Underrated as a Mofo

TuscanyTile2

2 minutes ago, AFCEastFan said:

Re the Americans, I would say Paige storylines overrated, non-Paige storylines underrated.  She is to that show what Sam was to Different Strokes.  

Henry has had all of 1 brief scene so far this season, not even sure if it's the same actor. He is the Chuck Cunningham of this show. 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Henry has had all of 1 brief scene so far this season, not even sure if it's the same actor. He is the Chuck Cunningham of this show. 

Great comparison.  The writers clearly have no use for him.  They should just ship him off to boarding school and be done with it.  

10 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Shelley. What a washed up poet. I know, my jokes are outstanding. 

That there is some highbrow humor.  Reminds me of when my European history professor told the class that John Hus had a "hot dispute" with the Catholic Church.  

7 hours ago, AFCEastFan said:

Re the Americans, I would say Paige storylines overrated, non-Paige storylines underrated.  She is to that show what Sam was to Different Strokes.  

It's killing the show...so far. Enough of that little bitch already.

The boy grew about a foot since last season, lol

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

For those interested in some Zappa guitar genius...

I'm glad you posted that. Never heard it before.

I'd bet it's influenced by John Coltrane's Love, from First Meditations. In his music you'll find some of the most intense solos ever laid down. 

On April 3, 2017 at 10:13 PM, JohnJ said:

I'm glad you posted that. Never heard it before.

I'd bet it's influenced by John Coltrane's Love, from First Meditations. In his music you'll find some of the most intense solos ever laid down. 

Just listened to the Coltrane song you posted (though a version that they removed the 1st 30 seconds of on YouTube - I assume for copyright reasons).  I'm glad YOU posted that.  Love it! 

(And I absolutely hear the influence you spoke of btw). 

Edit here's the song for everyone else 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=-KGMSALXHPo

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 6:24 PM, Larz said:

pet sounds

jew QB's

Excalibur (1981) 

tears for fears

Pet sounds is not underrated. Its considered a masterpiece by many, many musical artists. But, you could be right as it may be underrated by the listening public.

21 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Lowell George and Little Feat. 

Image result for mic drop gif

Perfect gif.  This guy wins.  Little Feat are by far the greatest band nobody knows jack ____ about.  Too bad Lowell George couldn't find the right mixture.  He was so friggin talented.  Slide guitar with a socket wrench.  Amazing.

39 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Perfect gif.  This guy wins.  Little Feat are by far the greatest band nobody knows jack ____ about.  Too bad Lowell George couldn't find the right mixture.  He was so friggin talented.  Slide guitar with a socket wrench.  Amazing.

I remember seeing a Black Crowes show when I was in my teens and heard Chris and Rich talk about this guy Lowell George and proceeded to play what are now two of my favorite songs of all time, Willin and Roll Em Easy. That night I went home and downloaded everything I could, probably played their Waiting On Columbus record for an entire year straight. Probably the best version of Dixie Chicken, Fat Man in a Bathtub and Rock n Roll Doctor ever. He actually introduced me to one of my all-time favorite artists as well, Miss Bonnie Raitt. Her and Bonnie Bramlett, love them. (Delaney, another super underrated musician. Guy was a stud in his own right) Anyway, have been listening to this little video again for the last week or so. 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

I burned out Waiting for Columbus! What a great live album!

Absolutely. I listened to that album at least 100 times my freshman year of college. Still my favorite version of Dixie Chicken to this day, even over the one with Bonnie Raitt and Emy Lou. Lowell George and Delaney Bramlett go down as my two favorite musicians that no one ever talks about. I would add Stevie Marriott to that, but I think people know him moreso than the others: him singing Black Coffee on the Old Grey Whistle Test was one of my favorite performances ever. Dude was a stud. Another one who couldn't get his sh*t together unfortunately. 

8 hours ago, jetophile said:

Riggins deserved to get paid - he was amazing for the Jets (was much faster in those early years,  and more than just the Larry Czonka type r.b. he later became with the Redskins). But the only one the Jets wanted to pay was Namath, yet it was Riggins who was really their star at that point. (I blame Namath for doing lots of harm to the Jets in the 70's - touting Al Woodal, and later Richard Todd, and being the indirect cause of Riggins not signing. )     In any case, there was no better thrill for a Jet fan  than watching Riggins take a flair pass out of the backfield and start turning the corner up field. For that, his time with the Jets is underrated, because people don't remember how good he was for us.

Pet sounds is not underrated. Its considered a masterpiece by many, many musical artists. But, you could be right as it may be underrated by the listening public.

Twas a poke at that guy with ringo star in his avatar

2 hours ago, roscoeword said:

That Riggins story is one for the ages. Yeaaa, he was our'n once upon a oncet. Fakk, I've been fighting the Dictionary forever, but William Chester Minor was the only one who cut off his own change to make it all matter. 

I before e except after c. Unless it is in believe or weigh or some kind s hit like that. English really sucks major wad. I commend anyone trying to learn this as a second language. It's my first language, and I bite balls. Yes, yes, run with that. 

Archived