^^^The official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread^^^

InstantClassic

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I moderate this forum so I can repeatedly continue to ban you. I am the peoples' servant and exist to give them what they want.

Very mature. Thank you.

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

I want to talk about how much fun watching Maye was in college but I cant because this team is dumb..  Like really dumb.

You said he was a good player. So the Jets have drafted two good players in positions of need. FS and SS.

So, other than the fact that fans would be much happier with offense than defense, what's the problem here?

The Jets lost multiple games due to complete garbage in the secondary. These 2 picks + the addition of Claiborne help in a major way, if not completely solve the issue.

I don't love it and would've preferred a pass rusher or playmaker but this isn't bad by any means.

8 minutes ago, InstantClassic said:

Our secondary was absolutely horrendous last year..not understanding all the negativity.

They just want offense becauss it looks better. They would rather want to win/lose 44-42 rather than win/lose 10-7.

2 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

No it wouldn't. I'd rather we did what they did than take two safeties in a row. 

I agree....I actually understand and like what the Bears did re: QB...

Give Glennon what amounts to a one year prove it deal, but bring in Trubisky just in case he bombs.  Worst case Glennon is great, Trubisky plays OK in PS and garbage time and you flip Trubisky to another team in the future.  

1 minute ago, Darkheart said:

Very mature. Thank you.

You said he was a good player. So the Jets have drafted two good players in positions of need. FS and SS.

So, other than the fact that fans would be much happier with offense than defense, what's the problem here?

What if BPA at #70 is a safety

I expect a CB or an OLB at 70. Possibly the other at 107. Or a CB at both.

Tight end, Godwin, Smith-Schuster, Webb, or Kamara would be other legitimate possibilities. Couple small school WR's that would be cool too, Carlos Henderson and Taywan Taylor.

5 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

You could trade back

Lol, just kidding.

The funniest part of this is Maccagnan spent the entire offseason with a huge neon WE WANT TO TRADE DOWN sign hanging over Florham Park, then was too stupid to actually get it done when the moment arrived

6 minutes ago, bd71 said:

Browns drafting better than the Jets.  Granted they have a ton of picks but the way they're going, they'll be competitive before us.

TBF they have a head start on this tanking thing. About a  20 year head start

Just now, dbatesman said:

The funniest part of this is Maccagnan spent the entire offseason with a huge neon WE WANT TO TRADE DOWN sign hanging over Florham Park, then was too stupid to actually get it done when the moment arrived

It is really frustrating that almost every pick around the jets pick amounts to a trade, but Macc is unable (or unwilling) to trade down.    If you are going to draft another safety, at least trade down and maybe recoup the 4th you lost.

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You're the expert on him. He's a sure tackler and play maker from what I read.

He's a true blue box safety.  Doesnt cover well. Gets beat quit a bit. He's great playing downhill with everything in front of him.  Sure tackler, can lay the wood. Good instincts so he can put himself in place to make plays on the ball but the's not a tracker type of S.  Pretty surprising to me that he goes before Wilson and Tabor his seconday teammates. 

Archived