^^^The official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread^^^

InstantClassic

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From draftanalyst.com

Bio: 
First-year starter at Cal who earned Second Team All-Pac-12 honors after leading the conference with 92 receptions and 1,249 receiving yards. Caught 19 passes for 249 yards in 2015 in his first season after transferring from Idaho State, where he made 45 receptions for 501 yards and three touchdowns in 11 starts as a true freshman.
Pos: 
Small school transfer coming off a dominant campaign. Smart, shows great awareness and consistently follows the quarterback across the field to make himself an available target. Extends his hands to make the catch away from his frame and easily adjusts or reaches backwards to grab the errant throw from the air. Possesses soft and strong hands, makes the difficult catch with defenders draped on him and comes away with some incredible receptions. Quickly releases off the line and shows a nice burst in the first 5-10 yards. Sells routes and uses his frame to shield away opponents or exposes himself to the big hit in order to come away with the reception. Plays with balance and body control and fights with his hands to separate from defenders. Has a sturdy build, consistently wins out for the contested throw and keeps the play in bounds working to pick up positive yardage after the catch.
Neg: 
One-speed wideout who lacks the second gear and deep burst. Occasionally peeks up the field before he catches the ball.
Analysis: 
Hansen took his game to another level in 2016 and went from a non-factor to a second-day draft pick. He’s a tremendous possession wideout with the potential to develop into a No. 2 receiver on a roster.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

All the trading back and the Jets missed out on all the good RB, and CB prospects in the deepest RB, and CB class I can ever remember SMH.

We got Forte.  And Skrine.

/shrug

Looks like Macc was intent on fixing Safety and WR this draft.

Guess we'll fix CB and RB (and QB!, and TE?) next year?

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

We got Forte.  And Skrine.

/shrug

Looks like Macc was intent on fixing Safety and WR this draft.

Guess we'll fix CB and RB (and QB!, and TE?) next year?

I don't want to be negative but long snapper is going to be an issue next year too. Tanner is getting old.

Just now, Matt39 said:

Pick in a vacuum there is fine. Probably our best pick of the draft tbh. He's productive, good hands, excellent 3c time.

I'm pretty sure you can directly attribute Lee, Adams, and Maye to Gronkowski and now Hansen to Welker, Edelman, Hogan.  So, there's that.

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Pick in a vacuum there is fine. Probably our best pick of the draft tbh. He's productive, good hands, excellent 3c time. Not a Jets type of pick which is a good thing.

I like him better than Stewart.

10 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

Stewart is going to be a stud.  Great YAC guy, good hands and a very physical player despite the fact that he is 5'10".  Terrific pick at #79.

Ok sounds good but don't we have a number of WR's on this roster already. And we just picked another in Hansen. So we have Robbie, Peake, Smith, Decker (who appears to be history now) Enuwa, Marshall, Smith, Stewart, Hansen. 

That's NINE WR's. Robbie and Enuwa are locks. How many do we usually carry? 6? Cuts coming, I see Smith, Marshall and Decker ($) gone. 

1 minute ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Don't like his tape, Godwin just looked like a much better prospect, I hope i'm wrong.

I gotta agree Stewart didn't look all that impressive while Goodwin was SOLID like his former teammate. 

Archived