^^^The official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread^^^

InstantClassic

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jetsbug said:

You've said before yourself you don't know any of these guys because you don't watch college football so wdf are you crying about

I don't like players whose parents can't be bothered to spellcheck the names they're about to bestow upon their offspring.

SAR I

Don't mind the pick. Would have preferred Godwin personally but Stewart can contribute right away and might be the better guy in the long run.  Reminds me a bit of Santonio Holmes with the mindset of Steve Smith Sr. because he is one FEISTY dude.

Just now, Mogglez said:

Don't mind the pick. Would have preferred Godwin personally but Stewart can contribute right away and might be the better guy in the long run.  Reminds me a bit of Santonio Holmes with the mindset of Steve Smith Sr. because he is one FEISTY dude.

If only he could catch, he might get some YAC

Just now, Mogglez said:

I was thinking maybe anquan boldin if super lucky? 

57 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Take a running back, please. 

Why didn't we pick Dalvin Cook in the second round ? He was on the board while we were on the clock ?  I also had to mention just look at the 49ers draft... Why in the hell did Bryce Petty have to come back and beat them when the were up two TDs.  We had no business winning that game and look at what it cost us.  We could have had Solomon Thomas/Jamal Adams and Reuben Foster in this draft?!?!

I don't want to sound insensitive but we live in the 2000s. I feel like every group who cares about anything is rewarded. Why do we have to keep losing just cause we suck? If a participation trophy was ever warranted it's for Jets fans. I guess it's the snoopy thing, but it sucks

Hang on...

We trade down from #70 (240 pts) to #79 (195 pts) = trade down of 45 pts, and received back a 5th rounder #160 (27 pts)

NE trades down from #72 (230 pts)  to #83 (175 pts) = trade down of 55 pts, and received back a 4th rounder #124 (48 pts)

They do almost the same trade down, from roughly #70 to #80, and get back a pick a full round earlier than us, and we traded down first???

*Edit - NE also gave back pick #200. Still works out to more than we got, and they still got the value of a 4th round pick (albeit a very late one).

Archived