Best Sounding Name and/or Nickname In Jet History

TuscanyTile2

20 hours ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Marvin "THE PRESIDENT" Jones

You say Jones, I say Powell, but there is only one true President of the United States: Powell. And then he got canned after getting elected President of the Players Union. Thanks, Jets. 

Gaines, Sohn, Greg Bubbles, Johnny Lynn, Lester Lyles, Shroy, Klecko, Reggie McElroy (no relation to Greg, I mean, they look totally the same), Walker, Toon, Shafer Suggs, Darrol Ray, McNeil, who further pioneered Free Agency in a huge case after saying that he would never sue the league, Burgess Owens getting traded over insinuations of race, dopey Ken O'Brien, what a locker room. Locker rooms plural. The years '82 & '87, shortly before and what followed is actually pretty interesting stuff from a Jets Fan perspective. Man, players were getting lopped off like dead limbs, so, all in all, want a union, love the union, hate the union, sue the union, belong to the union, fukk the union, run the union, still want a union. It's the American Way. 

Powell is an incredible role model. Please sue the Jets on my behalf, Marvin Powell, Esq. Pain and misery, it may work. 

P.S.: If Blair Thomas rendered McNeil a back up, I would sue, too. Loving this team is like self-flagellation.

20 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Should be TOAST II... Parcells gave that name to Elvis Patterson of the Giants back in the mid 80's.

3 hours ago, Rexorcism said:

I remember Elvis Patterson on the Giants being called Toast, I never heard of Victor Green being called that.

Look, I'm getting so old that maybe I messed this up.  But I distinctly remember Parcells calling Green toast after he bit on Elway's pump fake in that infamous game. And several other times.  Maybe he was reprising the nickname he'd used for Patterson.  

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Look, I'm getting so old that maybe I messed this up.  But I distinctly remember Parcells calling Green toast after he bit on Elway's pump fake in that infamous game. And several other times.  Maybe he was reprising the nickname he'd used for Patterson.  

From WIKI....

Elvis Vernell "Toast"[1] Patterson (born October 21, 1960 in Bryan, Texas) is a former American football defensive back who played ten seasons in the National Football League, mainly for the New York Giants. He played in Super Bowl XXI for the Giants. He then played for the San Diego Chargers, Los Angeles Raiders and Dallas Cowboys. He retired after playing in Super Bowl XXVIII as a part of the Cowboys' winning team.

I hear you, who knows. Just because I don t remember it that doesn't mean it's not true. He definitely handed them the momentum when we were up 10. If he didnt get toasted we probably would've went to the Super Bowl...Ugh

16 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

Meshawn

I much preferred Keymouth. He was fun until professional jealousy poisoned his soul. It's funny, Fat Bill had so much tolerance for him that he probably would not have had with anyone else except for Crackhead LT.  Fat Slob didn't attend Crackhead LT's HOF induction because LT refused to renounce drugs at a kiddie conference on just say no. What a fat fukking hypocrite. He turned a blind eye to everything Mr. Crack did, and then was like, oh, I must disassociate myself in his crowning lisping moment. 

F Parcells while I'm at it, he gave me nothing in the end that quitting POS. Keymouth got blasted by Fatty McFat Fatcesa for tearing off his helmet when he scored his first NFL TD.  I was there. Who wasn't? 

I give total credit to K-Mouth for the Jacksonville divisional game, though. Also there, who wasn't? That was probably the most complete game played by a NY Jet WR ever. Oh, K-Mouth's real name is Joe Ladarious. 

I remember when he bought turkeys for kids in the Bronx with Chris Hayes for Thanksgiving. P.S. something. Don't ask me why I recall that, but he paid more for the movies than the turkeys. Trust me, I'm like Marilu Henner on some days. 

Archived