why they don't fit

Tinstar

Leonard Fournette  - Jets have a ton of cap space tied up in 2 Rbs both of whom could be their feature back for the coming season . Fournette is a far better runner, but at this position this pick becomes a luxury .

Jonathan Allen -  This position takes up more cap  space than even the RB position, so hard pass

Malik Hooker -  Injured heading into the draft and hasn't worked out, so not a chance

Jamal Adams -  Absolute best fit, but I can't do it so here's hoping he's gone  .

Marcus Lattimore  -  See Adams and his history with foot injuries at CB .

OJ Howard - Great Fit, but like Adams,  I can't see  doing this at this position

Mitch Trubisky - Very little money and proven talent at this position so selling it to the owner with the knowledge that this player won't start becomes the issue ,

Derek Barnett -  excellent edge rusher, but might be a better fit in the 43 .

Charles Harris - Excellent edge rusher who needs to get stronger, and a fit for the 34

Trade down, Trubisky or Harris is where I'm going . 

13 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Leonard Fournette  - Jets have a ton of cap space tied up in 2 Rbs both of whom could be their feature back for the coming season . Fournette is a far better runner, but at this position this pick becomes a luxury .

Jonathan Allen -  This position takes up more cap  space than even the RB position, so hard pass

Malik Hooker -  Injured heading into the draft and hasn't worked out, so not a chance

Jamal Adams -  Absolute best fit, but I can't do it so here's hoping he's gone  .

Marcus Lattimore  -  See Adams and his history with foot injuries at CB .

OJ Howard - Great Fit, but like Adams,  I can't see  doing this at this position

Mitch Trubisky - Very little money and proven talent at this position so selling it to the owner with the knowledge that this player won't start becomes the issue ,

Derek Barnett -  excellent edge rusher, but might be a better fit in the 43 .

Charles Harris - Excellent edge rusher who needs to get stronger, and a fit for the 34

Trade down, Trubisky or Harris is where I'm going . 

I love you Tinstar and enjoy talking Football with you.  But I dont think we could see this draft more differently.

The 2 players I want absolutely nothing to do with: Trubisky and Harris.

<3

41 minutes ago, thadude said:

Bowles won't be here after December 

I don't really care one way or the other . What I care about is who replaces him should that happen, and how that person plan on using the players that are currently on the defensive side of the ball .

47 minutes ago, JiF said:

I love you Tinstar and enjoy talking Football with you.  But I dont think we could see this draft more differently.

The 2 players I want absolutely nothing to do with: Trubisky and Harris.

<3

Well I can understand why you would take Watson over Trubisky, but what do you have against Harris and if he's gone and Adams is gone, who's your pick ?

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Well I can understand why you would take Watson over Trubisky, but what do you have against Harris and if he's gone and Adams is gone, who's your pick ?

The edge rusher position is one of the few that I truly do look at the data because it's been pretty fail proof and Harris doesnt have the explosion criteria that succeeds in the NFL. I also fear that because he's really just a pass rusher and doesnt add much value in the run game, that those measurements are even more meaningful.  Then you factor not a ton of production in school that went backward last year and it's a huge red flag for me.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

The edge rusher position is one of the few that I truly do look at the data because it's been pretty fail proof and Harris doesnt have the explosion criteria that succeeds in the NFL. I also fear that because he's really just a pass rusher and doesnt add much value in the run game, that those measurements are even more meaningful.  Then you factor not a ton of production in school that went backward last year and it's a huge red flag for me.

If he was a finish product, we would not be having this conversation  . Right now, this guy does 1 thing well, and that's rush the passer. . If I had my preference, I would take Trubisky in the 1st and Willis in the 2nd  .

1 minute ago, Tinstar said:

If he was a finish product, we would not be having this conversation  . Right now, this guy does 1 thing well, and that's rush the passer. . If I had my preference, I would take Trubisky in the 1st and Willis in the 2nd  .

If Harris was a finished product?  Meaning if he stayed another year or you just referencing that he's only been playing Football for a handful of years?

I love Willis in the 2nd.   

Just now, JiF said:

If Harris was a finished product?  Meaning if he stayed another year or you just referencing that he's only been playing Football for a handful of years?

I love Willis in the 2nd.   

He's not strong enough yet to set the edge against the run, but he's quick enough to get to the QB. My hope is he gets bigger and stronger in 2 yrs .

Archived