InstantClassic

^^^The official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread^^^

6 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

With the emergence of Tight Ends in this league, I think the days of passing on an OJ Howard because he's a TE are gone. Personally, I think Corey Davis is a better WR than Mike Williams anyway. But like you said, I would be happy with just about any of the highly graded talents on offense. Fournette/Cook/McCaffery/Williams/Davis/Howard all look good enough to me warrant consideration at 6 or at 12 if we trade down. 

My only trepidation with taking a RB this year is that it sucks for a RB to take abuse in a meaningless season. Can we redshirt a RB?

If OJ Howard doesn't work out as a TE maybe we can put him out there to cover Gronk!  I would pay good money to see that.

20 minutes ago, JiF said:

This whole production is ridiculous.  

Did you catch the Corey Davis interview? He's a total WR diva, which means he's probably going to be awesome and not a player the Jets would take because Safeties and DL are fun.

It's like none of these other networks are capable of learning from ESPN. The Venn diagram of people who watch the NFL Draft and people who care about red carpet fashion consists of two circles a hundred miles apart.

• Upvote 1

Red carpets...6 hour presenatations...isn't this getting to be a bit much now? Is this the Super Bowl or the draft? You can't tell anymore lol.

2 hours ago, Powpow said:

They can't score points because they have no QB.  

Exactly. So let's pick one of the DBs that was torched by a QB who will also be there for the taking.

Worst part of west coast is the draft. Just leaving work. No preshow. No prep. Living on PVR... sigh.

Hopefully I'll catch up to Live tv by the time we pick. My gut says Fournette with the way things are trending

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

I'm ok with that as long as we come around and pick up a DB in round 2.

That's fine. The draft is deep with corners. Get one later. Give the offense something tonight. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sourceworx said:

That's fine. The draft is deep with corners. Get one later. Give the offense something tonight. 

We're not going to get Adams anyway.  Hooker and Lattimore are injury prone, so I don't mind a offensive playmaker. 

Give me Jamal Adams or Leonard Fournette..either of the LSU Tigers would be great. Next best thing to me would be a trade down to 12 and a OJ Howard selection. Sadly, I don't expect either Adams or Fournette to be there at 6....possibly Fournette but slim slim chance of Adams.

Can we get a collaborative agreement to not spoil any picks from Twitter? The picks are usually out on social media a few minutes ahead of the TV broadcast. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Can we get a collaborative agreement to not spoil any picks from Twitter? The picks are usually out on social media a few minutes ahead of the TV broadcast. 

Agree I hope I don't get shut out of here anytime theres a lot going on the server gives me problems here. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree I hope I don't get shut out of here anytime theres a lot going on the server gives me problems here. 

I'm maintaining radio silence before the juicy picks. F*ck staying up all night to be told the draft results by one of you clowns. (I mean that in the nicest way)

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Espn feed just died lol

A test run for their future. 

• Upvote 2

Met Neil Glat at the draft party. I told him who to.pick. We're all set now. :)

• Upvote 1

Ugh....this is going to be tough to watch half of nfl network i like fine and the other half (Eisen and Primetime) I totally cannot stand.  Blech.....

Just now, Beerfish said:

Ugh....this is going to be tough to watch half of nfl network i like fine and the other half (Eisen and Primetime) I totally cannot stand.  Blech.....

Kiper is always entertaining. I miss Berman as crazy as that sounds. Appreciate a Jets relic

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Lots of buzz saying teams expect Mahones to go in top 10. Chiefs and Cards are interested. More trade partners?

Or, better question, why don't we take him?

could also mean that the 6th pick is irrelevant in a trade. with a few more teams added to the mix, they might be eye balling pick 4 or 5

Eisen doesn't bug me, Prime and Heath Evans make want to stab my ears with a trident.
  • Upvote 2

I can't wait for this forum to blow up no matter who we end up drafting. I promise not to complain as long as we go offense. If we go defense I will lose my sh!t!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I can't wait for this forum to blow up no matter who we end up drafting. I promise not to complain as long as we go offense. If we go defense I will lose my sh!t!

Same here

• Upvote 1