Jump to content

These mannings are greedy SOBs


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, jetrider said:

“Game Used 2007-08 Superbowl Season”

To be legit all Manning had to do was prep several helmets every week to be worn for one snap each and keep the most historically valuable ones for himself.

Yeah, and the allegations are that Elli didn't even do that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a Jet fan I'm way more interested in "forgetabilia." 

If you're the type of creep who's chasing down "memorabilia," you deserve to get fleeced to the Nth degree.

I mean the mold probably growing on it is just gross, but it is still just a shirt that someone signed....  I get that it had value because of the autograph once, but that guy doesn't see it that way

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If you're the type of creep who's chasing down "memorabilia," you deserve to get fleeced to the Nth degree.

I don't disagree, but giving someone something to sell that you say is 'game worn' and its not is fraud and Eli should go to jail. End of story

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yeah, and the allegations are that Elli didn't even do that. 

His defense can be that some game worn stuff doesn't look game used so he instructed Joe Skiba to find the most aesthetically obvious items.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am no big fan of Eli by any stretch but I would guess his big mistake was in who he paid to run this part of his enterprise.

Guy running it is obviously crooked. All the stars do this crap. I never understood the facination with buying this junk.

Also when you are a few shots to the head away from drinking out of a sippy cup and walking with fake knees can you blame any of them for maxing earnings?

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shuler82 said:

Now I'm questioning whether that Joe Klecko game worn jock strap I forked over $150 for is even legit. I thought it past the sniff test, but now who the fcuk knows

pluck out a pube and send it to the lab for a DNA analysis.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shuler82 said:

Now I'm questioning whether that Joe Klecko game worn jock strap I forked over $150 for is even legit. I thought it past the sniff test, but now who the fcuk knows

What did you have for comparison of Joe Klecko's or a past experience to see if it did smell the same. Better yet don't tell us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

I am no big fan of Eli by any stretch but I would guess his big mistake was in who he paid to run this part of his enterprise.

Guy running it is obviously crooked. All the stars do this crap. I never understood the facination with buying this junk.

Also when you are a few shots to the head away from drinking out of a sippy cup and walking with fake knees can you blame any of them for maxing earnings?

 

When you've made 100 million, you don't need to screw a random fan out of 4K.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If you're the type of creep who's chasing down "memorabilia," you deserve to get fleeced to the Nth degree.

Why?

I'm a Jets fan, ever since the Sack Exchange.   A friend was at an event, and bought me an autographed Sack Exchange pick, signed by all 4.  It's in my office, am I a creep for that?

I loved Joe Klecko, and if I ran across one, I'd buy an autographed jersey if I knew it was legit.  I have family that works in the art and auction industry, I can get the real stuff if I am so inclined.  Why does that make me a creep?   If I have my room where I want to watch games, and I get some autographed Yankee or Jets stuff, what's wrong with that?  

The fact that a man who makes 100 million dollars feels he needs to rip off his fans is the problem.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Agree but thats not not what I said.

I guess I mis read a bit.  My bad.

I have no problem with any player maxing out his earnings.  You want to pay him for his used laundry, good for him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, chirorob said:

Why?

I'm a Jets fan, ever since the Sack Exchange.   A friend was at an event, and bought me an autographed Sack Exchange pick, signed by all 4.  It's in my office, am I a creep for that?

I loved Joe Klecko, and if I ran across one, I'd buy an autographed jersey if I knew it was legit.  I have family that works in the art and auction industry, I can get the real stuff if I am so inclined.  Why does that make me a creep?   If I have my room where I want to watch games, and I get some autographed Yankee or Jets stuff, what's wrong with that?  

The fact that a man who makes 100 million dollars feels he needs to rip off his fans is the problem.

This dude gets it. It amazes me how so many people love to rail against the 1% & corporate greed, then turn right around & blame the little guy who's a victim of "high-class" greed when the victim was ripped off in a venture that they deem silly. 

Regardless off how you feel about their hobby, they WEREN'T the ones doing illegal sh!t here.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Paddywagon said:

It feels like the NFL and their associates keep pushing people to like the Mannings but I never liked the Mannings. I never liked Peyton and I don't like Eli either.

They have just the right amount of "Aww-shucks" & "Good ol' boy I'd be proud to call my son in law" in them to sell to the gullible inhabitants of every pocket of America.

peyton-manning-dancing.gif

Case in point: If your idea of fun is knocking back a few bland domestics at the local watering hole while listening to Travis Tritt on the juke box with the rest of the lunch-pail crew, the gif above of 5-head just made you spring a mean bonrar. 

Much like you, however, it always came off as a transparent act to me.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2017 at 6:40 AM, T0mShane said:

It's more like how a lot of people like movies so they go see a movie and tell their friends about the movie. That's normal. The memorabilia collector goes to the movies, tells their friends about the movies, then spends their night rooting through Reese Witherspoon's garbage can looking for a tampon she threw away. Then they either hang the tampon in their den or they proudly parade said tampon through the parking lot of the movie theater eight hours before the next movie starts.

Dont knock it til you've tried it.   Keeping that blood on the cotton looking authentic takes practice. THAT my friend, is justification my high prices..err, I mean their high prices.   You know, posting for a friend. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, glenn31 said:

They have just the right amount of "Aww-shucks" & "Good ol' boy I'd be proud to call my son in law" in them to sell to the gullible inhabitants of every pocket of America.

peyton-manning-dancing.gif

Case in point: If your idea of fun is knocking back a few bland domestics at the local watering hole while listening to Travis Tritt on the juke box with the rest of the lunch-pail crew, the gif above of 5-head just made you spring a mean bonrar. 

Much like you, however, it always came off as a transparent act to me.

They manage their brand very well and operate their business very intelligently. I don't fault them for that one bit. They should be out to make every dollar they can. The issue I have always had with the Mannings was Archie throwing his teammagtes under the bus every chance he got to make sure everyone knew that he was not the one who should be blamed. The guy was an amazing college QB.  He might have been an amazing NFL QB if he went to the right team.  How many countless other QBs can we say the same thing about?  But Archie was the guy blaming everyone else the whole time. He never had a winning season, acts like he's the head of the NFL royalty, and is a total douchebag.  I respect his business acumen, but I think he's a total prick for the way he conducted himself as a player.  Peyton I have the most respect for out of the group. I actually don't have anything negative to say there. Guy does everything right, reinvented the way we ask QBs to manage the game pre-snap and played the position better than anyone else ever had before him consistently on a down to down basis. It might be an act, he may be just as phony and entitled as the other 2, but nobody ever brought anything to light about that sort of thing. Can't respect Eli at all considering the way he conducted himself coming into the league. Spoiled entitled brat and if his name was Eli Smith he would have never seen the end of his 4th season. The whole family should thank God every day for Peyton setting them all up for their success. If not for him, Archie would just be a nice piece of college football trivia and there is no such thing as the Manning Passing Academy.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2017 at 10:01 PM, flgreen said:

I know an older guy, who now lives in Florida, who has an authentic, autographed Joe Willy jersey.  He wears this jersey to a bar for every Jets game.  He's been doing this since the Jets won the Super Bowl.  Every hot wing, and slice of pizza he's ever eaten has left it's mark.

This jersey has NEVER  been washed.  LOL

True story.

Never been washed...never been back to the Super Bowl...

I'm not a superstitious guy, but maybe your friend is the cause of the curse LOL

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2017 at 3:32 PM, chirorob said:

Why?

I'm a Jets fan, ever since the Sack Exchange.   A friend was at an event, and bought me an autographed Sack Exchange pick, signed by all 4.  It's in my office, am I a creep for that?

I loved Joe Klecko, and if I ran across one, I'd buy an autographed jersey if I knew it was legit.  I have family that works in the art and auction industry, I can get the real stuff if I am so inclined.  Why does that make me a creep?   If I have my room where I want to watch games, and I get some autographed Yankee or Jets stuff, what's wrong with that?  

The fact that a man who makes 100 million dollars feels he needs to rip off his fans is the problem.

Exactly

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dealing with an ongoing estate of a guy that had no kids and left tons of sports memorabilia to various friends and relatives. So at the end of his life, he had all this stuff that filled his apartment, was really of no value to him or anyone else. What really do you do with a signed framed Joe Montana jersey? It's not a piece of art of a family photo.  And now has burdened his sister with dealing with getting this crap to people. And many of those people don't want it anyway.

It's clutter.

I really do not get the whole thing. It's greed, Jeter giving the chicks a fruit basket after a BJ. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Dealing with an ongoing estate of a guy that had no kids and left tons of sports memorabilia to various friends and relatives. So at the end of his life, he had all this stuff that filled his apartment, was really of no value to him or anyone else. What really do you do with a signed framed Joe Montana jersey? It's not a piece of art of a family photo.  And now has burdened his sister with dealing with getting this crap to people. And many of those people don't want it anyway.

It's clutter.

I really do not get the whole thing. It's greed, Jeter giving the chicks a fruit basket after a BJ. 

Tough call to some its a hobby to others its way to spend extra income and to others a bad habit. 

I know a few collectors who have intense collection of memorabilia. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joewilly12 said:

Tough call to some its a hobby to others its way to spend extra income and to others a bad habit. 

I know a few collectors who have intense collection of memorabilia. 

Looks more like a low grade episode of "Hoarders". Had some angry woman years back either here or on JI complaining that the Yankees while checking into a hotel on the road didn't use the front door to avoid autograph seekers since her and her kids were waiting by the front door for hours for autographs. Also recall a story of an autograph hound without any apology interrupting Reggie Jackson fork in hand at a Cooperstown steakhouse and blaming Jackson for getting pissed off.   So athletes are bad because they want to eat dinner or check into  hotel? Aren't the games themselves enough? Granted these guys are paying bills with this money, but if it went away they would be okay. The Mannings are greedy bastards. But they only get away with it because people refuse to take a step back and ask themselves why they care about memorabilia at all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...