The Jets will start 4 and 1: MERGED

Maxman

On 4/22/2017 at 8:28 AM, Barkus said:

I would be surprised if jets are better than 1-4 after first 5 games. Unless petty and hack really show something this looks like a 2-4 win season.

"..2 - 4 win season ".. so we're playing the cleveland browns more than once this season  ?...  cool ! !     :wub:

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/22/2017 at 8:38 AM, RoadFan said:

The Jets fans that have hope for Hackenberg probably donate their money to a con artist in faith-healing tent.

Drafting that guy in the 2nd round is maddeningly inexcusable.

I like the sack at :51

• 3 weeks later...

just going down the schedule, I have 

Win at Buffalo

Loss at Raiders

Win vs Miami

Win Vs Jax

Win at Browns

??? vs Patriots

4-1 and a game for first place at home against New England.....will you guys be pissed that we aren't "sucking for Sam?"

At what point do the dreams of a franchise QB take a backseat to playing in meaningful games??  You never know in sports, remember how good the Mets were supposed to be this year and how bad the Yankees were gonna suck??

2 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Petty will be looking pretty good by then...and then we will see all the hacks trying to rewrite history on how they viewed him.

I'm willing right now for you to place in stone that on this day, May 10, 2017, I believe Petty and Hack to be talentless putzes.  Neither of which will amount to anything resembling a competent NFL QB.

18 minutes ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Win at Buffalo

Loss at Raiders

Win vs Miami

Win Vs Jax

Win at Browns

??? vs Patriots

4-1 and a game for first place at home against New England.....will you guys be pissed that we aren't "sucking for Sam?"

At what point do the dreams of a franchise QB take a backseat to playing in meaningful games??  You never know in sports, remember how good the Mets were supposed to be this year and how bad the Yankees were gonna suck??

__HighHorse.jpg

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I'm willing right now for you to place in stone that on this day, May 10, 2017, I believe Petty and Hack to be talentless putzes.  Neither of which will amount to anything resembling a competent NFL QB.

wow...stone? thats like forever

4 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Put me down for this too.

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

and by the remote chance either do will you carry this stone around your neck? or what exactly happens with this stone?

2 minutes ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

get off the snapchat and KIK and know your history gentlemen.......when was the last time went into a year expecting a top 3 draft pick and actually get it?? never

True, but this MAY be the first time the organization is actively trying to finish with a top 3 pick. 

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

It could happen it will then validate the happy happy joy joy folks and then the team will tank the rest of the season and miss out on the best Qb in next year s draft.

then again maybe it wont happen and it will then validate the sad sad always mad folks or the poopy doopy droopy club or the ......

1 minute ago, SickJetFan said:

then again maybe it wont happen and it will then validate the sad sad always mad folks or the poopy doopy droopy club or the ......

history, facts and % are all on our sides.  Keep buying lotto tickets though for your retirement savings.

39 minutes ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

4-1 gets us to 4-12 so I'm not sure why this would excite anyone.

SAR I

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

Well... we play them without a real QB so there! :)

Sadly, Josh Mcown is just as good or better than 4 of the 5 qb's we will face during that stretch of games.......tell me I'm wrong?

(I know someone is gonna make the case for Ryan Tannehill but he is dirt)

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yeah too bad the season isn't 5 games long otherwise we'd be damn golden.

This isn't the season for predictions or posturing.  For fans, this is a relaxed, kicked-back, laissez-faire, no pressure season where we simply are interested observers, going to see how the new players perform and the old players behave. 

The next season where we have to meticulously count our wins and losses in an attempt to secure a postseason berth will be 2020.

SAR I

1 hour ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Win at Buffalo

Loss at Raiders

Win vs Miami

Win Vs Jax

Win at Browns

??? vs Patriots

I am merging this with my 4 and 1 thread.

:)

Just now, SAR I said:

This isn't the season for predictions or posturing.  For fans, this is a relaxed, kicked-back, laissez-faire, no pressure season where we simply are interested observers, going to see how the new players perform and the old players behave. 

The next season where we have to meticulously count our wins and losses in an attempt to secure a postseason berth will be 2020.

SAR I

This is exactly right. This year is to obverse and pick out who will be long term players here. To create playmakers and solid role players. We get lucky we have an abundance of both with most these question mark players. 

36 minutes ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

get off the snapchat and KIK and know your history gentlemen.......when was the last time went into a year expecting a top 3 draft pick and actually get it?? never

Browns get it every year. Or so it seems. 

1 hour ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Win at Buffalo

Loss at Raiders

Win vs Miami

Win Vs Jax

Win at Browns

??? vs Patriots

They'll be 1-4.  Then 1-5 and thinking about a top 3 pick...  in October.

Archived