Overrated as a motherf**ker thread

T0mShane

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, sourceworx said:

It's appropriate that basketball is prominent in this thread. 

A sneaker/sportswear consortium affiliated with a barely watchable not very professional basketball league. 

Shock isn't Joakim Noah was suspended after testing positive, but that they test for anything at all. 

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Springsteen

3+ hours of the same droning song about how somebody didn't pay attention in high school and now is a waste product gets a little redundant after 45 minutes or so. Also "the Rising" using 9/11 as marketing (without mentioning who did it) was disgusting. And take "41 shots" to the temple, Mr. Faux Working Class Hero. 

13 minutes ago, Bugg said:

3+ hours of the same droning song about how somebody didn't pay attention in high school and now is a waste product gets a little redundant after 45 minutes or so. Also "the Rising" using 9/11 as marketing (without mentioning who did it) was disgusting. And take "41 shots" to the temple, Mr. Faux Working Class Hero. 

I dont get the Springsteen cult. The music is depressing.

2 hours ago, slats said:

I hope not. The Stones are a blues band that stole everything they ever did. The Beatles are true originals. Like, nothing comes close to their critical and pop chart acclaim. 

lol, wut ?  the beatles ripped off the american cats just like the entire british invasion. 

They also changed their look to appeal to mass audiences

I love a lot of their music, but don't sell out the real  original, chuck 

Just now, Larz said:

lol, wut ?  the beatles ripped off the american cats just like the entire british invasion. 

And Chuck ripped off everything from his brother Marvin and the music he shared from the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance.

13 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Jeremy Shockey

Drake

Hating on Bruce Springsteen

New York Rangers fans

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Drake

Bryce Harper

Lecturing Apple users on how Droid is better

Kareem Mackenzie

Bruce Springsteen is better than Billy Joel. 

2 hours ago, slats said:

Mind, you're out of it. 

And I say that as a fan of both Floyd and Zeppelin. 

There are college courses on the Beatles brilliance. The Beatles were able to both cross every boundary and be collosal chart topping pop stars. No other act comes remotely close. 

Some colleges also offer feminist dance therapy as a major.

11 minutes ago, Larz said:

Just stop. 

The Beatles were very clear about their influences, and their version of Roll Over, Beethoven is probably the best ever recorded. But by the time the put out Rubber Soul, it was all over. They began to break all the barriers they eventually nuked. 

1 minute ago, slats said:

Just stop. 

The Beatles were very clear about their influences, and their version of Roll Over, Beethoven is probably the best ever recorded. But by the time the put out Rubber Soul, it was all over. They began to break all the barriers they eventually nuked. 

Give me the word and we just start dropping them

Archived