^^^The official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread^^^

InstantClassic

6 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Three Jets trades so far;

1- Traded their third-round No. 70 overall pick to Vikings for their third-round No. 79 overall pick (drafted WR Ardarius Stewart) and their fifth-round No. 160 overall pick.

2 - Traded their third-round No. 107 pick to Buccaneers for their fourth-round No. 125 overall pick and their sixth-round No. 204 overall pick.

3 - Traded their fourth-round No. 125 overall pick to Rams for their fourth-round No. 141 and their sixth-round No. 197 overall pick.

This is dumb.  Dumb dumb dumb. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Augustiniak said:

i get it.  but mccags clearly is going by his draft board.  he didn't want to pass on adams or maye, he picked maye as soon as they were on the clock.  today the draft grades are probably much closer together.  adams stood apart, and i have no issue drafting a guy at 6 who you think will be a star.  the jets need studs.

Thus far, it's legitimate to question Macc's ability to evaluate talent.  His record to date is not good outside "no brainer" picks like WIlliams.

We need bodies, I get that.  But 6th rounders are generally no better than UDFA's.  Upper 4th Rounders should be starters or borderline starters right off.

It's hard to see the gain of getting 4 nobodies in the 6th vs. a better starter in the 4th, but as other say, lets see how it plays out.

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

With all of these punks it almost makes sense to take one of these Qbs. We need a 4th Qb in camp anyways and it's worth it to take one. 

I agree. Try to catch lightning in a bottle by taking one of the available QB's.   

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Thus far, it's legitimate to question Macc's ability to evaluate talent.  His record to date is not good outside "no brainer" picks like WIlliams.

We need bodies, I get that.  But 6th rounders are generally no better than UDFA's.  Upper 4th Rounders should be starters or borderline starters right off.

It's hard to see the gain of getting 4 nobodies in the 6th vs. a better starter in the 4th, but as other say, lets see how it plays out.

well, this is what bellichick has done for years, get more picks and play the percentages.  in a draft whose strength is supposedly depth, let's see what mccags can do.  two of his later round picks last year showed promise, and the jury is still out on hackenberg and smith.  

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

well, this is what bellichick has done for years, get more picks and play the percentages.  in a draft whose strength is supposedly depth, let's see what mccags can do.  two of his later round picks last year showed promise, and the jury is still out on hackenberg and smith.  

And Bellichek has EARNED the right to be trusted in the draft.  Macc and Bowles have not, at all, in any way.

As we both say, lets see how it plays out.  We'll see how many starters we've got come opening day, the first real test of this draft class.

Thus far, I see one, two max.

This is what he's doing. Their grades on 4-6 are pretty much the same. If you think the top of our roster sucked last year, how about the bottom of the roster? There are a lot of jobs on the line in Florham Park come July.

Maybe, just maybe Macc finds a few diamonds in the rough. He did it last year. He's trusting in his scouts to cull some oysters guys and this is where great scouting comes into play. 

Its a good strategy as long as your coaching staff is able to do the same culling in camp & not let a Chrebet, Woodhead, or Edeleman type get away before you've developed them. Bowles scares me in this capacity but I do like some of the coaches they've brought in this offseason to assist him.

Just now, kevinc855 said:

Jet fans are Gona complain regardless of what Mac did 

And a handful of Jets fans would argue that "since we don't have a QB, field position and the kicking game are at a premium for this team" if we drafted a punter in the 1st round and a kicker in the 2nd.

5 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I spent an extra 45 minutes in a bar in Jacksonville fing Florida digesting my brunch to wait for this pic

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

That's worth, like, two extra weeks in quarantine when you get back 

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

And Bellichek has EARNED the right to be trusted in the draft.  Macc and Bowles have not, at all, in any way.

As we both say, lets see how it plays out.  We'll see how many starters we've got come opening day, the first real test of this draft class.

both safeties are starting.  stewart will play, marshall is gone, decker had 2 surgeries and this kid may be ahead of devin smith.  and that's before these 7 picks today assuming they actually make them.

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

This is what he's doing. Their grades on 4-6 are pretty much the same. If you think the top of our roster sucked last year, how about the bottom of the roster? There are a lot of jobs on the line in Florham Park come July.

Maybe, just maybe Macc finds a few diamonds in the rough. He did it last year. He's trusting in his scouts to cull some oysters guys and this is where great scouting comes into play. 

Its a good strategy as long as your coaching staff is able to do the same culling in camp & not let a Chrebet, Woodhead, or Edeleman type get away before you've developed them. Bowles scares me in this capacity but I do like some of the coaches they've brought in this offseason to assist him.

It appears as though their grades on 1-6 are all the same 

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

both safeties are starting.  stewart will play, marshall is gone, decker had 2 surgeries and this kid may be ahead of devin smith.  and that's before these 7 picks today assuming they actually make them.

McCown surrounded by all inexperienced and rookie WR's sounds like a recipe for disaster. 

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Both safeties will start day 1 without question..... Stewart will contribute right away 

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Didn't you hear Hackenburg and Smith were found guilty of impersonating football players

Archived