Jump to content

Jets \ Tampa 11/12/17 - anyone going?


Maxman
 Share

Recommended Posts

St Pete has a bunch of small breweries all within walking distance of each other. cool area, and a short Uber ride to the stadium. We usually stay in Madeira Beach in a NO KIDS hotel  but that's a bit far to the stadium. St Pete is a fun area.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

 

I love Tampa, I am there often. I catch a Rangers game annually, a Yankees Rays game etc but the downtown is not very vibrant. The football stadium is a few miles from downtown.  I love down towns like Nashville and Charlotte where it is all contained in the city.

Ill probably go to the Tampa game, stay at St Petes Beach. Arrive Friday, make a trip out of it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oh yeah, Tampa is a run down sh*t hole for the most part.  Especially downtown.  That said, there are some nice pockets around town.  St. Pete is fun for sure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

 

I love Tampa, I am there often. I catch a Rangers game annually, a Yankees Rays game etc but the downtown is not very vibrant. The football stadium is a few miles from downtown.  I love down towns like Nashville and Charlotte where it is all contained in the city.

Ill probably go to the Tampa game, stay at St Petes Beach. Arrive Friday, make a trip out of it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was pulling for the lightning to make the playoffs so i could catch a game, the playoff atmosphere is great by the arena.  I would rather go out in downtown st.pete over downtown tampa.  St.Pete has really made strides these past couple of years.  lots of nightlife. 

 

st.pete beach:

Basil Leaf for great noodles and the mexican place across the street from there is very good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Oh yeah, Tampa is a run down sh*t hole for the most part.  Especially downtown.  That said, there are some nice pockets around town.  St. Pete is fun for sure. 

well coming from someone that stays in Jax i am deeply offended :P

If you are downtown, check out The Hub for a hole in the wall with the strongest drinks in tampa.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

well coming from someone that stays in Jax i am deeply offended :P

If you are downtown, check out The Hub for a hole in the wall with the strongest drinks in tampa.

haha - Downtown Jax might be worse than Tampa.  That said, Shad Khan has invested a lot into gentrifying downtown.  It's on the up and up.  The Riverside area has become something really cool now.  Tons of residential mixed in with retail, restaurants and bars.  Great little area you can walk around and get a solid variety.  Similar to Tampa, Jax has it pockets of greatness but because of the size of the city, it's just a bit more spread out than Tampa.  I mean, Jax Beach living is the best Florida has to offer IMO.  

Both cool cities though.  Both on the upswing.  They are the only cities I'd live at in the state.  

Check out these 2 great articles for Jax and Tampa.  Our markets are booming!!!! 

https://www.forbes.com/pictures/feki45egmef/10-cities-americans-are/#4593e084617f

https://www.forbes.com/sites/samanthasharf/2017/01/10/full-list-where-to-invest-in-housing-in-2017/#40ba753654c9

 

 

  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

haha - Downtown Jax might be worse than Tampa.  That said, Shad Khan has invested a lot into gentrifying downtown.  It's on the up and up.  The Riverside area has become something really cool now.  Tons of residential mixed in with retail, restaurants and bars.  Great little area you can walk around and get a solid variety.  Similar to Tampa, Jax has it pockets of greatness but because of the size of the city, it's just a bit more spread out than Tampa.  I mean, Jax Beach living is the best Florida has to offer IMO.  

Both cool cities though.  Both on the upswing.  They are the only cities I'd live at in the state.  

Check out these 2 great articles for Jax and Tampa.  Our markets are booming!!!! 

https://www.forbes.com/pictures/feki45egmef/10-cities-americans-are/#4593e084617f

https://www.forbes.com/sites/samanthasharf/2017/01/10/full-list-where-to-invest-in-housing-in-2017/#40ba753654c9

 

 

  

I'll check it out when we get that fancy hi speed railway connecting tampa, orlando, jax, miami and ft.myers.

 

Tampa is very strange that it seems every 2 blocks the area goes from nice to down right dangerous. *visitors be warned*

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

I'll check it out when we get that fancy hi speed railway connecting tampa, orlando, jax, miami and ft.myers.

 

Tampa is very strange that it seems every 2 blocks the area goes from nice to down right dangerous. *visitors be warned*

Yes it does. A lot of really nice on top of really bad. But that's true in most cities...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Flying down on the 9th with 2 sons from CT, 3rd son driving up from WPB and will be our chauffer. Sister has a beach house in Gulfport she is letting us use. Never been down there before but looks like a fun area. Return home Monday night. I'll ask if there is room for camper in driveway!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 2:13 PM, Jetfan13 said:

St Pete has a bunch of small breweries all within walking distance of each other. cool area, and a short Uber ride to the stadium. We usually stay in Madeira Beach in a NO KIDS hotel  but that's a bit far to the stadium. St Pete is a fun area.

 

Not sure I trust your hotel choices after the KC fiasco 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

Not sure I trust your hotel choices after the KC fiasco 

Did he make you cuddle with him in a dumpster as well? I am not going to fall for that trick a 4th time.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, NEWNYJETS said:

Flying down on the 9th with 2 sons from CT, 3rd son driving up from WPB and will be our chauffer. Sister has a beach house in Gulfport she is letting us use. Never been down there before but looks like a fun area. Return home Monday night. I'll ask if there is room for camper in driveway!

That will be a nice trip!

Trips with your sons to see the Jets, that is going to be a lot of fun!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/22/2017 at 3:25 PM, NEWNYJETS said:

Flying down on the 9th with 2 sons from CT, 3rd son driving up from WPB and will be our chauffer. Sister has a beach house in Gulfport she is letting us use. Never been down there before but looks like a fun area. Return home Monday night. I'll ask if there is room for camper in driveway!

Gulfport is sort of a run down but up and coming arts fartsy place. Could be worse. Youll b close to downtown st pete, which is heaven plus great beaches. 

Tampa is 99 percent slum. Downtown is a bore. Dont expect much. 

If anyone wants advice, get a cheap rental car and stay in downtown st pete. Drive the 35 minutes to the stadium

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/25/2017 at 10:55 AM, Matt39 said:

@gEYno what he said. I'd stay in Channelsode as well. If there's a Lightning home game it's a great atmosphere. If you wanted to be closer to the stadium I'd stay by the airport, but there's less to do.

Theres NOTHING to do at the airport. 

Theres NOTHING to do downtown. 

CHANNSIDE is decent.... Ybor is a lil new orleans type place worth going. 

Your best bet, again, is beautiful downtowns st pete just across the bridge. Nice waterfront, parks, marina, museums bars restaurants, events, live music

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

Theres NOTHING to do at the airport. 

Theres NOTHING to do downtown. 

CHANNSIDE is decent.... Ybor is a lil new orleans type place worth going. 

Your best bet, again, is beautiful downtowns st pete just across the bridge. Nice waterfront, parks, marina, museums bars restaurants, events, live music

 

If you're with the wife Hyde Park has enough to do. Good shopping and restaurants. Bar Taco and On Swann are both great imo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/29/2017 at 3:12 PM, slowmoe57 said:

Officially in -- Game and Airline tix are taken care of --

Where is everyone sitting? I took off from work, my son got off from work so I am going. Booking the RV park this week.

Have to figure out how to break the drive up. Going to leave Thursday night and drive as far as I can.

@JoeC36 did you buy game tickets yet? If so, where are you sitting?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/4/2017 at 5:30 PM, Maxman said:

Where is everyone sitting? I took off from work, my son got off from work so I am going. Booking the RV park this week.

Have to figure out how to break the drive up. Going to leave Thursday night and drive as far as I can.

@JoeC36 did you buy game tickets yet? If so, where are you sitting?

Had an unfortunate issue come up and wasnt able to book the trip

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

If anyone is interested, I have 3 extra tickets for the Jets-Bucs game.  I have a group of 7 going to the game - was able to buy 10 group seats for about the same cost as 7 individual tickets.  Sect 335, Upper Deck, midfield, Jets sideline.  Face value is $75 each.  PM me if interested.

20015.jpg

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Matt39 @southparkcpa @whodeawhodat @JiF

Flights booked.  Coming in Friday AM and leaving Sunday PM.  Gonna stay at that Marriot on the water in Channelside.  Got a pretty reasonable rate.

I'm thinking Bern's for dinner Saturday and maybe bartaco (which I looked up - I've been to one of the CT ones and it's great) Friday night?  Or, is there something else that's more of a low-key but interesting spot for Friday night and maybe bartaco lunch on Saturday?  Datz brunch pregame?

Won't get tickets till probably 24hours before the game - done that every year and it's always successful.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, gEYno said:

@Matt39 @southparkcpa @whodeawhodat @JiF

Flights booked.  Coming in Friday AM and leaving Sunday PM.  Gonna stay at that Marriot on the water in Channelside.  Got a pretty reasonable rate.

I'm thinking Bern's for dinner Saturday and maybe bartaco (which I looked up - I've been to one of the CT ones and it's great) Friday night?  Or, is there something else that's more of a low-key but interesting spot for Friday night and maybe bartaco lunch on Saturday?  Datz brunch pregame?

Won't get tickets till probably 24hours before the game - done that every year and it's always successful.

Bartaco Friday night will be a good bet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

@Matt39 @southparkcpa @whodeawhodat @JiF

Flights booked.  Coming in Friday AM and leaving Sunday PM.  Gonna stay at that Marriot on the water in Channelside.  Got a pretty reasonable rate.

I'm thinking Bern's for dinner Saturday and maybe bartaco (which I looked up - I've been to one of the CT ones and it's great) Friday night?  Or, is there something else that's more of a low-key but interesting spot for Friday night and maybe bartaco lunch on Saturday?  Datz brunch pregame?

Won't get tickets till probably 24hours before the game - done that every year and it's always successful.

I can't go...  same weekend as CHarlotte marathon...   google Tampa Bay Jets club and they do a HUGE tailgate event , beer, food etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gEYno said:

@Matt39 @southparkcpa @whodeawhodat @JiF

Flights booked.  Coming in Friday AM and leaving Sunday PM.  Gonna stay at that Marriot on the water in Channelside.  Got a pretty reasonable rate.

I'm thinking Bern's for dinner Saturday and maybe bartaco (which I looked up - I've been to one of the CT ones and it's great) Friday night?  Or, is there something else that's more of a low-key but interesting spot for Friday night and maybe bartaco lunch on Saturday?  Datz brunch pregame?

Won't get tickets till probably 24hours before the game - done that every year and it's always successful.

I'll try to hook up with you Sat night.  Probably wont be till after dinner though.  Will be up for a pregame meet up fo sho!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/4/2017 at 5:30 PM, Maxman said:

Where is everyone sitting? I took off from work, my son got off from work so I am going. Booking the RV park this week.

Have to figure out how to break the drive up. Going to leave Thursday night and drive as far as I can.

@JoeC36 did you buy game tickets yet? If so, where are you sitting?

I used to stop at "South of the Border" to break up the trip.  I dont think i ever actually stayed there.  Been a couple of decades since i made the drive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/27/2017 at 8:12 AM, slowmoe57 said:

So some are calling for a national NFL boycott Nov 12th.  Still going.

Yeah I am definitely going. My son might be flying back on Sunday. I am thinking of extending the trip a bit and taking a few days to drive home.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...