5 minutes ago, MTJ06 said:

Browns receive: 
» 2017 fourth-round pick (160): Roderick Johnson, OT, Florida State 
» 2017 seventh-round pick (224)

Jets receive: 
» 2017 fifth-round pick (181): 
» 2017 sixth-round pick (188):

Thx

I thought we crashed dead into Preposterousland yesterday but this is really something else. The Jets came into this draft short at literally every single skill position. Really. Every single one. QB, OL, WR, edge rusher, and CB. Coming off a 5-11 season with high picks in every round, the Jets had 6 picks over the first 160 draft picks, and they drafted for only one of those positions over 5 picks, while stockpiling picks in the 6th round and lower, which is they exact part of the draft that historically yields little to no stars at any of those positions. I can't even complain at this point. This is a level of ignorance shown towards the most basic aspects of building a roster that it's honestly impressive. I don't know how we keep hiring one screwy GM after another but holy hell are we good at it.

1 minute ago, greenwave81 said:

The only way these late round tradebacks make sense is if Macc REALLY believes in his scouting team and their ability to find some hidden gems.

Guess we'll see...

I despise the Mayes pick and trading out of the 3rd. Didn't care for the Stewart pick either. Like the Hansen pick and Leggwt as well but we could have gotten a higher rated TE. So far half azz draft. 

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I thought we crashed dead into Preposterousland yesterday but this is really something else. The Jets came into this draft short at literally every single skill position. Really. Every single one. QB, OL, WR, edge rusher, and CB. Coming off a 5-11 season with high picks in every round, the Jets had 6 picks over the first 160 draft picks, and they drafted for only one of those positions over 5 picks, while stockpiling picks in the 6th round and lower, which is they exact part of the draft that historically yields little to no stars at any of those positions. I can't even complain at this point. This is a level of ignorance shown towards the most basic aspects of building a roster that it's honestly impressive. I don't know how we keep hiring one screwy GM after another but holy hell are we good at it.

should they have traded up like tanny and come away with 3 or 4 picks?  

4 minutes ago, BleedsgreenNYJ said:

This is reminiscent of Idzik's last draft in 2014...safety in rd 1, tons of picks (4 in 6th)...and only guy that worked out was Enunwa.

Looks like Mac following in Idzik's footsteps out the door.

Yeah, except we're taking players way over their draft grade rather than way under. 

Just now, Powpow said:

I despise the Mayes pick and trading out of the 3rd. Didn't care for the Stewart pick either. Like the Hansen pick and Leggwt as well but we could have gotten a higher rated TE. So far half azz draft. 

the only pick that sticks in my craw is the Mayes pick; not because I dislike the player, but the ludicrousness of devoting 2 top 39 picks to one position when our roster is so short of players at other skill positions.

Just now, greenwave81 said:

the only pick that sticks in my craw is the Mayes pick; not because I dislike the player, but the ludicrousness of devoting 2 top 39 picks to one position when our roster is so short of players at other skill positions.

100% agreed. Based on pure talent this is one of the best drafts we've had in forever with still a lot of picks to go 

I think pretty much the Jets are getting an A grade for the selections. It's the whiners that are more concerned with the positions of these players selected.

All in on picking talented players with upside potential regardless of position. Nothing has worked for so many years so I'm good with anything that is different.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Jets1958 said:

It only makes any sense to do this type of trading back if you believe their is great depth in the draft and your scouting department has some gems. Otherwise it is lunacy.

Or you basically have the same type grades on guys from the middle of the 5th until early 7th.

If we are to assume 4 of our 5 picks thus far become decent players, and 1 or 2 of the 5 picks we have in the 6th stick and become decent, this draft will be a very good one comparatively. I don't love how the players shook out, but we're so bad there's really no position that doesn't need serious help. We're a multi year rebuild even if Hackenburg shows up as a savior.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

5 minutes ago, section314 said:

Or you basically have the same type grades on guys from the middle of the 5th until early 7th.

I will say this is a stupid deep draft in cb wr RB- so far Mac has grabbed 3 receiving weapons )2 wr and a much need TE).  With this he's admitting Smith was a huge bust pick in round 2. RB and cb next? Cuterer is a sleeper reminiscent of Sherman. Get that dude!

12 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So if we picked all these guys in the 3rd round where they were projected to go they would magically be better players. Thanks for setting me straight. Now I'm really upset. 

Archived