Bowles: Lame Duck or Last Chance?

Lil Woody

6 hours ago, flgreen said:

If Woody felt that way they would have been gone this year.  The actions Macc is taking strongly indicate that the Jets are  in an actual rebuild year.  No GM who's job is on the line is going to bring in a QB like McCown in a must win situation.  IMO, if that were the case Jets would have paid Glennon $ 16+ M, or would be trading for Romo..

We don't have a clue what is going on behind the scenes, all we can do is judge their intentions by their actions..  IMO Macc's actions indicate a GM who has been given a mandate to rebuild the team.  If I'm Woody I would have told Macc to have a promising team in-place in 2018, or update his Resume'  

Not true.  The coaching job wasn't attractive job this year.  It will be next year.

Bowles is definitely getting it.  Mac is safer.  And even if Mac doesn't get fired after the 2017 season, what's going to happen in 2018?  The Jets are likely going to start a rookie QB and may not be all that competitive.  That'll be three losing seasons in a row for Mac.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, flgreen said:

If Woody felt that way they would have been gone this year.  The actions Macc is taking strongly indicate that the Jets are  in an actual rebuild year.  No GM who's job is on the line is going to bring in a QB like McCown in a must win situation.  IMO, if that were the case Jets would have paid Glennon $ 16+ M, or would be trading for Romo..

We don't have a clue what is going on behind the scenes, all we can do is judge their intentions by their actions..  IMO Macc's actions indicate a GM who has been given a mandate to rebuild the team.  If I'm Woody I would have told Macc to have a promising team in-place in 2018, or update his Resume'  

By the way, Woody also told Mangini he was safe after he (Woody) traded for Favre.  Mangini didn't want him and Woody told him that he'd be safe regardless of how the season turned out.

1 hour ago, detectivekimble said:

Not true.  The coaching job wasn't attractive job this year.  It will be next year.

Bowles is definitely getting it.  Mac is safer.  And even if Mac doesn't get fired after the 2017 season, what's going to happen in 2018?  The Jets are likely going to start a rookie QB and may not be all that competitive.  That'll be three losing seasons in a row for Mac.

A HC offer is always attractive to a coordinator.  I see no reason the job would be more attractive  next year.  Still no QB except a draft pick.

2 hours ago, flgreen said:

A HC offer is always attractive to a coordinator.  I see no reason the job would be more attractive  next year.  Still no QB except a draft pick.

Woody isn't going to replace Bowles just to replace Bowles.  He wants to replace him with someone good.  And if you don't see why the job isn't more attractive next year, then you're blind.  The Jets will probably be picking in the top 5 with a good QB class.

Archived