Overrated as a motherf**ker thread

T0mShane

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both Ewing and Marino were great players, and fairly valued in modern times.  There was a time in the 80s where Marino was being ove hyped slightly as the best QB ever, which was silly bc a player from his own generation (Montana) was clearly better than him.

Ewing if anything is underrated, he just ran up against a force of nature...

2 minutes ago, jack48 said:

Bill Russell?  Maybe---as a coach

Just my opinion, but I feel Russell is more a product of his era than a truly great player. Would he have been as good if he had to bang in the paint with Shaq, Olajuwan, Ewing or Robinson? I don't think so, personally.

1 minute ago, Kevin L said:

Just my opinion, but I feel Russell is more a product of his era than a truly great player. Would he have been as good if he had to bang in the paint with Shaq, Olajuwan, Ewing or Robinson? I don't think so, personally.

There's a reason he's got a lot of rings....

26 minutes ago, Hael said:

Both Ewing and Marino were great players, and fairly valued in modern times.  There was a time in the 80s where Marino was being ove hyped slightly as the best QB ever, which was silly bc a player from his own generation (Montana) was clearly better than him.

Ewing if anything is underrated, he just ran up against a force of nature...

Who were the great W/R's Marino were throwing to compared to Montana's Jerry Rice ?? If Marino was on that 49'er team that Joe was on he would have had 4 bowls also..

2 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Who were the great W/R's Marino were throwing to compared to Montana's Jerry Rice ?? If Marino was on that 49'er team that Joe was on he would have had 4 bowls also..

Duper and Clayton were awesome 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Who are your most overrated motherf**kers ever? I'll begin:

1. Dan Marino

2. Patrick Ewing

3. Max Scherzer

Marino? He is one of the best QBs to play the game. In his time, I hated when the Jets faced him.

Archived