Question for the Older Fans

Dcronin

Can you ever remember there being such a chasm between the elite of the league and the rest, or the 1st in the AFC East and the rest of the division?

It's almost unfathomable how far ahead the Patriots are. To think they added Cooks and other reinforcements, and may not be done, is staggering.

Getting into the Superbowl is their floor each year. It's truly admirable, no matter how much you hate them. No taped run-throughs or deflated balls got them here. They are just plain and simply the best, most well-oiled machine there is. The degree to which other organizations can't even hold their jock is embarassing. If you really want to see what makes a winner, watch that "Do Your Job" doc.

I have no idea when the Jets can even dream of overtaking them. They are a dynasty to end all dynasties. The greatest we've ever seen in the history of sports. Not even close. 90s Yankees or Bulls come close.

DC

Uh . . . . what about the 14 year run of ONLY THE NFC WINNING the Superbowl between 83-97?

That was a pretty epic chasm and wasn't broken until Elway FINALLY did it on his 4th try against a '98 ATL team the JETS would have  also beaten.

7 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

The entire existence of the NFL has been dominated by dynasties. Always. Why is this surprising now?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Probably still wet behind the ears, waiting for the grass to grow, and the bells to drop. I had to explain to a 10 year old the other day that there was no such thing as Inter-league games between the AL & NL except for the World Series when I was in HS in the 90s; Yankees v. Mets was nonexistent when I was growing up, kid looked at me like I was crazy.

Neophytes . . . :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Probably still wet behind the ears and waiting for the grass to grow. I had to explain to a 10 year old the other day that there was no such thing as Inter-league games between the AL & NL except for the World Series when I was in HS in the 90s; Yankees v. Mets was nonexistent when I was growing up, kid looked at me like I was crazy.

Neophytes . . . :rolleyes:

Did you mention no AL or NL divisional playoff, how about reading box scores in the Newspaper ( what's a Newspaper) the next day?

The salary cap, meant to respond to the 90's Cowboys and Niners loading up on talent, instead created a system where your QB requires 20% of your cap and so you're forced to start previously unemployable players at RT, SS, CB2, and ILB, so the game has become an unwatchable mess where the better teams figure out where your bargain-basement players are and exploit them for 60 minutes, making each game a joyless slog where a lacrosse player WR beats your XFL-quality third corner all over the field while an opposing juiced up OLB embarrasses your RT (who in the 90's would be loading trucks at UPS) and destroys your offense. And then you fire your Peter-principled coach and GM and hire the assistant to the assistant of one of the teams who ritually kicked your ass  only to find out that they're completely unfit for the job but you just gave them a four year deal so you wait three years to fire them so your local Manish doesn't have a field day painting you as mentally incompetent even though you're a billionaire whose butler makes exponentially more than your local Manish will ever make in his life.

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The salary cap, meant to respond to the 90's Cowboys and Niners loading up on talent, instead created a system where your QB requires 20% of your cap and so you're forced to start previously unemployable players at RT, SS, CB2, and ILB, so the game has become an unwatchable mess where the better teams figure out where your bargain-basement players are and exploit them for 60 minutes, making each game a joyless slog where a lacrosse player WR beats your XFL-quality third corner all over the field while an opposing juiced up OLB embarrasses your RT (who in the 90's would be loading trucks at UPS) and destroys your offense. And then you fire your Peter-principled coach and GM and hire the assistant to the assistant of one of the teams who ritually kicked your ass  only to find out that they're completely unfit for the job but you just gave them a four year deal so you wait three years to fire them so your local Manish doesn't have a field day painting you as mentally incompetent even though you're a billionaire whose butler makes exponentially more than your local Manish will ever make in his life.

This is miraculously spot on. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Post of the year. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

LOL :)

I wish I could find it now but some time back I saw an image that showed dejected Jets players walking into the tunnel, and some one had cleverly put above the tunnel.

"Ye Who Enter Here, Abandon all Hope"   Just thought it would fit here. :)  

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

.......censoredB)

was it the butcher aisle photo?

lol :lol:

Was the "Jets Insodomizer" reference with link too much?:lol:

did I at least get to keep Tom Shane's positive rep? Lol :lol:

You called out a group of Jets fans, attached another poster. You posted a picture that could get us dropped from our ad network. You posted a link to another website.

Hope that clears it up. I need you to avoid posts like this going-forward.

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

You called out a group of Jets fans, attached another poster. You posted a picture that could get us dropped from our ad network. You posted a link to another website.

:cool:

just to be clear, that was an actual picture from an Australian supermarket butcher aisle. I concur it was HIGHLY suggestive, but NOT profane or graphic, merely implicative. 

I'll admit I could have been more subtle, but do you really want posters here capitulating to the opinion that the Pats are the GREATEST dynasty and even better than the 90's Yanks?!??!

that, on ANY Jets board is BLASPHEMY. 

b0b4q_s-200x150.gif

37 minutes ago, Maxman said:

GUILTY. 

No Shame in the Internet Posting GAME.

BTW: Sincerely interested in Ad placement and possible  Banner Website Ad Sponsorship. What's the process? Please PM if this is a possibility. 

6 hours ago, Dcronin said:

Can you ever remember there being such a chasm between the elite of the league and the rest, or the 1st in the AFC East and the rest of the division?

It's almost unfathomable how far ahead the Patriots are. To think they added Cooks and other reinforcements, and may not be done, is staggering.

Getting into the Superbowl is their floor each year. It's truly admirable, no matter how much you hate them. No taped run-throughs or deflated balls got them here. They are just plain and simply the best, most well-oiled machine there is. The degree to which other organizations can't even hold their jock is embarassing. If you really want to see what makes a winner, watch that "Do Your Job" doc.

I have no idea when the Jets can even dream of overtaking them. They are a dynasty to end all dynasties. The greatest we've ever seen in the history of sports. Not even close. 90s Yankees or Bulls come close.

DC

Getting this thread back on topic.

F the Pats.

Brady is 40+. The Pats just signed a bunch of guys that make them much better on paper. You know what didn't look good on paper? Chris Hogan. And that dude was unstoppable.

This team was built an unconvential way, it worked but they cheated a lot along the way.

That said, Belly is approaching 70. And Brady is 40. We can skip the Rex bluster about kissing rings. But this ride is ovah.

16 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

GUILTY. 

No Shame in the Internet Posting GAME.

BTW: Sincerely interested in Ad placement and possible  Banner Website Ad Sponsorship. What's the process? Please PM if this is a possibility. 

We just sold 100% of our inventory to a new top tier ad network (seriously). That is why no ads have been up the past few days. We are transitioning everything over soon.

But if you ever need anything promoted just send me a message. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Never went OFF TOPIC.

Just tell him to get off HIS KNEES When FACING THE PATS Face to Face.

:lol:

I get that you are trying to be funny. But please just let this go.

Just now, Maxman said:

We just sold 100% of our inventory to a new top tier ad network (seriously). That is why no ads have been up the past few days. We are transitioning everything over soon.

But if you ever need anything promoted just send me a message. Thanks.

Boo!

Just now, Maxman said:

I get that you are trying to be funny. But please just let this go.

Lol. I did.  If anything, and you should know this, posting at this hour is merely my typical fun inebriated online ramblings at the midnight hour.

I appreciate the work that is done here.  If my wine-sodden remarks irk you, I'll refrain until the 2017 regular seaon. 

6 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Lol. I did.  If anything, and you should know this, posting at this hour is merely my typical fun inebriated online ramblings at the midnight hour.

I appreciate the work that is done here.  If my wine-sodden remarks irk you, I'll refrain until the 2017 regular seaon. 

ad5699d237a5e3def284d7eddbac0af1_image-t

14 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

No need to over react.

I just don't like when people are told to leave the site. And given a link of where to go, lol.

18 minutes ago, Maxman said:

No need to over react.

I just don't like when people are told to leave the site. And given a link of where to go, lol.

Fair enough. Satisfying my paltry ego is sufficient to keep poking my head in, even if JUST the tip.

i like to push the envelope, but respect your website's parameters.  I didn't TELL, I MERELY suggested that CERTAIN BRAIN-DEAD CAPITULATIONS TO NE PATRIOT SUPERIORITY áre the equivalent to beIng a COMMATOSE BRAIN-DEAD IGNORAMUS thAt has NO PLACE HERE.. SIMPLY  the opinion of a typical 5-borough Native NYer ..............nothing more nor less .......

So............ QB in the 2nd or 5th round?

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Where do you park?

bunt cake on opening day to make it alright..........?

:DL 20 right upto the Lamppost. '95 MB White Wagon with a Kotite '95 Helmet on the rear. 

mbfgwbundt2.jpg

:D

33 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Where do you park?

:DL 20 right upto the Lamppost. '95 MB White Wagon with a Kotite '95 Helmet on the rear. 

mbfgwbundt2.jpg

I am in L7. My name is Joe. You can't miss me, I will be wearing the pilot helmet. Please send the cake there. :)

:cool:
just to be clear, that was an actual picture from an Australian supermarket butcher aisle. I concur it was HIGHLY suggestive, but NOT profane or graphic, merely implicative. 
I'll admit I could have been more subtle, but do you really want posters here capitulating to the opinion that the Pats are the GREATEST dynasty and even better than the 90's Yanks?!??!

that, on ANY Jets board is BLASPHEMY. 
b0b4q_s-200x150.gif

Actually your picture was aimed at a specific religious/ethnic group if you looked at it close enough and was extremely offensive. But I assume you knew that already.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

15 hours ago, Dcronin said:

DC

I think the Bulls are still a better dynasty.  They won 6 titles to the Pats 5.  And they probably would've won 7-8 had Jordan not switched to baseball in the middle.  But for football, I would say the Pats have even passed the 49ers and are having the greatest run in NFL history.

8 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Where do you park?

mbfgwbundt2.jpg

Is that Linda Lavin from Alice (and her son Tommy)?

Archived