Draft Contest: Winner gets $50 Amazon Giftcard

Fibonacci

CONTEST IS OVER!

Hi All

Let's see who the real draft gurus are on Jet Nation. The person who guesses the first 6 picks of this years draft in the order they are selected will win a $50 amazon gift card from me. If there are more than 1 winners, each winner will get $25 each regardless of the number of winners. 

Now if someone could create an online google doc and keep it updated, I would be indebted. 

Good luck and let the fun begin. 

EDIT : Last entry has to be at 5:40 P.M. Eastern on Draft Day.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Pretty shocked this many people are convinced that the Browns are going to trade up to take Trubisky.  At least, that's what I assume everyone is predicting with him at #6. 

I think the 49ers take him, or another team that wants him ahead of the Browns moves up to #2 to get him. Though, realistically speaking, it's most likely that the first 6 picks just happen with no trades.

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Pretty shocked this many people are convinced that the Browns are going to trade up to take Trubisky.  At least, that's what I assume everyone is predicting with him at #6. 

Speaking of pick 6. Do you have us taking him, someone trading to get him or just trolling the masses?

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I think the 49ers take him, or another team that wants him ahead of the Browns moves up to #2 to get him. Though, realistically speaking, it's most likely that the first 6 picks just happen with no trades.

I dont see trades taking place, personally.   

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Speaking of pick 6. Do you have us taking him, someone trading to get him or just trolling the masses?

I legit think we're taking Allen.  I just see the board dropping where Allen is staring us in the face and Mac goes all BAP and something about you cant have enough big guys that move like this guy and create their own pressure and play multiple positions.  

I'm a history guy. History repeats itself.  Especially when it comes to the NY Jets and the draft. 

Just now, JiF said:

I legit think we're taking Allen.  I just see the board dropping where Allen is staring us in the face and Mac goes all BAP and something about you cant have enough big guys that move like this guy and create their own pressure and play multiple positions.  

I'm a history guy. History repeats itself.  Especially when it comes to the NY Jets and the draft. 

Baby Crusher would lose his shit. They went to couple camps together and played against one another twice in high school. I remember first time I saw the kid at a pit camp; was wondering who's father he was. LOL Man among boys that one. 

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

Why? The Browns would be foolish to make that many picks again.  They made 14 picks in 2016 and now have 11 more.  That is too many picks IMO because they have not given the previous draft picks time to develop so they start picking all the same positions again?

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

I just can't see that happening. I don't see how Mac can justify that pick (although you gave a pretty good shot at what they would say).

I think they want secondary all the way and that's what they're focused on in the first.  And offense is just an afterthought when it comes to day one.

15 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Baby Crusher would lose his sh*t. They went to couple camps together and played against one another twice in high school. I remember first time I saw the kid at a pit camp; was wondering who's father he was. LOL Man among boys that one. 

Baby Crusher would lose his sh*t in a good way, the rest of Jets fans would be throwing their TV out their window.

14 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Why? The Browns would be foolish to make that many picks again.  They made 14 picks in 2016 and now have 11 more.  That is too many picks IMO because they have not given the previous draft picks time to develop so they start picking all the same positions again?

Just a hunch. They made a lot of picks and a lot of those dudes are not going to make the roster next year.  When you're terrible, having multiple options is a good thing.  Plus, they've still got Osweiler and Kessler.  I just got a weird feeling they let a QB drop to them and take the best of the bunch if they take one at all. 

5 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

I just can't see that happening. I don't see how Mac can justify that pick (although you gave a pretty good shot at what they would say).

I think they want secondary all the way and that's what they're focused on in the first.  And offense is just an afterthought when it comes to day one.

Mac claims to be a BAP guy.  I've got a bad feeling Allen will be BAP when the Jets pick. 

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Baby Crusher would lose his sh*t in a good way, the rest of Jets fans would be throwing their TV out their window.

Just a hunch. They made a lot of picks and a lot of those dudes are not going to make the roster next year.  When you're terrible, having multiple options is a good thing.  Plus, they've still got Osweiler and Kessler.  I just got a weird feeling they let a QB drop to them and take the best of the bunch if they take one at all. 

Mac claims to be a BAP guy.  I've got a bad feeling Allen will be BAP when the Jets pick. 

The Allen pick would be awful until we log onto JN. Then it would be glorious. 

Just an FYI. Last entry has to be at 7 P.M. on draft day. After 7 P.M. I will compile the list in excel and announce the winner after the 6th pick.

If nobody wins, I will donate $50 to St Jude Children's Hospital. I already donate to them monthly and any time I have some extra money I send it their way.  

Archived