The Jets will start 4 and 1: MERGED

Maxman

On 4/21/2017 at 2:01 AM, Maxman said:

It isn't a troll thread. Everyone is waiving white flags, giving up.

I am serious when I say this team is going to be much better than everyone thinks. People can laugh at me, that is fine.

Time will prove me right.

BUMP.

From April.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The Jets are 3 and 2. (I said 4 and 1 and yes I was over zealous).

Anyhow people are now changing the story. They beat bad teams they say.

Guess what? Many of you spent all offseason telling us the Jets were the worst team. Not that they won 3 of the first 5 the story is changing yet none of the tank crowd is admitting they are wrong.

This is why you root for the Jets to win. because you are now mad when they win and when they lose. Why even be a football fan at that point?

Just so you know, I am happy the Jets won . I was afraid we were going to lose to the Browns, but after watching that game, I can honestly say the Browns have better talent than the Jets .  I watched Josh McCown lose a game just like this to the Jets when he was the QB of the Browns and today he wins the same type of game for the Jets .

The Jets had the opportunity to take Russell Wilson, Derek Carr, Teddy Bridgewater, Deshaun Watson,  Jimmy G, Dax Prescott and even a player like Jacoby Brissett  . Not a single one of these players did the Jets needed to trade up for . 

A Franchise QB will be available to the Jets again, they just have to be willing to pull the trigger .

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The Jets are 3 and 2. (I said 4 and 1 and yes I was over zealous).

Anyhow people are now changing the story. They beat bad teams they say.

Guess what? Many of you spent all offseason telling us the Jets were the worst team. Not that they won 3 of the first 5 the story is changing yet none of the tank crowd is admitting they are wrong.

This is why you root for the Jets to win. because you are now mad when they win and when they lose. Why even be a football fan at that point?

The 2017 Jets just won a game where McCown to Jeremy Kerley and Jermaine Kearse was the offense, and Mo Claiborne and Demario Davis were the only notable players on defense. None of those players were draft picks, and none of them will be here in two years. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The 2017 Jets just won a game where McCown to Jeremy Kerley and Jermaine Kearse was the offense, and Mo Claiborne and Demario Davis were the only notable players on defense. None of those players were draft picks, and none of them will be here in two years. 

Shut up T0m, we're in first place!

Other than McCown, why won't they be here? They are all 27 or younger? 

So we wont be re-signing any of them in free agency? 

17 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Narrative: The Jets are going to be the worst team in football.

Narrative Proven False.

New Narrative: Let's change the topic and start making jokes so people don't realize how wrong they are.  :)

Keep hating Tommy Boy. I sit in the lower level end zone, $2,500 PSL seats, two of them. Paying them off over 15 years, go the bill this week. Still have $3,284.21 left to pay them off. 

I will keep chipping away. Keep rooting for this team. Being a Jets fan means it will never be easy. That is what we signed up for. I am okay with that, quit isn't a word I use.

What happened?

image.png

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

In another 4-5 weeks, the entire forum will be in agreement with the tank crowd.

Kearse will be here in two years. The Jets also have a very young offensive line that is playing much better than people said they were capable of. People said Wesley Johnson was going to be terrible. The running game struggled today but the oline is better than advertised. 

McGuire played most of the game at RB.

Williams, Lee, Maye and Adams are all pretty damn young on defense.

Oh and the team has like 110 million in cap room next year.

They are rebuilding, no doubt. They are rebuilding the right way. McCown won't be out there all year. But they are 3 and 2. And everyone said that wasn't possible.

Fire everyone they said. Start over again they said.

Guess what? Not happening. Bowles and Macc will be back.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Marcus Maye was pretty notable today.

He was another one that everyone said was a mistake.

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Austin Seferian-Jenkins is 25 years old. His touchdown was pretty notable.

10 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Bowles and Macc will be back

As was Herm, and Rex. The narrative will be all about “rebuilding” until it inevitably turns into “Man, if only they had a quarterback, and weapons, and a pass rusher, and a lead back, and...” 

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Marcus Maye who got an INT with the Browns at the Jets' 4 yard line wasn't notable?

Darron Lee, who I've also been down on, playing his best game as a pro isn't notable?

ASJ making several athletic catches to keep drives alive isn't notable?

Just now, T0mShane said:

I didn’t actually see most of the game, but are we saying that Darron Lee’s five tackles were super-redemptive? 

As somebody who has said it’s almost time to give up on Lee, I’ll admit he had some impressive moments today with a couple of TFL’s partly because he didn’t hesitate as he has in the past to shoot the gap and get to that ball carrier.

That being said, he screwed the pooch earlier in the game with a killer hands to the face flag right before the dude toasted him.

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

As somebody who has said it’s almost time to give up on Lee, I’ll admit he had some impressive moments today with a couple of TFL’s partly because he didn’t hesitate as he has in the past to shoot the gap and get to that ball carrier.

That being said, he screwed the pooch earlier in the game with a killer hands to the face flag right before the dude toasted him.

While we're being fair to Lee, I'll take that penalty to prevent a TD over being toasted for TD 10 times out of 10.

That said, I'd bet that Lee didn't commit a hold/hands to the face because he knew he was going to get burned, he probably did it because he sucks in coverage.

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I didn’t actually see most of the game, but are we saying that Darron Lee’s five tackles were super-redemptive? 

There is no crow to eat on Darron Lee (That is to the previous post that said you had to eat crow).

Lee has been bad. Today he was good.

No crow to eat, just good news for Jets fans.

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I hesitate to criticize Lee. I was listening to the game on the radio (Wischusen and Lyons suuuuuck) and it sounded like he was having a tough time early. If you guys say he looked solid today, I’ll take your words for it.

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You missed the game? I thought you stopped going out once they closed down the ESPN Zone?  :)

Just now, T0mShane said:

I hesitate to criticize Lee. I was listening to the game on the radio (Wischusen and Lyons suuuuuck) and it sounded like he was having a tough time early. If you guys say he looked solid today, I’ll take your words for it.

He was good today. Bad penalty but as was said, he got beat on the play so it turned out to be a good penalty.

Had the best play I have seen from him with a big tackle behind the LOS. He was good today. I have been down on him, so it was encouraging.

44 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Kerley and Davis were both drafted by the Jets.  

Archived