Mafia Championship Season 4 - JN is invited... yay?

Gone

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FINAL UPDATE

Your representative has been slotted into this game below.

GAME 9 @ JUNE 5 (48/24 Phase Lengths w/ 10 PM EST)
@Aoi Magi (Atheist Forums)
@Archangel (Straight Dope)
@Loki (GreyWolf Addicts)
@Nishinoya (PokeHeroes)
@Pac (JetNation)
@Precarious (Kongregate)
@Prophylaxis (MyAnimeList)
@Ryker (Smashboards)
@SilverKeith (MafiaLandia)
@SpankGangsta (What the Heol?!)
@spookymilk (Casa de Leche)
@Superjolt (PokeCommunity)
@TheWhoDoctor (Pokemon Showdown)
@Yeti (Smogon)
@Zoomzip (Play Diplomacy)

Do you wish to spectate and/or talk with players from other communities?
We have a big chat on Discord (300+ members) for those that want to spectate and talk about these games. The representatives will be added to this channel too after they die. Or if you just want to chat with people from other communities, we have a general chat too that is unrelated to the Mafia Championship.

1) CLICK HERE TO JOIN: https://discord.gg/zdeEhcg
2) Tag one of the red or blue people in the chat (write [MENTION=8963]Thingyman[/MENTION] or @staff for example), let them know who you are and from what community, and they'll give you the necessary permissions to see the spectator channel. This is necessary to avoid the wrong people (the representatives and their backups) joining the channel.

You don't need to have Discord installed in order to join the channel, as there is a web version.

Do you want to have your own private community spectator chat?
This is definitely both allowed and encouraged. However, I ask that you please do everything possible to make this chat private and inaccessible to your representative, backup and your representative's opponents. It's important that your thoughts and comments don't influence the game. In other words, please don't post about the game in public threads -- this is very important.

Where do I get more info?
Refer to this thread: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/7692-Season-4-The-Time-Is-Now%21

This thread will tell you all the details about this season. It also includes the list of participating communities and their representatives.

If you need to get in contact with me, my Skype is "thingyman" and my Discord is "Thingyman#6075". From this point on I will be checking in less on the various sites. I will make sure to pop in again though when your representative's game starts and post a link :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2017 at 7:06 AM, Thingyman said:

UPDATE ON MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP

Originally, the plan was for this season to feature 135 communities. We will now have 165 participating communities, which means that this season alone we will have more different communities represented than all other seasons combined. Approximately 60 communities are participating for the very first time. Of the returning communities, about a dozen of them are resending a previous representative, while the rest are all sending fresh faces.

As a result of how big this season has gotten, we'll have more games to look forward to than ever before. We will have 11 qualifying games, 2 wildcard games and 1 finale game = 14 games in total.

All kinds of communities are partipating. Besides the sites dedicated specifically to mafia, we have forums dedicated to popular entertainment, sports, poker, board games, online games, video games, role playing, LEGO, personality type testing, stick figure animations, science, atheism, music, mathematics, comics, students, etc. Some of these communities started playing mafia more than a decade ago; Others just started this year.

Despite this being a forum event, we will also have communities that play the game via various chat clients (Discord, Telegram, IRC, custom, etc.) and via webcam (with games often streamed on Twitch.tv). And not least, there are communities centered around mafia game variants that you can buy on Steam (Town of Salem and Throne of Lies).

This season will also have the biggest international scope yet. For the very first time we will have representatives from Romania, Hungary, Chile, Portugal, Ukraine and Czechia as well as our first person representing a Japanese community. We even have our first Native American.

In addition to this, we of course welcome back countries such as USA, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, Poland, Italy, Indonesia, South Africa and Ireland, meaning that we'll have more than 20 different countries represented in total.

Next update: I am hoping very much I will have all the info I need from all of the representatives by Wednesday at the latest next week. Assuming I do, I will schedule all the qualifying games on this day and get back to you with your representative's start date.

On 4/24/2017 at 3:08 PM, Verbal said:

that's a lot of words

somebody read them and get back to me

On 4/24/2017 at 3:19 PM, The Crusher said:

Fat chance

All I caught on this massive missive was that the tournament has its first Native American playing. 

On 2017-5-15 at 7:41 PM, Verbal said:

To be fair, Lizzy isn't what you'd call a "functioning adult".....so you'll have to excuse him.

Yeah, verb and lizzie ride the same bus together.

• 2 weeks later...

Already got a warning PM.  lol.

Hi there!

Welcome to MU!

Since you are brand new to our community there may be some rules and regulations you're unaware of, that's why I ask you to look at our forum rules and CoC.

I strongly discourage using language like 

Quote Originally Posted by JF80 on June 5, 2017, 11:32 PM(#175)
Sup fags.

given that it's against our rules. Please be mindful of that in the future.

Happy playing!

~Sooh

The Championship Game Has Begun!

Hi guys!

Your representative's Mafia Championship game has started and it's still Day 1: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/8945-Season-4-Game-9-Silicon-Valley-The-Mafia-Championship

I wish them the best of luck.

Remember to please keep discussion of the game to private channels where the players wouldn't be able to see your comments on the game.

Also, if you want to spectate the game along with people from other communities, you can join the Discord server here (600+ people): https://discord.gg/zdeEhcg

When you enter the server please tag and let the @staff know which community you are from and who you are cheering on and they'll give you access to the spectator channel :)

59 minutes ago, Thingyman said:

The Championship Game Has Begun!

Hi guys!

Your representative's Mafia Championship game has started and it's still Day 1: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/8945-Season-4-Game-9-Silicon-Valley-The-Mafia-Championship

I wish them the best of luck.

Remember to please keep discussion of the game to private channels where the players wouldn't be able to see your comments on the game.

Also, if you want to spectate the game along with people from other communities, you can join the Discord server here (600+ people): https://discord.gg/zdeEhcg

When you enter the server please tag and let the @staff know which community you are from and who you are cheering on and they'll give you access to the spectator channel :)

Do we have representation for this since Pac selfishly pulled out?

30 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I would have loved to play along. My guess though is prob a D1 lynch after referring to the game as a ****kng nerd fest.

People are already getting cleared when they buddy each other.  Meanwhile I'm just flipping the bird at everyone, so yeah, I won't be long for this game.  Good riddance.  F*ck you Pac.

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

Do we have representation for this since Pac selfishly pulled out?

Wouldnt 80 have to put it in first before he pulls out, though? Seems like a longshot to me *shrug*

lol, one poster said this about me:

just read JF's ISO. He's basically only taking about what general strategy's are effictive for finding scum, and that was only the only basis for his only read (and vote) so far.

The only thing he got going for him is his aggresive tone. But a lot of people can hold that up as both alignments, and considering his BIO (lol) i would guess he's one of those people.

The people (person?) who called him liklier town earlier (i don't remember who it was), can you go through the reasoning for me?

Note:  My "bio" he's speaking of reads merely "GFY".

Archived