Bitonti's One and Only "I'm Too Old For This S--t" Mock Draft

bitonti

DISCLAIMER

In my heart of hearts, I want the Jets to be brave and take QB Patrick Mahomes II at 6 overall. 

But it's too much to predict such a glorious outcome. 

Mac isn't going to be brave and he isn't going to get fired while Woodrow is in the United Kingdom. 

He's going to draft purely by his board and heaven help us if his best available player is a 300 pound defensive end

http://www.draftdaddy.com/MD/draft2017.htm

1.  Cleveland Browns - ER Myles Garrett, Texas A&M 

2.  San Francisco 49ers - DE Solomon Thomas, Stanford 

3. Chicago Bears - S Jamal Adams, LSU

4.  Jacksonville Jaguars - RB Leonard Fournette, LSU

5.  Tennessee Titans - CB Marshon Lattimore, Ohio State 

6.  New York Jets - S Malik Hooker, Ohio State 

7.  Los Angeles Chargers - WR Mike Williams, Clemson 

8.  Carolina Panthers - RB Christian McCaffrey, Stanford

9.  Cincinnati Bengals - TE OJ Howard, Alabama

10.  Buffalo Bills - WR Corey Davis, Western Michigan 

11.  New Orleans Saints - LB Haason Reddick, Temple

12.  Cleveland Browns - QB Mitchell Trubisky, North Carolina 

13.  Arizona Cardinals - QB Deshaun Watson, Clemson 

14.  Philadelphia Eagles - CB Marlon Humphrey, Alabama

15.  Indianapolis Colts - LB Reuben Foster, Alabama

16.  Baltimore Ravens - DL Malik McDowell, Michigan State 

17.  Washington Redskins - DL Jonathan Allen, Alabama

18.  Tennessee Titans -TE David Njoku, Miami 

19.  Tampa Bay Buccaneers - WR John Ross, Washington

20.  Denver Broncos - OT Cam Robinson, Alabama

21.   Detroit Lions - ER Derek Barnett, Tennessee 

22.  Miami Dolphins - DE Taco Charlton, Michigan

23.  New York Giants - DE Jordan Willis, Kansas State

24.  Oakland Raiders - CB Chidobe Awuzie, Colorado

25.  Houston Texans - QB Patrick Mahomes, Texas Tech

26.  Seattle Seahawks - CB Kevin King, Washington 

27.  Kansas City Chiefs - QB DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame

28.  Dallas Cowboys - OLB Charles Harris, Missouri

29.   Green Bay Packers - CB Adoree Jackson, USC

30.  Pittsburgh Steelers - ER Takkarist McKinley, UCLA 

31.  Atlanta Falcons - OG Forrest Lamp, Western Kentucky

32.  New Orleans Saints - OT Garrett Bolles, Utah

1 hour ago, goober36 said:

If we go defense I like any of those 2 safety. It's like apples and oranges, do you want that crazy athlete who comes down hill or do you want the ball hawk who can pick off anything in a 15 yard radius.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I prefer the ball hawk - but you are correct 

I've already resigned myself to the fact we're not taking Waston (or a QB for that matter) but if we draft a one year wonder at S at #6 with tackling issues who doesnt really like Football, I'm going to upset and I will have not nice things to say about Big Mac.

In this scenario, I'd rather have Williams, Davis or Howard by a country mile.  However, I'm telling you, I've got a weird feeling if Jonathan Allen is on the board, he's going to be the pick and the reaction to taking another DL player is going to be soooo juicy. 

The player we need went one pick later, MIke Williams. I would need to be sedated if this happens.:D Also, I feel Jonathan Allen will go way higher. Interesting, all the teams that supposedly want QB's had them fall to them. Maybe because you didn't want to do trades?

10 hours ago, ATX Jetsfan said:

If the board works out that way I think we take Trubisky.Just a hunch. Not saying that's what I would do. But I have a feeling  

Ok So to put this into context this attempt is for the mock draft contest at Huddle Report. The way they grade it you get points for a perfect player/team match. The positioning doesn't matter. So if the Texans trade up to take Mahomes it's still crazy points in the contest, even if it doesn't happen at 25. 

I agree Trub won't be there at 12 he probably wouldn't get to 4 if we are being honest but that pick reflects both the growing chance of Trubisky at 1 overall and the idea they could trade back up and end up with both players. 

2 hours ago, section314 said:

The player we need went one pick later, MIke Williams. I would need to be sedated if this happens.:D Also, I feel Jonathan Allen will go way higher. Interesting, all the teams that supposedly want QB's had them fall to them. Maybe because you didn't want to do trades?

yes i didn't project trades but just tried to predict matches. 

Jonathan Allen's shoulders are super scary. They say all players have arthritis later and that's all well and good but he's had a million dislocations/labrum tears and it's both joints.

He will go rd 1 i don't believe it will be top 10

Eh, for me.....I don't like it.

Lattimore and Hooker do not belong in the top ten. 

Mike Williams, Corey Davis and Barnett do.

I can't penalize Davis for not taking part in combine while rehabbing.  Guy has the best burst on the ball I have seen in a while. Williams needs to refine his route running to create his separation. He doesn't have it come to him naturally.  But the tools are there and he'll be another Mike Evans type. Barnett gets slammed for timed speed, but the motor is there and the heart beats for football.  I get the sense that the guy will stop at nothing to become a successful NFL player. I love the relentless non stop attackers like him.

Archived