^^^The official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread^^^

InstantClassic

Donahue sounds undersized, but can play and run around in a 4-3 and maybe blitz in a few packages... Doesn't sound like a true OLB/edge rusher, but he sounds like he can play... Seems like a Bowels pick. Another guy who he can move around in the middle or on the line.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jan 3, 2017:

Looking for a sleeper pass rusher?  Check out Dylan Donahue of West Georgia if you have the means.  Donahue also entered the season stamped as a street free agent despite having NFL computer numbers (6-feet/2-inches, 240lbs, 4.7’s in the forty) and NFL production (20 tackles for loss and 13.5 sacks last season).  He is participating in the NFLPA Game, could get a late invite to the Senior Bowl and I fully expect Donahue will receive in invitation to the combine in March.  We presently grade him as a UDFA but would not be surprised if Donahue jumps into the draft's final day.

http://draftanalyst.com/da-draft-buzz-january-3rd

10 minutes ago, C Mart said:

I put him in the 3rd day thread. Situational pass rusher. 

Analysis: 

Donahue was a productive pass rusher on the small-school level besides being an athletic prospect who gets the most from his ability. He offers possibilities as a designated pass rusher out of a three-point stance or standing over tackle and should be very effective on special teams.

There you go.

2 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

Donahue sounds undersized, but can play and run around in a 4-3 and maybe blitz in a few packages... Doesn't sound like a true OLB/edge rusher, but he sounds like he can play... Seems like a Bowels pick. Another guy who he can move around in the middle or on the line.

Don't we have the same exact type guy in Catapano who's now a free agent don't like this pick AT ALL

2 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

He's a special teamer and a project edge rusher. Nothing else really. I like the bend which is the most important thing for an edge from my experience. I could care less how many sacks a guy has gotten in college. Can he lean, bend and keep his balance when the tackle tries to push him upfield. 

1 minute ago, Powpow said:

Don't we have the same exact type guy in Catapano who's now a free agent don't like this pick AT ALL

I'm going to watch and read some scouting stuff on him... He does get some high praises, but that only takes you so far. 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Dylan Donahue. Nice looking project player. 

Good find, Kevin Greene was a relentless, "hair on fire" pass rusher.  I'm sure he had a heavy influence in this selection

14 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Also...

Keion Adams, OLB

Carrol Phillips, OLB

Eric Wilson, ILB

Corey Clement, RB

Brad Kaaya, QB

Chad Kelly, QB

John Toth, C

Tyler Orlovsky, C

'member that time I posted all of the best available players.... the list is still applicable. 

Where we are, what we have remaining today:

NFL Draft 2017:
1st Round (#6 Overall):  Jamal Adams, SS, LSU, 6'0" 214

2nd Round (#38):  Marcus Maye, SS, Florida, 6'0" 210
3rd Round (#79):  ArDarius Stewart, WR, Alabama, 5'11" 204

4th Round (#141):  Chad Hansen, WR, California, 6'2" 202
5th Round (#150):  Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson, 6'5" 258
5th Round (#181):  Donahue, Dylan, DL, West Georgia, 6'3" 248
6th Round (#188 From Browns):
6th Round (#191):

6th Round (#197 From Rams):
6th Round (#204 From Tampa):

2 minutes ago, Powpow said:

hes way too small and will get eaten alive by TE's and OT's

He beats a few big dudes in that video. Granted they're just big, not big AND talented for the most part... But he's got some pretty good chop and swing moves... I mean at least a base that a coach can maybe work with. He's not going to be a beast on the outside as a edge rusher but if he can turn into a useful couple down player and a special teamer, this works out. 

1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

Elijah Mcwire never heard of him tbh, any write ups on him? 

Tony had a 4th round on him

Analysis: 

McGuire is an underrated prospect and, though not a feature ball carrier at the next level, offers the makings of a rotational back. He can be used as a pass catcher not only out of the backfield but down the field as well. He has some athletic limitations but will produce at the next level in the proper role.

Elijah McGuire - 17173 | Draft Analyst http://draftanalyst.com/elijah-mcguire

NFL Draft 2017:
1st Round (#6 Overall):  Jamal Adams, SS, LSU, 6'0" 214

2nd Round (#38):  Marcus Maye, SS, Florida, 6'0" 210
3rd Round (#79):  ArDarius Stewart, WR, Alabama, 5'11" 204

4th Round (#141):  Chad Hansen, WR, California, 6'2" 202
5th Round (#150):  Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson, 6'5" 258
5th Round (#181):  Dylan Donahue, DL, West Georgia, 6'3" 248
6th Round (#188):  Elijah McGuire, RB, Louisiana-Lafayette, 5'10" 214  
6th Round (#191):

6th Round (#197 From Rams):
6th Round (#204 From Tampa):