looking forward to watching the jets **** up yet another draft

neckdemon

I've got similar feelings as well. Last year, when they picked Hackenberg, I just put the iPad down on the sofa cushion and it hit the floor and the screen split down the middle. To this day, it remains cracked. That Darron Lee-Christian Hackenberg combo was so depressing, but not as depressing as this year's SS-CB one-two punch will be.

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I've got similar feelings as well. Last year, when they picked Hackenberg, I just put the iPad down on the sofa cushion and it hit the floor and the screen split down the middle. To this day, it remains cracked. That Darron Lee-Christian Hackenberg combo was so depressing, but not as depressing as this year's SS-CB one-two punch will be.

Expect nothing good T0mShane and never be disappointed with this team. 

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wife made dinner plans with another couple for exactly when the first ten picks are happening. I said absolutely nothing about it. No desire to watch this dumpster fire.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Wife made dinner plans with another couple for exactly when the first ten picks are happening. I said absolutely nothing about it. No desire to watch this dumpster fire.

Not to be too creepy or anything, but can I go?

Literally typed how several of my son's pals had gone to PSU camps and come home with nothing but undiluted bile about what a total dick EVERYONE (black, white, defense offense coaches support staff waterboys fans) at PSU though Hackenberg was and what a disaster he would be .And then....

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Literally typed how several of my son's pals had gone to PSU camps and come home with nothing but undiluted bile about what a total dick EVERYONE (black, white, defense offense coaches support staff waterboys fans) at PSU though Hackenberg was and what a disaster he would be .And then....

If it werent for James Franklin

24 minutes ago, Bugg said:

I was working with a chick as the pick came in and I was cautiously optimistic and she crushed everything  with this, "That's good but Hackenburg sucks. he's dating my best friend and everyone knows he's a bitch."

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

What's your perfect 1-2 pick??

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

1a. Solomon Thomas

1b. Leonard Fournette

1c. Mike Williams

1d. Deshaun Watson

2a. Quincy Wilson

2b. TJ Watt

2c. Obi Melifonwu

2d. Adam Shaheen

Can we call pick 2C "Obi Meifon Kenobi'?

As for 2D, didn't he used to be on the Jet's post-game show?

With the 6th pick the ny jets select fabian moreau, cb ucla

"he was our #1guy all along"-Mac

"a little bit of a stretch early in the first round but the jets got themselves a good player"-commentator 

"wtf? ::insert sou d of ipods and tvs screens breaking all over the tri state area::"- fans

39 minutes ago, David Harris said:

The most impt thing for me to remember is that half the board will absolutely hate whoever we pick and half will rose color it up.

Doesn't leave any room for the pick being successful does it?

LOL. JK. They are totally gonna blow it.

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

The most impt thing for me to remember is that half the board will absolutely hate whoever we pick and half will rose color it up. 

We'll see in 3 years. Same even for Hack.

Sad thing is if you combined everyone on this board and averaged it you'd get a fat dude in his late 30's to mid 40's, with a below average IQ. He'd have a better draft record than the Jets. We could have literally run a twitter poll for every pick the last 10 years and done a better job than the Jets front office who've sunk millions into personnel and scouting. The draft used to be the closest thing to the SB for me. I now just hope to get it over with without breaking something..

25 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Sad thing is if you combined everyone on this board and averaged it you'd get a fat dude in his late 30's to mid 40's, with a below average IQ. He'd have a better draft record than the Jets. We could have literally run a twitter poll for every pick the last 10 years and done a better job than the Jets front office who've sunk millions into personnel and scouting. The draft used to be the closest thing to the SB for me. I now just hope to get it over with without breaking something..

Fairly awesome post.

Last year the Jets front office was hopelessly transparent about their draft plans for a qb.  For an extended time before the draft the rumors were that the Jets were "very interested" in Hackenberg. Fast forward to this week, Watson said that the Jets had been "in touch a bit" with him since his visit with them. Seperately Cimini had said that the Jets had shown a strong interest in Mahones.

My feeling is that the Jets are going to try and trade back and pick a qb mid round one.

If they do not find a team to trade back with, the Jets will go defensive back at 6 and then qb in the second round (again).

If they do manage to  trade back, Trubisky will be gone and it will likely be Watson or Mahomes middle of round one.

Completely unrelated...Jacksonville in the past have been good about obfuscating their draft direction. 

They are the dark horse for a qb pick, if Coughlin decides to bail on expirement Bortles.

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

1a. Solomon Thomas

1b. Leonard Fournette

1c. Mike Williams

1d. Deshaun Watson

2a. Quincy Wilson

2b. TJ Watt

2c. Obi Melifonwu

2d. Adam Shaheen

Can you walk me through this one please?  I understand 1b, 1c, 1d.  But, you want us to draft a guy who scouts can't tell whether he's a 4-3 DE or a 3-4 DE?  Don't we have 3 of those?  Nothing I have seen on tape, or read leading up to the draft, suggests for even half a second that Solomon Thomas could be a 3-4 edge rusher.  If not, then what is the point?

Just now, nj meadowlands said:

Can you walk me through this one please?  I understand 1b, 1c, 1d.  But, you want us to draft a guy who scouts can't tell whether he's a 4-3 DE or a 3-4 DE?  Don't we have 3 of those?  Nothing I have seen on tape, or read leading up to the draft, suggests for even half a second that Solomon Thomas could be a 3-4 edge rusher.  If not, then what is the point?

Our head coach is a defense genius and will find a way to fit him in......see Shel Rich.

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It's going to be a special moment when the Jets take Jonathan Allen. 

41 minutes ago, JiF said:

It's going to be a special moment when the Jets take Jonathan Allen. 

Suck it up man. At least Leo, Lee, Jenkins, Burris, Simon, Shell, Edwards, Peake, Anderson, J.Marshall actually played & showed something. Jury still out on Smith, Mauldin, Hackenberg, Petty?

Gholston had 2 tackles. Milliner never stayed on the field, Anderson an UDFA has already surpassed what Stephen Hill did here. Shell actually understands ENGLISH and already looks better than Ducasse.

All we are saying....is give Macc a chance.

Archived