These mannings are greedy SOBs

Jetsplayer21

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Peyton would do any commercial in the world. Eli demanded to be highest paid qb yrs ago. Now appears to be in some hot water for trying to make few extra bucks.. geez ..http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19153348/eli-manning-new-york-giants-accused-fraud-court-documents

What ever marketing company handled those Peyton Manning commercials were pure genius.   They took the most boring man alive, and a few that aren't, and put out extremely entertaining, and amusing commercials.  BRAVO!   

I was in line 1 year with my son at jets camp he was 9 at the time to get Greg Buttle's autograph this 40 something year old dude whipped out like 15 football cards for Buttle to sign he looks up and says pick 3 and then signs them and bends the corners the dude was pissed. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

LOL yessss game worn sh*t sweaty jerseys and stuff  why are grown men buying this stuff. 

lol

Two reasons: 1) As you eluded to, they are very creepy middle aged men.  2)  They re-sell them on ebay for a big profit

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If you're the type of creep who's chasing down "memorabilia," you deserve to get fleeced to the Nth degree.

I agree but it is value. Brady's Super Bowl jersey is worth 1/2 a mil ?? It is a joke. But these guys are making millions. Some little scumbag like Eli should not be scamming collectors 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I was in line 1 year with my son at jets camp he was 9 at the time to get Greg Buttle's autograph this 40 something year old dude whipped out like 15 football cards for Buttle to sign he looks up and says pick 3 and then signs them and bends the corners the dude was pissed. 

If you want your kid to get great autographs, send him up alone with you watching from a distance.  Most jocks will blow an adult off, but sign for a kid

I know an older guy, who now lives in Florida, who has an authentic, autographed Joe Willy jersey.  He wears this jersey to a bar for every Jets game.  He's been doing this since the Jets won the Super Bowl.  Every hot wing, and slice of pizza he's ever eaten has left it's mark.

This jersey has NEVER  been washed.  LOL

True story.

3 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I know an older guy, who now lives in Florida, who has an authentic, autographed Joe Willy jersey.  He wears this jersey to a bar for every Jets game.  He's been doing this since the Jets won the Super Bowl.  Every hot wing, and slice of pizza he's ever eaten has left it's mark.

True story.

lol knowing how big of a bar boozehound Joe Willy has been over the yrs, I'm sure he would sign him a new one just hearing this ha

11 minutes ago, flgreen said:

True story.

I mean the mold probably growing on it is just gross, but it is still just a shirt that someone signed....  I get that it had value because of the autograph once, but that guy doesn't see it that way obviously.  I'm not a sports memorabilia guy myself, so maybe I just don't get it....but at least he's enjoying his trophy jersey.  I have a classic car that I love driving and effing around with every weekend. I use it a lot and it has a ton of wear and tear as a result so I'm always repairing it and working on it.  Lots of guys keep them in their garages and make the garages like finished showrooms, just so they can preserve the value....I say.....why the hell have a car if you can't drive it?  Those guys think I'm an a$$hole because of it. And sure...I may be an a$$hole, but at least I get to drive my car as much as I want.

2 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

I mean the mold probably growing on it is just gross, but it is still just a shirt that someone signed....  I get that it had value because of the autograph once, but that guy doesn't see it that way obviously.  I'm not a sports memorabilia guy myself, so maybe I just don't get it....but at least he's enjoying his trophy jersey.  I have a classic car that I love driving and ******* around with every weekend. I use it a lot and it has a ton of wear and tear as a result so I'm always repairing it and working on it.  Lots of guys keep them in their garages and make the garages like finished showrooms, just so they can preserve the value....I say.....why the hell have a car if you can't drive it?  Those guys think I'm an a$$hole because of it.  I may be an a$$hole, but at least I get to drive my car as much as I want.

You get it

The guy I'm talking about is a retired tax attorney.  6 days a week he drives a BMW that puts Sar I's to shame.  He also has a 32' boat that he has been kind enough to take me out on.

On Sunday's during the fall he wears that nasty #12 jersey as a trophy.   

Good analogy 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If you're the type of creep who's chasing down "memorabilia," you deserve to get fleeced to the Nth degree.

You could say the same thing about people that pay money to watch other men play sports or spend hours talking about sports in an online forum with strangers. To each his own.

6 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You could say the same thing about people that pay money to watch other men play sports or spend hours talking about sports in an online forum with strangers. To each his own.

It's more like how a lot of people like movies so they go see a movie and tell their friends about the movie. That's normal. The memorabilia collector goes to the movies, tells their friends about the movies, then spends their night rooting through Reese Witherspoon's garbage can looking for a tampon she threw away. Then they either hang the tampon in their den or they proudly parade said tampon through the parking lot of the movie theater eight hours before the next movie starts.

9 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

you stood in line for 1 year ?

otWcrAk.png

I paid $4,500 for a ‘worthless’ Eli Manning helmet: suit

April 13, 2017 | 10:36pm | Updated 

Diehard Giants fan Michael Jakab says he started to smell a rat shortly after shelling out $4,300 for a Giants helmet signed by quarterback Eli Manningand inscribed “Game Used 2007-08 Superbowl Season.”

The construction worker from Floral Park, LI, “spent countless hours” comparing the scratches on the helmet to photos of Manning on the field, court papers say.

Jakab realized the helmet was missing the Velcro strips quarterbacks use to hold radio receivers for messages from their coaches.

Jakab even used a black light to look for remnants of the Velcro adhesive before concluding the helmet “had never been used in a game by Manning” and “was actually worthless to collectors,” his suit says.

11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

nice job by buttle. i don't understand why people want retired sports figures autographs. 

Archived