^^^The official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread^^^

InstantClassic

2 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Trading for a 5th next year. Nice move that Idzik could have used. We don't even have lockers for all these rookies.

If I were a GM I would trade my picks for an early round next year every time I had the chance. I would try to trade my entire draft for next year. Hypothetically you'd go through 1 year of drought then every year thereafter you could have 2 1st round picks. Besides that would give me a new team to root against every year. 

Don't tell me you couldn't find any takers. There's always going to be at least one GM that cares not about next year and thinks they'll be drafting in the 30s anyway. 

I would also like to see some team just swap next years picks thinking that they will end up with a higher pick. Like Rex Ryan would jump at a double dare like that thinking he's better than he is.

Such a good point that gets lost in the mocks and the first pick draft games and such... You gotta put these guys somewhere!

It does signal a roster overhaul though. Which is needed. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly why you trade down from 6.  But yeah, I'm sure that late 5th will be more attractive than the Browns or Bills two 1s

Quick question, how much ammo are we going to need to trade into the number one pick if we already have the number one pick? We're the worst team in football, it's not even debatable. Nothing of this draft changes that.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

I will ask someone what I asked earlier, what were the offers for the 6th pick? I have not scoured the web rumors today

I have no idea.  But I'd have been fine taking below market if necessary.  Couldn't care less about the chart there.

3 minutes ago, Powpow said:

so we trade an early 6 for a late 5? In essence you move up like what 5 slots because Dallas will be going deep into the playoffs. Big deal. 

If they want, ammo to use to trade up next yr

4 minutes ago, Powpow said:

so we trade an early 6 for a late 5? In essence you move up like what 5 slots because Dallas will be going deep into the playoffs. Big deal. 

But it's an extra pick to play with. Trade bait and such... They'll have enough rookies at the end of this, might as well stock up for next year.

But ya, it's not a huge deal. 

1 minute ago, DMan77 said:

Such a good point that gets lost in the mocks and the first pick draft games and such... You gotta put these guys somewhere!

It does signal a roster overhaul though. Which is needed. 

They released 5-6 guys the other day. 

1 minute ago, Snell41 said:

Quick question, how much ammo are we going to need to trade into the number one pick if we already have the number one pick? We're the worst team in football, it's not even debatable. Nothing of this draft changes that.

Agreed we're the worst... Disagree we're last.  We were the worst this year too.

1 minute ago, DMan77 said:

But it's an extra pick to play with. Trade bait and such... They'll have enough rookies at the end of this, might as well stock up for next year.

But ya, it's not a huge deal. 

Good to see someone gets it. 

4 minutes ago, Powpow said:

You picked a bad hill to die on Custer.

Stockpiling picks next year empowers us to move up more easily if/when an opportunity presents.  If there's no guy we really feel we needed to have right now, this is a great move. 

1 minute ago, Snell41 said:

Hey you never know man... Not saying they're heading out and going 8-8 or 7-9, but extra picks helps guard against a few lucky wins that put them at 4-12 or something with the 4th pick... A couple extra picks might be the difference in sliding up. You just don't know.

At the end of the day I'd rather have that extra 5th next year than not. That's all. Not trying to say it's the best move in the history of the NFL. 

Just now, Snell41 said:

No but t does somewhat prepare for 2018 which I like. 2 new WR's a pass catching TE, a S which is a leader, another S which I have no idea what to say, At least we didn't waste a pick on a QB that would have been a wasted pick.

I have no idea.  But I'd have been fine taking below market if necessary.  Couldn't care less about the chart there.

Buuuuuullllllllsh*t!!!! You guys that are running around with pitchforks are dying for reasons to skewer Macc. You guys would be killing him for Taking subpar compensation on our most valuable position.

I don't like what's going on either, but don't be ridiculous

1 minute ago, Powpow said:

No but t does somewhat prepare for 2018 which I like. 2 new WR's a pass catching TE, a S which is a leader, another S which I have no idea what to say, At least we didn't waste a pick on a QB that would have been a wasted pick.

Not a big fan of fielding QB's eh?

Or are you a "Suck for Sam" adherant?

Could help cover TEs in sub packages

Entering the year prior to his injury Clark was graded as a street free agent by scouts, but his size and style of play is intimidating. He’s worth practice-squad consideration as he rehabs his knee and further progresses his game. Though he lined up at cornerback for much of his college career, Clark may ultimately find a home at safety.

Jeremy Clark - 16285 | Draft Analyst http://draftanalyst.com/jeremy-clark

Hey you never know man... Not saying they're heading out and going 8-8 or 7-9, but extra picks helps guard against a few lucky wins that put them at 4-12 or something with the 4th pick... A couple extra picks might be the difference in sliding up. You just don't know.
At the end of the day I'd rather have that extra 5th next year than not. That's all. Not trying to say it's the best move in the history of the NFL. 

I agree, nothing wrong with this trade.

2 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

You know what's great about this Clark pick? He played some SS in college, haha.

I look at it he could help cover TEs allowing the safeties to fly around / cover RBs, blitz etc in sub packages

Archived