^^^The official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread^^^

InstantClassic

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

All jokes aside, I am seriously struggling with the fact that I have to write a $5,500 check to Mike Maccagnan and Todd Bowles next Wednesday.

I don't mind burning money on vacations, cars, watches, strippers, whatever.  But for this?  FML.

SAR I

$2250 per safety.,

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

SAR. You're THE target market for the Woody Johnson Jets. If a few more proud Americans of your ilk diverted your copious financial resources elsewhere, it'd  really resonate in the halls of Robert Wood's Alpine manse, much more so than any thousand unwashed roughnecks up in the filthy 300's.

The upper deckers will make it rain blow up dolls and balloon penises this year no doubt in hell things are going to get ugly at metLife this season, 

8 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Got to say, this draft is leading to this thread which is comic gold...thanks to all for the yucks!

If you can't laugh as a Jets fan, well....

Agree, some of these posts are just classic.  The JoeWillie "Thunderbird" gif response to SAR I's "Grandma/Bitch" post, has got to be one of the best 1-2 combos I've ever read.

its a birthday present that will keep on giving, like our three new Safeties...

3 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Get Peterman, Drop Petty.  Peterman and Hackenberg can compete with McCown.  All 3 can run pro style offense right away.  I like Peterman too and would feel perfectly fine taking him at the end of the 3rd if he is there.

Let's get Dobbs and Kaaya too, play the percentages.  What did they say 90% of QBs fail in transition to NFL.  Based on my math that means we need 10 QBs in camp to find a good one.

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

...and with the 107th and final pick of the 3rd round of the 2017 NFL draft, the New York J-S-T-E Jets select Nate Gerry, Safety, Nebraska.

SAR I

$1833.33 per safety. At this rate by the time we pick one in the sixth you will be getting a bargain. Practically cash back. 

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

SAR. You're THE target market for the Woody Johnson Jets. If a few more proud Americans of your ilk diverted your copious financial resources elsewhere, it'd  really resonate in the halls of Robert Wood's Alpine manse, much more so than any thousand unwashed roughnecks up in the filthy 300's.

I was just thinking this. Only message this franchise is going to care about under Woody is if the lower bowl people stop showing.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

450.jpg

I knew going in that a 30 year commitment meant that 12 seasons would be average, 8 seasons would be above average, and 10 seasons would be bad, but I never imagined this bad.  Is there anything to hope for here?  We used to have hope for a young QB.  Nope.  We used to have hope for our young HC.  Nope.  We used to have hope for our young GM.  Nope.   The hope now is that we go 0-16 and bring a real football GM in here to not blow the #1 pick and restore order.  Unbelievable.

I'm downing 2 cups of NyQuil Severe Maximum Strength, hopefully I wake up at 6pm tomorrow the draft is over and I can go back to fantasizing that Christian Hackenberg is the answer.

SAR I

Archived