^^^The official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread^^^

InstantClassic

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Paradis said:

given that at least 2 of the 3 picks tomorrow will be defense (corner and pass rusher i'd guess) how can we address offense effectively this draft?

That's not given at all

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Psssh, a safety can't even make our defense elite on his own. 

With all of the defensive picks we've made over the years we SHOULD have a top 5-10 defense every single season, yet we suck at that too even with defensive HC's. 

If our D was good most of these 1st round picks could be forgiven, even celebrated.  People would say about us "The rich keep getting richer!"  But instead they're just like "Oh, this guy will fix the Jets D".  WHY DOES IT NEED FIXING????

We also have a head coach who's forte is defense, right? Does he need All Pros at every slot or can he coach anyone up? Because the offense is going to be historically bad. 

Buffalo got 27 a 3rd rounder and a 1st never year for trading 10.  We would have at least gotten that.  Adams has to be a LOT better than who the bills get at 27 ands their 3rd this year.  There is lots of db and cb value late in the 1st

There not only is no DB close to Adams left ... There are NO PLAYERS close to him regardless of position ... Were you one of the guys bitching when we drafted Williams ?

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

20 picks until us in round 2, my Top 20 Players I'd like at #39 ....

1. D Cook RB
  2. R Foster LB
  3. D Njoku TE
  4. E Engram TE
  5. R Ramcyck OL
  6. C Robinson OL
  7. F Lamp OL
  8. G Bolles OL
  9. K King CB
  10. C Awuzie CB
  11. T White CB
  12. Q Wilson CB
  13. C Samuel WR
  14. C Godwin WR
  15. P Elfien C
  16. Z Jones WR
  17. C Tankersley CB
  18. J Davis ILB
  19. A Kamara RB
  20. D Kizer QB

Taco?  Reuben Foster?

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

given that at least 2 of the 3 picks tomorrow will be defense (corner and pass rusher i'd guess) how can we address offense effectively this draft?

I think there's a possibility of the OTs dropping to us. If it's Bolles (scratch that) or Robinson I'll be happy enough.

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

We also have a head coach who's forte is defense, right? Does he need All Pros at every slot or can he coach anyone up? Because the offense is going to be historically bad. 

He needed a Deone Buchanan at 20.  Just needed to have him.  Can't run a defense without one.  Name me one Super Bowl team that didn't have one.

Just now, Bugg said:

well, it was historically bad last season and they won 5 games!

Just now, Dunnie said:

There not only is no DB close to Adams left ... There are NO PLAYERS close to him regardless of position ... Were you one of the guys bitching when we drafted Williams ?

No i was happy with williams, as dominant lineman is of more value than safety and we had no viable teams fighting to get up there.

We can talk again this time next year when a true franchise qb is on the board and the jets are holding our dicks as we watch 2 or 3 other teams move up to get them,

Adams is a good player, the best saftey out there, This team has no qb and is far off from being good. As i said before i'll be watching who the bills get.closely

3 minutes ago, Seth said:

People need to stop assuming the trades made after our pick was on the table for us.

why the hell wouldn't they be?  KC is going to say, ah jets we will give you less for the 6 pick than we give for the 10th.  Total cop out, each year teams pull of these deals to get great draft capital, each year the jets fail, every single year.

Just now, Beerfish said:

why the hell wouldn't they be?  KC is going to say, ah jets we will give you less for the 6 pick than we give for the 10th.  Total cop out, each year teams pull of these deals to get great draft capital, each year the jets fail, every single year.

Why would KC trade more to land Mahomes by moving up to 6, when they knew he wouldn't be selected until the teens at the earliest?

Just now, CanadaSteve said:

APPLES and ORANGES.

The offer to go up to 6 may not have been that good.  

LOL how the hell do you figure that?  it makes ZERO sense at all.  Cop out excuses for a team that talks about trading up or down each  year and never does while otehrs around them magically pull it off.

5 minutes ago, Seth said:

People need to stop assuming the trades made after our pick was on the table for us.

The 49ers fleeced a team at 2, and the Bills fleeced a team at 10, yet there was zero ability for us to make a trade at 6?  Like, none whatsoever?  I somehow doubt that.  We just suck at the draft, and have for a long time, no matter who the GM or HC has been.

maybe the real reason is because Mac was too busy picking his jaw up off the ground after realizing the arguably best player in the draft fell to us at 6 ... Again.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

The 49ers fleeced a team at 2, and the Bills fleeced a team at 10, yet there was zero ability for us to make a trade at 6?  Like, none whatsoever?  I somehow doubt that.  We just suck at the draft, and have for a long time, no matter who the GM or HC has been.

The 49ers dealt with the worst run franchise in the NFL, and the Bills were a lot closer to where KC needed to jump Arizona than the Jets were.

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And the defense sucks too!!  I mean seriously, WHY does the defense suck?  Can anyone explain this to me?

You ask some very good questions.  Bad coaching and bad use of resources.  In my mind, the resources on the defensive end should be put into pass rushers and CBs.   Two pass rushers and three good CBs and your defense is absolutely elite.  The other positions don't seem to matter much.  The Jets defense was really good with a prime Revis and prime Cromartie on the outside and a bunch of no names up front.  Now there's three first rounders on the line and the Jets can't stop the pass or get to the QB.  You should only use a top 10 pick on a DT if he's Kris Jenkins (can't be blocked one-on-one, constantly collapsing the pocket into the QB, singlehandedly shutting down the running game) or JJ Watt.

Archived