^^^The official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread^^^

InstantClassic

Just now, The Crusher said:

Groundhog Day 

I seriously went to sleep early just to get up at 2am in order to watch the Jets pick f'ing defense. 

Now I have to wait in anticipation to see if the Jets pick offense in the 2nd round KNOWING that this team is arguably the worst team in NFL history with 2nd round picks. 

Stupid stupid team. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

**** you, the jets are one of the BEST fanbases, to put up with the dreck this team has put out year after year and still be here?  We bitch because we care.The worst fans?  The happy happy joy fans that think ever move is gold.  Stick it moron.

HE'S THE SECOND BEST PLAYER IN THE DRAFT YOU MORON.

How the hell can you hate this?

2 minutes ago, artemusclyde said:

He's a strong safety. Him or Pryor is getting played out of position. Most likely means that Pryor is gone, and we still have a hole at free safety. It's a terrible pick. You draft Hooker and get Reed 2.0 if you need a free safety.

Hooker is Reed 2.0 ...? Reed had intagables out of this world early playing for Miami in college and Hooker's isn't even on the same radar plus he is injury prone. It's obvious Pryor is trade bait at this point.  I fully expect Pryor to be second string or not even be on the team week 1. Adams can tackle great, has a nose for the ball, knows just where to be, HAS the intangibles to set his own guys up on D and has cover skills beyond Calvin's capabilities. Calvin is another failed Idzik pick and just because he's still on our roster doesn't make this a bad pick. Hell no. You got it all wrong.

9 minutes ago, artemusclyde said:

His position is strong safety. He can make it as a free safety, but his ideal spot is strong safety, Pryor's spot. You want a free safety you get Hooker. Same old jets.

writings on the wall for pryor. pryor's natural position is bum safety

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Sure you can. 

Draft offense for a change.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

congrats to those happy with the pick. Just don't bitch when we have trouble scoring over 10 a game next year.

I wanted offense too but this draft was never going to about the 1st round anyway.

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

I seriously went to sleep early just to get up at 2am in order to watch the Jets pick f'ing defense. 

Now I have to wait in anticipation to see if the Jets pick offense in the 2nd round KNOWING that this team is arguably the worst team in NFL history with 2nd round picks. 

Stupid stupid team. 

Good morning Villian. Defense, eggs and mayonnaise for breakfast 

Just now, Paradis said:

NO

I will NOT

We just sucked for 6 months.... to draft a safety?!??! 

FOURNETTE--DAVIS--SAFETY--WILLIAMS--MCCAFFREY

think about it. 

Dude

I am with you...but when it's all said and done, you have to make the best of your situation...this is a solid player.

Top 5 pick in 2018.

9 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I wanted an offensive player. Yeah he will play great and we lose every game 9-6. 

And I want a Meatball Parm but I have to cut back for the summer dayz so sometimes you have to suck it up and go with whats better for you in the long-run.

Dinner time has been sad time.

7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Even these guys on TV could see we have assembled the worst roster in football. That doesn't change by taking a safety with the 6th pick. Guess what? We still have the worst roster in the NFL. You fix that by drafting a QB or by accumulating more high picks. But woo-hoo this saves us from spending $6-10m on a FA safety next year. Totally worth it.

Mike "the worst negotiator in history" Maccagnan is yet again incapable of pulling off any trade unless it involves 5 round picks or later.

You don't improve your roster by taking a third round talent QB at 6.  We've been reaching for trash QBs for the past 15 years.  It doesn't work.  

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

HE'S THE SECOND BEST PLAYER IN THE DRAFT YOU MORON.

How the hell can you hate this?

I can't take how ****kng annoying you are. Stfu you nazi. Not everyone is going to agree with you. Grow up and get over it you ****kng petulant child.

3 minutes ago, InstantClassic said:

Jets just drafted their defensive captain for the next 10 years.

Everyone complaining about not drafting offense where do you go?

You reach for talent to continue rebuilding or do you draft BPA and get some damn playmakers on this team on both sides of the ball.

You have to start somewhere.

it's bittersweet for a team has has drafted 10 straight defensive guys in the first round, even though this was the correct pick.  the jets got better tonight. hopefully mccagnan will consider drafting offensive players tomorrow or saturday.

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I don't understand how you pick D in the first round for nine years straight and you're a sh*tbox on d with a defensive mind as coach.

This regime doesn't give a sh*t what those previous 6 picks were. 

21 minutes ago, Pcola said:

You don't improve your roster by taking a third round talent QB at 6.  We've been reaching for trash QBs for the past 15 years.  It doesn't work.  

A QB or trade down. 

A safety. A ****ing safety.

Jets 1st round picks:

2017: SS

2016: ILB the size of a safety

2015: DE-DT when the incremental, over what we already had, makes it the lowest impact position to draft. Then proceed to keep both young DE-DT players already on the roster, lol.

2014: SS

Anyone who can't see why this team is so terrible and has so many holes is blind. But sure, another safety will fix it all.

Archived