^^^The official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread^^^

InstantClassic

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Seth said:

Some of you are really forgetting how awful our secondary was...

Granted but why do you pick another safety? I could see a RB a CB an OLB but another safety. Someone please explain this and I mean EXPLAIN not some wise azz response like Mac had too much coffee or someone slipped some ecstasy in his coffee. 

I think they are going to go heavy defense this draft maybe and then go full bore offense next year?  It is a rebuild, perhaps the Jets are happy to evaluate the young dudes on offense this season while heavily restocking the defense first for the rebuild.

Wow, even the Jetster who likes to find a silver lining in everything is completely stunned by this one. It's like our GMs are trying to outdo each other for worst 2nd round picks in Jets history.

He may be a stud, and I could live with it if we had 2 second round & 3rd rounders but I'm totally perplexed here & believe that Bowles like Rex has WAY TO MUCH say in the drafting process.

1 minute ago, Powpow said:

Granted but why do you pick another safety? I could see a RB a CB an OLB but another safety. Someone please explain this and I mean EXPLAIN not some wise azz response like Mac had too much coffee or someone slipped some ecstasy in his coffee. 

Because Gilchrist is done and is getting cut. Pryor is trash and is getting traded. Mayes is the perfect compliment for Adams in the secondary.

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Did you all forget the weekly 80 yrs touchdowns throws against us last year. They are building something here which will also increase productivity of d line 

does not work that way.  D line makes it easier for secondary

Archived