Jets \ Tampa 11/12/17 - anyone going?

Maxman

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/6/2017 at 10:12 AM, kevinc855 said:

Hey I just booked my flight me and my wife but have no tickets yet. Where is everyone meeting before game

On 10/23/2017 at 2:07 PM, Matt39 said:

75 a head for the Tampa tailgate? Jeeze.

12 hours ago, gEYno said:

Yeah, aggressive for a game that starts at 1pm.  Gonna pass.

I am leaning towards doing a friends kind of tailgate. You guys qualify as friends. 

Let's talk about it closer to the game, I have to make sure I get down there in the RV in one piece. But I will be tailgating so getting some people from the site tailgating with us would be cool.

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

I am leaning towards doing a friends kind of tailgate. You guys qualify as friends. 

Let's talk about it closer to the game, I have to make sure I get down there in the RV in one piece. But I will be tailgating so getting some people from the site tailgating with us would be cool.

$55, recurring?  For the same food and drink I can get for free, elsewhere?

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

$55, recurring?  For the same food and drink I can get for free, elsewhere?

For the record, the food might be the same elsewhere but we also have Canizarro articles that will happen once every 8 years and an expanded private message inbox. So, if you can't see the value then you are the only one lol.

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 11:11 PM, Maxman said:

In for 6. Sister and brother in law are joining me and the 3 boys.

Question on tickets, most of them out there are "mobile tickets" and you need to use your phone. Has anyone used these? Do I put all 6 tickets on my phone or somehow send them to everyone else going?

Looking at the tickets for this weeks Carolina game they are going for as low as $27. and $44 for section 336 on the 50 yard line. may pay to wait another week.

45 minutes ago, NEWNYJETS said:

Question on tickets, most of them out there are "mobile tickets" and you need to use your phone. Has anyone used these? Do I put all 6 tickets on my phone or somehow send them to everyone else going?

I have used mobile tickets, but I have usually just used them for two seats and both of us were together heading to the game so I was not worried about splitting them up.  I am pretty sure I remember seeing an option to "Share" the tickets and send them to another phone so you don't all have to arrive together.  Given the option, I would much rather use a paper ticket -- I have always wondered what happens if there is a problem with my phone when I get to the game. 

Although my wife did once throw our paper tickets to the Georgia-Florida game in the wash a few days before the game when she forgot she had picked them up earlier in the day and still had them in her pocket.  I guess there are drawbacks to either.

On 10/26/2017 at 11:56 AM, NEWNYJETS said:

In for 6. Sister and brother in law are joining me and the 3 boys.

Looking at the tickets for this weeks Carolina game they are going for as low as $27. and $44 for section 336 on the 50 yard line. may pay to wait another week.

Yeah I am waiting until it is a little closer as well.

21 hours ago, Maxman said:

We have room for a few people to tailgate with us. Anyone interested?

Would like to meet up and see said RV, toss a ball around and drink beer. Again, we are a reservation of 6 if you can accommodate us. If not we will just walk around until we hunt you down. No need to worry about food for us if it's too much work.

4 hours ago, NEWNYJETS said:

Would like to meet up and see said RV, toss a ball around and drink beer. Again, we are a reservation of 6 if you can accommodate us. If not we will just walk around until we hunt you down. No need to worry about food for us if it's too much work.

I am going to have to call the Bucs. I had read months ago that you can park an RV in lot 14. It looks like they partnered with an RV dealer and I am reading different things. One site says the lot opens 3.5 hours before kickoff. Another site says they open a half hour earlier than the regular lots.

Pretty confusing, so I will try to figure out where I will be and we are more than happy to have Jets fans join us. We can sort out the logistics once I get the parking pass.

I am always up to get ripped off but $212.50 for 3.5 hours of tailgating is a bit much. Hopefully they have better options than that.  :)

image.png

also, when i went to peabodys for the thursday night game they were talking about a saturday night event.  Marty Lyons and someone else are scheduled to show.  It was kinda loud and cant be 100% sure that this is saturday night at peabodys.  Will try to check into it sometime this week and post here.

Max, a lot of people party/tailgate in al lopez park. It is either free, or under $15 bucks to park there. i think cars are free. Maybe $5 at worst. It is located just a hair north of the actual rv parking field. I dont know too much about it but I know a lot of people have tailgate parties there.

Just now, section314 said:

I am trying to get our tix for Sunday. Can't  you just print out tickets anymore from Stubhub?  Is it all mobile> Not Mr. technology here:D

idk about how you get tix.  last tix i bought on line i litteraly went to the gate with the card i bought the tix with.  downside was everyone that i had bought tix with had to be present.  wasnt like if i bought tix for 6 of us and 5 could get in if 1 person was late....  other than that it was ezpz

1 minute ago, whodeawhodat said:

idk about how you get tix.  last tix i bought on line i litteraly went to the gate with the card i bought the tix with.  downside was everyone that i had bought tix with had to be present.  wasnt like if i bought tix for 6 of us and 5 could get in if 1 person was late....  other than that it was ezpz

tnx.  

On 11/6/2017 at 2:44 PM, HighPitch said:

anyone have tickets? they are down to 41 bucks on stub hub but i may pay more for the company

havent gotten mine yet but i am def going.  looks like my connection with the bucs isnt going to pan out so I am checking stubhub every so often.  be willing to sit with posters from here.

On 11/6/2017 at 2:36 PM, HighPitch said:

Max, a lot of people party/tailgate in al lopez park. It is either free, or under $15 bucks to park there. i think cars are free. Maybe $5 at worst. It is located just a hair north of the actual rv parking field. I dont know too much about it but I know a lot of people have tailgate parties there.

Thank you. I have messages out, trying to get more info. Much appreciated.

6 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

I havent gotten tix yet so if anyone wants to include me with their group of decent seats inbox me.  100% going just dont know where i am going to sit. my buddy from SW Florida wont make it so it is just me :) 

We haven't purchased ours yet, I think 7 in total. I will let you know where we end up. Power in numbers.

So I called the Bucs. They say call ticketmaster. The # they gave me says go online. I go online and there are no RV parking passes on sale for this game. The only one I see on the secondary market is $225.

I will call the # again later, maybe they will be accepting calls by then.

Archived