Ranking every Head Coach in the NFL

Gangrene

27. Todd Bowles, Jets

List seems spot on. The rest is just fodder for conversation and generating clicks. But Bowles being absolute, complete last out of Head Coaches that have actually coached at least a year in the league? Yeah. Nailed it.

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

How can you have arguably the best QB in the game for the last 8 years and have only 1 SB appearance and ring, especially considering Brady and Manning were/are in the other conference. 

Not to mention a premier pass rusher. 

McCarthy, imo, is by far the mos overrated HC in football. 

...although half these coaches are total garbage. So there is that..

It's Prisco.

3 hours ago, HessStation said:

I think Drew Brees is bc of Sean Payton. 

I love Brees and he'd have been good to a point but how many 6 foot noodle arms make it to the HOF without the right system?

i love Sean Payton. Actually consider him underrated to a degree.

Brees noodle arm lol ...................what ?

You have it backwards....... without Brees Payton is nothing.

35 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Brees noodle arm lol ...................what ?

You have it backwards....... without Brees Payton is nothing.

It's just my opinion that Brees is a franchise caliber QB, Payton's system made him a HOF Qb. 

Noodle arm is a total exaggeration I'll admit.   Was never a canon though, nor did he need it to be, but just saying. 

6 hours ago, HessStation said:

I think Drew Brees is bc of Sean Payton. 

I love Brees and he'd have been good to a point but how many 6 foot noodle arms make it to the HOF without the right system?

i love Sean Payton. Actually consider him underrated to a degree.

Drew Brees is one of the most accurate QBs in NFL history.  As far as his arm goes, he's played in conditions that are ideal for a player with his arm strength.  He plays at least 9 games a year in a dome, one in TB and one in Charlotte.  None of these things has anything to do with Sean Payton.  Would he have been good if he had to play in the elements?  No.  But as it is, he's an all-time great QB.

I knew coaching in the NFL was bad but I didn't realize it was THIS bad!  Dan Quinn is ranked #12?  The same Dan Quinn who choked away the Superbowl by, amongst other things, not running the play clock down?!

The best (imo) are: Belichick, Harbaugh, Carroll

I'll put Sean Payton, Andy Reid, Bill O'Brien, and Bruce Arians in the next tier.

Pretty sure the rest are mostly "meh", retreads, bums or unprovens (e.g. Gase, McAdoo, Kyle Shanahan).

I know McCarthy and Tomlin didn't make my list but would you really be excited if the Jets got either?  Can these guys turn around a bad team?

8 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Gase is overrated but I can understand someone buying into the hype after one year.

McCarthy at 2 makes me wonder if he's ever watched the Packers play.

Phins are going to take a step back next year ditto for the Vikings 

8 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Prisco ranks Andy Reid ahead of Pete Carroll? Does he want to be mocked?

Reid who never won a super bowl and McCarthy who only has won 1 with arguably the league's best qb playing for him

If Pete Carroll runs it with Lynch on the 1-inch line in the Super Bowl he beats Belicheater head to head.  In addition he beat Belicheater this season head2head

8 hours ago, thadude said:

Phins are going to take a step back next year ditto for the Vikings 

Hope you are right about Miami but I don't see them taking a step back at all. They improved their o-line and secondary. It's all on Tannehill and he improved under Gase. I hate the Fins more than anyone but I don't see them falling off, unless Tannehill gets the shakes over getting hit in the knee again. He was crying on the sideline after he came back from the locker room guess he thought he tore his ACL and MCL. He ended up not even needing surgery which they said could make his knee slightly weaker so he might be a little hesitant.

6 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Hope you are right about Miami but I don't see them taking a step back at all. They improved their o-line and secondary. It's all on Tannehill and he improved under Gase. I hate the Fins more than anyone but I don't see them falling off, unless Tannehill gets the shakes over getting hit in the knee again. He was crying on the sideline after he came back from the locker room guess he thought he tore his ACL and MCL. He ended up not even needing surgery which they said could make his knee slightly weaker so he might be a little hesitant.

It's all about the Qb.  Tannehill will do a Ryan Fitzpatrick next season

3 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Hope you are right. I am already hearing enough sh*t talking how the Fins will be in the super bowl this year. It pathetic with these Fins fans down here.

Tannehill and Matt Moore can't win a playoff game, let alone get to a super bowl.

Fins had a couple very lucky wins last season they easily could have gone 8-8 or 7-9

We actually had a decent roster last season but incompetent qb play sunk us the same will happen in miami

Just now, thadude said:

Tannehill and Matt Moore can't win a playoff game, let alone get to a super bowl.

Fins had a couple very lucky wins last season they easily could have gone 8-8 or 7-9

You are spot on. They only beat one team that was above .500 during their winning streak. 

2 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

You are spot on. They only beat one team that was above .500 during their winning streak. 

They basically had the same season we had in 2015.  Tannehill barely beat the Browns at home in overtime and he got lucky we couldn't get out of our own way 

Archived