17 Jets are better then 16 Jets

kevinc855

11 hours ago, jamesr said:

I'd love to hear which 4 or 5 games we were very close in / only a couple of plays away from winning. Cincy and the Rams fair enough, that's two.

Chiefs destroyed us
Colts destroyed us
Phins destroyed us (second time round)
Pats destroyed us (second time round)
Hawks destroyed us

Ok the flip side ... we were one or two plays away from losing to Cleveland, San Francisco, Bills (first time around).

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

okay, the first doltfins game they were leading when the doltfins scored a td on the second kickoff after allen was called offsides.  there's every reason to believe they would've won that game if not for the return.  in the first patsie game they were leading and stupid pass coverage let the patsies win. when a team has a negative turnover ratio, it's very difficult to win.  and inasmuch as people want to finger point at fitz for this, the real reason is because the jets just couldn't create turnovers. and then when you talk about teams like the doltfins and the patsies the second time around you also have to factor in them being in the race and the jets out of it at that point in the season.  8-8 was not out of the realm of possibilities.

On 4/21/2017 at 4:47 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Holy **** are there some delusional folks in this fanbase.....Wow.

If you don't already understand how 8-8 is worse than 2-14 for this team, I don't know what to tell you. Even the Jets get it. Why do you think they brought in Mr 2-14 McCown himself?

The jets aren't going to be the worse team this year, a worse jets team last year won 5 games. Get it out of your head that Sam darnold will walk on water and somehow appear in a jets locker room. Acceptance of this will help you find peace and ummm actually do what a fan does, root for their team to win

18 hours ago, rangerous said:

okay, the first doltfins game they were leading when the doltfins scored a td on the second kickoff after allen was called offsides.  there's every reason to believe they would've won that game if not for the return.  in the first patsie game they were leading and stupid pass coverage let the patsies win. when a team has a negative turnover ratio, it's very difficult to win.  and inasmuch as people want to finger point at fitz for this, the real reason is because the jets just couldn't create turnovers. and then when you talk about teams like the doltfins and the patsies the second time around you also have to factor in them being in the race and the jets out of it at that point in the season.  8-8 was not out of the realm of possibilities.

Leading in a game doesn't mean we "should have won it" - especially against the Patsies, that's their MO, they play the full 60 minutes better than any other team in the league.

If you argue that 8-8 wasn't outside the realm of possibility, I'd argue that neither was 2-14. This isn't a team that lost games due to a few fluke plays / bad refereeing decisions. This was a team that was lucky not to get blown out more often than it did. In my opinion.

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 7:47 PM, Lupz27 said:

Yeah McCown leading the Jets to a 8-8, or better season would be a disaster, BUT if Petty, Hack, or a drafted QB lead the Jets to a promising 8-8 season. or better looking the part it would be awesome, and trust me I would sell my Kidney for the Jets to have a chance to draft Darnold, but the next best thing would be for the 2nd scenario I listed.  McCown should only see the field if both Petty, and Hack (and if the Jets draft a QB early) are injured, and unable to play.

I agree with this completely.  Petty or Hack leading this shadow of a team to 8-8 or better most likely means we don't need a QB in '18.  And no matter how much you guys think D'Arnold or another guys is the next Elway, you just can't tell.  So many of those guys fall off the map in their last year.  For every Peyton Manning, there are several guys who started their last season as sure top-5 picks and finished looking up at the bottom of the first round.

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

The jets aren't going to be the worse team this year, a worse jets team last year won 5 games. Get it out of your head that Sam darnold will walk on water and somehow appear in a jets locker room. Acceptance of this will help you find peace and ummm actually do what a fan does, root for their team to win

Tried that for 40 years. Didn't work. Tired of waiting and rooting for embarrassing garbage.

Archived