^^^The official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread^^^

InstantClassic

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Could help cover TEs in sub packages

Entering the year prior to his injury Clark was graded as a street free agent by scouts, but his size and style of play is intimidating. He’s worth practice-squad consideration as he rehabs his knee and further progresses his game. Though he lined up at cornerback for much of his college career, Clark may ultimately find a home at safety.

Jeremy Clark - 16285 | Draft Analyst http://draftanalyst.com/jeremy-clark

Grades me nothing as we all know but I'm seeing a B- for him in most spots.  Big dude at 6-3, 220. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6'3" 220

Because Clark's recovery from an ACL tear makes it unlikely he'll be able to run pre-draft, teams may be hesitant to consider him as anything other than an undrafted free agent. However, the tape shows decent makeup speed to go along with his extreme length. Clark could challenge for a roster spot with teams looking for bump-and-run corners with an ability to operate on special teams.

4 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I have no idea.  But I'd have been fine taking below market if necessary.  Couldn't care less about the chart there.

You're about to engage in a series of arguments about nothing.

You are expected to provide phone recordings of actual trade offers or it is therefore presumed that not one team wanted to move up despite Maccagnan advertising, as heavily as possible for weeks, that the pick was anybody's for the taking. Yet 4 picks later, there was tremendous interest, to the point where someone surrendered a second 1st round pick in next year's draft, when we'll clearly be selecting a QB. You see, it is completely rational to believe teams only want others' picks every year, but they coincidentally never want the Jets' picks. It's just bad luck is all.

Oops. There I go. I now realize I've insinuated the future franchise QB might not be Hackenberg. Oh, now I've done it.

2 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

called it. 

If by "toolsy" you mean he had 10 tackles last year, with a torn ACL to boot. 

He was a big time recruit though. Injuries suck but he's got the talent to develop... Or it seems so anyway!

1 minute ago, NYs Stepchild said:

I'd have to see it to believe it but this guy did 20 reps with 33" arms. That's unbelievable at 220lbs. We could try him out at LT. 

Could be a steal if his ACL heals well. 

He's as intimidating as a CB can get

9 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Buuuuuullllllllsh*t!!!! You guys that are running around with pitchforks are dying for reasons to skewer Macc. You guys would be killing him for Taking subpar compensation on our most valuable position.

I don't like what's going on either, but don't be ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Everything you say here is false

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

We are the least talented team in the league.  Unless it's a QB, 2 > 1 as are chips to move for the QB next year.

I will just suggest, that if Macc did not get equal value trading down out of 6, this site, as a majority, would have gone ballistic. 

That said, I don't think the Chiefs felt the need to move above 10 to get Mahomes. Although, I will concede that I hear that the Giants were trying to get up for Mahomes. That does not mean it was at the Jets spot though.

Peter King had it that the Texans were ver much "in" on Watson before the draft. He stated that they felt he would go "early teens" though. So, unsure if the Texans felt the need to go up to 6.

I am just wondering what th trade partners could have been for the Jets. I would have LOVED proper value there as well.

Archived