^^^The official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread^^^

InstantClassic

1 minute ago, kelly said:

saw this..

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

One of the Jets' Day 3 draft picks will be announced from FDNY EMS Station 26 in the Bronx, where the late Yadira Arroyo worked until last month. She was killed on the job when she was run over by a man who stole her ambulance. Her five sons, ranging in ages from 8 to 23, will participate in announcing the pick. MTA police officer Daniel McDade, who stopped the alleged killer, also will be on hand. A nice gesture by the Jets and the NFL.

Appropriate choice. What the **** is wrong with people though... for ****s sake.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Mike Williams or Fournette. I'd also be fine with taking a chance on one of the QBs, blemishes and all.

We've invested enough on defense, and it's gotten us nowhere. It's time to start concentrating on scoring points.

With the emergence of Tight Ends in this league, I think the days of passing on an OJ Howard because he's a TE are gone. Personally, I think Corey Davis is a better WR than Mike Williams anyway. But like you said, I would be happy with just about any of the highly graded talents on offense. Fournette/Cook/McCaffery/Williams/Davis/Howard all look good enough to me warrant consideration at 6 or at 12 if we trade down. 

My only trepidation with taking a RB this year is that it sucks for a RB to take abuse in a meaningless season. Can we redshirt a RB?

35 minutes ago, kelly said:

saw this..

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

One of the Jets' Day 3 draft picks will be announced from FDNY EMS Station 26 in the Bronx, where the late Yadira Arroyo worked until last month. She was killed on the job when she was run over by a man who stole her ambulance. Her five sons, ranging in ages from 8 to 23, will participate in announcing the pick. MTA police officer Daniel McDade, who stopped the alleged killer, also will be on hand. A nice gesture by the Jets and the NFL.

That's pretty cool.

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Hopefully tonight is the kind of night that turns a franchise around. I say that because, well, we need it.

I think trading back in a deep draft like this is key..as long as we pick up a 1st or 2nd for next year too.

Great teams build through the draft!

14 hours ago, InstantClassic said:

Come on Jets! Let us down easy this year. No DL round 1 please!!

This draft seems more exciting than others with all the different scenarios that could play out..let's hope we win day 1! 

The notion being kicked around of trading back is unlikey, given a lot of factors. That said, I think McCaffrey is the guy that if he's there at #6 we may be able to force someone to come up and get him. Chargers like him at 7. Panthers want him at 8. Eagles want him at 14. We should be on the phone with the Eagles.

Obviously Trubisky is another chance, but I'm skeptical. I almost feel like all this Trub talk from Cleveland is smoke screen.

There's a lot of buzz circling the guy, and we happen to have the pick right before all the teams connected to him.

8 hours ago, mkajet01 said:

I'm done if jets take safety. Wouldn't it be nice to see jets draft for offense score some Friggin td's

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In this draft you have to consider strength of position. If Adams is there at 6, you run to the podium and take him. He's a special talent. After Adams, who I believe goes in picks 2-5, taking a safety at 6 makes no sense. We have to get as many quality players to fill positions of need which are many. TE's, CB, S and RB are deep in this draft. Edge and OL are scant and should be targeted early. Who cares if you reach slightly. There just aren't many blue chippers in this draft. This is however a very deep solid draft that gives one the luxury of waiting in mid to late rounds to fill all the positions of need which we lack. 

6 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Mike Williams or Fournette. I'd also be fine with taking a chance on one of the QBs, blemishes and all.

We've invested enough on defense, and it's gotten us nowhere. It's time to start concentrating on scoring points.

Do the words Geno Smith and Devin Smith, Hackenburg mean anything you? Of course the defensive picks have been no prize either, Coples, Milliner, Lee, Pryor. What's important is you HIT on the pick so you don't have to waste it and re-pick at the position in the coming years.

1 minute ago, Powpow said:

Do the words Geno Smith and Devin Smith, Hackenburg mean anything you? Of course the defensive picks have been no prize either, Coples, Milliner, Lee, Pryor. What's important is you HIT on the pick so you don't have to waste it and re-pick at the position in the coming years.

This team has nothing on offense. It needs to be able to score points. If they believe in Hackenberg, then give him something to work with. If they don't, then pick his replacement.

A safety does jack-sh!t to help this team. I don't care about his range. I don't care about his athleticism. If we can't score points, then we lose every week, regardless of how great the safety is.

RB, WR, or reach for QB. Those are the only options tonight. F*ck the defense.

3 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

With the emergence of Tight Ends in this league, I think the days of passing on an OJ Howard because he's a TE are gone. Personally, I think Corey Davis is a better WR than Mike Williams anyway. But like you said, I would be happy with just about any of the highly graded talents on offense. Fournette/Cook/McCaffery/Williams/Davis/Howard all look good enough to me warrant consideration at 6 or at 12 if we trade down. 

My only trepidation with taking a RB this year is that it sucks for a RB to take abuse in a meaningless season. Can we redshirt a RB?

I think Corey Davis will be the first WR taken to be honest...

44 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

This team has nothing on offense. It needs to be able to score points. If they believe in Hackenberg, then give him something to work with. If they don't, then pick his replacement.

A safety does jack-sh!t to help this team. I don't care about his range. I don't care about his athleticism. If we can't score points, then we lose every week, regardless of how great the safety is.

RB, WR, or reach for QB. Those are the only options tonight. F*ck the defense.

They can't score points because they have no QB.  They can't stop anyone because defensively their players SUCK.  There is no worthwhile QB to take in this draft that's game ready. They're all developmental projects that are all 2nd to 3rd round picks. Of course, you get desperation meeting stupidity and many GM's reach for these guys instead of taking a more polished ready to play prospect you can plug in and play from day one and get viable results. Leo Big Cat is such the case. At first, I wasn't crazy about the pick but it's been Mac's biggest success yet. Adams is CANT MISS and a true leader/warrior that will transform our defense. There's plenty of picks left to impact the offense. Round 2 and 3 we have three pics and one of those must be a CB. With the other 2 we can grab a TE and RB.  Patience grasshopper. 

This team is weak on both sides of the ball. I have my preferences but all I really care about is that we pick a good one. We need players on offense who can score and we need playmakers on defense. Draft a great football player and I'll be happy.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Lots of buzz saying teams expect Mahones to go in top 10. Chiefs and Cards are interested. More trade partners?

Or, better question, why don't we take him?

If you truly believe he can be the next Favre (minus the dick-pics) you have to take him over a Safety or TE.  But that's a big leap of faith.  What if Trubisky was still on the board...

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

NFL Network capitalizing on ESPN's woes by hiring Carl Weathers as a draft correspondent.

This whole production is ridiculous.  

Did you catch the Corey Davis interview? He's a total WR diva, which means he's probably going to be awesome and not a player the Jets would take because Safeties and DL are fun.

This whole production is ridiculous.  

Did you catch the Corey Davis interview? He's a total WR diva, which means he's probably going to be awesome and not a player the Jets would take because Safeties and DL are fun.

The fanfare is really silly

Archived