.  Ryan Fitzpatrick played exceptionally well for a journeyman quarterback on his 7th team in 11 years guiding the Jets to a 10-5 record.  Geno Smith played poorly for a young quarterback on his only team who had one simple job and one huge chip on his shoulder-  if you think you should be the starter then play like the starter when called upon.

To say that you're disappointed in Ryan Fitzpatrick's 10-5 record is ludicrous, no one on Earth thought he was capable of that on this type of Idzik rebuilding team.  You can't blame a guy who was supposed to carry a clipboard and instead put up record-setting numbers and a playoff-caliber performance for not putting up an 11-4 record.  Ridiculous.

But Ryan Fitzpatrick needed a little help.  He went out hurt for a game and needed someone to carry the load for him the way he was carrying the load for us and Geno Smith failed to do it.  You can't blame a journeyman scrub for going 10-5 but you can blame a young starter who lost his job briefly for not playing like a pro when called upon and going 0-1.

SAR I

I agree with your Ryan Fitzpatrick summary.  However, the Raider loss was much deeper than Geno, the whole team was awful especially the defense. 

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Only a total fool would try and sell others that Fitz played exceptionally well all season.  1st Pats game, Philly, Washington and both Bills games were embarrassing.  Please save yourself 

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Man, I have been on this site for about a week and already know who the biggest troll in town is.

The Oakland loss WAS on Fitz and its BECAUSE he only played 3 minutes. Good quarterbacks know how to protect themselves when scrambling, but this jacka$$ decided to not slide after the first down with plenty of room to spare. I clearly remembering yelling at my TV for him to go down. 

The team prepared all week for Fitz to play 60 minutes. He let them down. Not only did he miss this entire game, he was injured for the next few weeks (going 1-2, with the win against the lowly Jags at home by less than a TD). 

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Only a total fool would try and sell others that Fitz played exceptionally well all season.  1st Pats game, Philly, Washington and both Bills games were embarrassing.  Please save yourself 

We were talking about the 2015 season so I'm not sure how this became about last season.

What was that about fool again?

SAR I

5 hours ago, mtwarlock31 said:

Man, I have been on this site for about a week and already know who the biggest troll in town is.

The Oakland loss WAS on Fitz and its BECAUSE he only played 3 minutes. Good quarterbacks know how to protect themselves when scrambling, but this jacka$$ decided to not slide after the first down with plenty of room to spare. I clearly remembering yelling at my TV for him to go down. 

The team prepared all week for Fitz to play 60 minutes. He let them down. Not only did he miss this entire game, he was injured for the next few weeks (going 1-2, with the win against the lowly Jags at home by less than a TD).

Ah, so the entire 2015 and 2016 Ryan Fitzpatrick debacles are on Geno Smith BECAUSE he welshed on a promise, didn't give back $600, and got his jaw busted open leading to our backup journeyman costing us $15M and a losing record.  Good leaders know how to protect themselves by making good on commitments to teammates but this jacka$$ decided to toy with a defensive end.  I clearly remember yelling at Twitter for him to pay up.

We good now, newb?

SAR I

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Ah, so the entire 2015 and 2016 Ryan Fitzpatrick debacles are on Geno Smith BECAUSE he welshed on a promise, didn't give back $600, and got his jaw busted open leading to our backup journeyman costing us $15M and a losing record.  Good leaders know how to protect themselves by making good on commitments to teammates but this jacka$$ decided to toy with a defensive end.  I clearly remember yelling at Twitter for him to pay up.

We good now, newb?

SAR I

I think Geno is trash, but your argument for scapegoating him for the 2015 season is pretty shallow. Do you really think he would have went 10-5 in those other starts? If not, sounds like not ponying up $600 bucks was the best thing that could have happened to the Jets. Fitz could have won either the Buffalo or Houston games if it wasn't for his limited ability due to his injured hand which were accompanied by passer ratings in the 50s. And if you are going to blame the defense for getting burned in those games, you for sure have to blame the defense in that Oakland game (or even week 17 where they couldn't stop a nose bleed).

I can't stand Geno, and think putting him back in the lineup last year and not pulling Fitz earlier enough in the season was a huge mistake. Now we go into 2017 with still plenty of unknowns about Petty. I would rather the have known what we have with Petty last season and cut our losses in the offseason if he performed the way he did for half a season. Once again, we are stuck with 2 young QBs on a roster, both of which have very very little potential to be top 15-20 QB in the league and need to fill the other spot with a vet.

So no, not good old man.

5 hours ago, mtwarlock31 said:

I think Geno is trash, but your argument for scapegoating him for the 2015 season is pretty shallow. Do you really think he would have went 10-5 in those other starts? If not, sounds like not ponying up $600 bucks was the best thing that could have happened to the Jets.

So no, not good old man.

So Geno was great for the Jets because he got hurt but completely excused for blowing the Oakland game and our 11th win because he was replaced by a 10 win quarterback when he himself was only a 6 win quarterback.  And in all of this, Geno is a hero for failing to meet expectations and Fitzpatrick is a goat for exceeding them.

Does this type of genius argument work for you in the junior high cafeteria?  Doesn't fly here, son.

SAR I

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

So Geno was great for the Jets because he got hurt but completely excused for blowing the Oakland game and our 11th win because he was replaced by a 10 win quarterback when he himself was only a 6 win quarterback.  And in all of this, Geno is a hero for failing to meet expectations and Fitzpatrick is a goat for exceeding them.

Geno is a bum, whether he played or not. I am grateful (and the rest of us Jets fans should be) he didn't play in 2015. I praise Fitz for what he did in 2015, but wish he wouldn't have taken himself out of the game on such a stupid play, which is entirely on him, not Geno.  If you are putting that much stock in Geno's loss, I guess Jimmy Garoppolo was the 2016 MVP.

Here's the play in case old age is starting to set in for you Mr Sar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmr7mtmileI&list=PLVWKplvi1NH15Ex5YaE71IQ78i_ypRvUi

2 hours ago, mtwarlock31 said:

Geno is a bum, whether he played or not. I am grateful (and the rest of us Jets fans should be) he didn't play in 2015. I praise Fitz for what he did in 2015, but wish he wouldn't have taken himself out of the game on such a stupid play, which is entirely on him, not Geno.  If you are putting that much stock in Geno's loss, I guess Jimmy Garoppolo was the 2016 MVP.

Here's the play in case old age is starting to set in for you Mr Sar.

Sorry, I only respond to members with over 50 posts.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Your argument is foolish.

So is your stance on Mark Sanchez who delivered the best 3 year run in team history and is the second-best quarterback the Jets franchise has seen.

Now, that might not be good enough for you, but the man is owed is due, he should have a spot in the Ring Of Honor.  I intend to raise that issue as a lead member of the New York Jets Fan Advisory Board in Florham Park in a few weeks.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

So is your stance on Mark Sanchez who delivered the best 3 year run in team history and is the second-best quarterback the Jets franchise has seen.

Now, that might not be good enough for you, but the man is owed is due, he should have a spot in the Ring Of Honor.  I intend to raise that issue as a lead member of the New York Jets Fan Advisory Board in Florham Park in a few weeks.

SAR I

The Jets don't deserve to have a QB in the ring of honor outside of Namath. Being the 2nd best QB in Jets history is not that much of an honor hahahahh.  If Sanchez deserves to be in the ring of honor, I guess Rex should join him as well.

Man, you do have great jokes. I didn't know this was a comedy website too.

21 minutes ago, mtwarlock31 said:

The Jets don't deserve to have a QB in the ring of honor outside of Namath. Being the 2nd best QB in Jets history is not that much of an honor hahahahh.  If Sanchez deserves to be in the ring of honor, I guess Rex should join him as well.

Man, you do have great jokes. I didn't know this was a comedy website too.

Zack?  Is this you?  Your mom and I love you and we are very proud of you getting into a prestigious school, but trolling your father isn't a great way of saying thank you for a $240,000 education.  The meal plan, the credit card, the unlimited data plan, the BMW, the J. Crew spending, Spring Break in Cancun, these can all be taken away from you and with those luxuries gone you can kiss Megan goodbye too.

Crack the books.  You have a Calc exam on Friday.

Dad

Just now, SAR I said:

Zack?  Is this you?  Your mom and I love you and we are very proud of you getting into a prestigious school, but trolling your father isn't a great way of saying thank you for a $240,000 education.  The meal plan, the credit card, the unlimited data plan, the BMW, Spring Break in Cancun, these can all be taken away from you and with those luxuries gone you can kiss Megan goodbye too.

Dad

You try way too hard for a guy who makes a solid $70k a year

20 hours ago, mtwarlock31 said:

Well done. I've been waiting for someone to recognize that this is nothing more than a SAR I troll thread. 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Zack?  Is this you?  Your mom and I love you and we are very proud of you getting into a prestigious school, but trolling your father isn't a great way of saying thank you for a $240,000 education.  The meal plan, the credit card, the unlimited data plan, the BMW, the J. Crew spending, Spring Break in Cancun, these can all be taken away from you and with those luxuries gone you can kiss Megan goodbye too.

Dad

Thanks for the great education. No wonder why I can make points that you cannot counter argue. Feels good to be the first one to have a real education in the family. 

Archived