^^^The official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread^^^

InstantClassic

jetsb_logo.gif New York Jets: ArDarius Stewart, WR, Alabama:  B Grade  
Most teams we spoke to had ArDarius Stewart in the third-round range, so I'm definitely not surprised to see him taken in this area. He also fills a need for the Jets, who had to replace Brandon Marshall. This is a solid pick for the Jets. At the very least, they'll get great special-teams play out of Stewart. 

jetsb_logo.gif New York Jets: Chad Hansen, WR, California:  A- Grade  
I thought Chad Hansen could potentially be chosen in the third round, so I like this value, and Hansen obviously fills a need with Brandon Marshall gone. Hansen was a productive receiver at California who made acrobatic catches, but his speed is a major question mark

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades3.php#oA1Hq7Q6Z0rlp6Ap.99

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jetsb_logo.gif New York Jets: Marcus Maye, S, Florida:  A- Grade  
Back-to-back safeties!? It makes sense, as the Jets had multiple needs at the position. The Jets just broke a lot of hearts, as many teams were hoping he'd fall to them in the second round. I guess it wasn't very realistic because there was some speculation Maye could go late first. He'll pair well with Jamal Adams to bolster New York's atrocious secondary. 

jetsb_logo.gif New York Jets: Jamal Adams, S, LSU:  A Grade  
The Jets have done a great job in the draft for the most part lately because of their stance of selecting the best player available. That's exactly what they're doing here rather than reaching for need. Then again, the Jets do need everything, so... never mind. 

At any rate, after seeing the Bears and Titans do something idiotic, the Jets are looking great with this selection. Adams was widely projected to be taken in the top three, and he probably should've been. The Jets aren't complaining, as Adams fills a huge need for New York and its atrocious secondary.

3 hours ago, Powpow said:

Reed could have been had as an UDFA - dumb pick WASTE

Signing UDFA's is not a lock.  They liked the guys taken late in the 6th (Clark and Jones) enough as longer term prospects to take them off the market -- common practice by many teams in the late stages of the draft.   And, who is Reed?  Did I miss an additional pick? 

1 minute ago, Il Mostro said:

Signing UDFA's is not a lock.  They liked the guys taken late in the 6th (Clark and Jones) enough as longer term prospects to take them off the market -- common practice by many teams in the late stages of the draft.   And, who is Reed?  Did I miss an additional pick? 

no my bad sorry I meant the last kid drafted Jones

the only pick that sticks in my craw is the Mayes pick; not because I dislike the player, but the ludicrousness of devoting 2 top 39 picks to one position when our roster is so short of players at other skill positions.

If Dalvin Cook turns out to be a good player that will be very hard to swallow.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• 1 year later...
On 4/29/2017 at 5:36 PM, C Mart said:

Most teams we spoke to had ArDarius Stewart in the third-round range, so I'm definitely not surprised to see him taken in this area. He also fills a need for the Jets, who had to replace Brandon Marshall. This is a solid pick for the Jets. At the very least, they'll get great special-teams play out of Stewart. 

I thought Chad Hansen could potentially be chosen in the third round, so I like this value, and Hansen obviously fills a need with Brandon Marshall gone. Hansen was a productive receiver at California who made acrobatic catches, but his speed is a major question mark

j2AXPLU.gif

On 4/27/2017 at 6:33 PM, Patriot Killa said:

Give me Jamal Adams or Leonard Fournette..either of the LSU Tigers would be great. Next best thing to me would be a trade down to 12 and a OJ Howard selection. Sadly, I don't expect either Adams or Fournette to be there at 6....possibly Fournette but slim slim chance of Adams.

As you can tell, I got my boy.??‍♂️

On 4/27/2017 at 7:43 PM, UnitedWhofans said:

Jamal Adams or trade down

On 4/27/2017 at 7:43 PM, Powpow said:

Yeah baby Davis to Titans! We got Adams!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

On 4/27/2017 at 7:43 PM, Seth said:

TAKE ADAMS RIGHT NOW!!!!!

On 4/27/2017 at 7:38 PM, BigRy56 said:

If there is a god, Jamal Adams will fall to the Jets

On 4/27/2017 at 7:36 PM, prime21 said:

C'MON TITANS.  DONT TAKE ADAMS!

On 4/27/2017 at 7:44 PM, K_O_Brien said:

Please, no QB here. Take the best player, Jamal Adams. 

On 4/27/2017 at 7:44 PM, InstantClassic said:

Let's go Adams!!!!!!!!

Leo situation all over again!!

On 4/27/2017 at 7:45 PM, RESNewYork said:

Jamal Adams please

On 4/27/2017 at 7:50 PM, JetFaninMI said:

If they didn't trade it I'm okay with Adams

On 4/27/2017 at 7:51 PM, CanadienJetsFan said:

We got a top three pick at number 6. Thank you God

On 4/27/2017 at 7:51 PM, Lupz27 said:

Safest pick in the draft

On 4/27/2017 at 7:51 PM, the Claw said:

Love it

On 4/27/2017 at 7:52 PM, Integrity28 said:

I am satisfied.

On 4/27/2017 at 7:52 PM, Sarge4Tide said:

Hell Yeah!

On 4/27/2017 at 7:52 PM, Patriot Killa said:

ADAMS!!!! 

GOO MAC!!!

On 4/27/2017 at 7:52 PM, Barkus said:

Adams was highly rated, don't know much about him. Is he a playmaker??? Is he free safety or strong??

On 4/27/2017 at 7:53 PM, Mogglez said:

F*CK. YES.

I love Adams.

On 4/27/2017 at 7:54 PM, Scoop24 said:

Great pick 

On 4/27/2017 at 7:55 PM, MDL_JET said:

Would've liked more picks but can't blame for the pick. It's a no brainer. 

On 4/27/2017 at 7:55 PM, JiF said:

As depressing as it is to be a drafting Safety, he's pretty ******* awesome. 

On 4/27/2017 at 7:56 PM, Dunnie said:

Love this pick ... you know why ? This dude is a freaking awesome football player ... not an int machine.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 4/27/2017 at 7:57 PM, Larz said:

I love the pick. Leadership and productivity at a position of need from a nfl player factory

Well done

On 4/27/2017 at 7:57 PM, SickJetFan said:

Awesome pick 

On 4/27/2017 at 7:58 PM, joewilly12 said:

Guys when the smoke clears this was a great pick. 

On 4/27/2017 at 7:58 PM, BigRy56 said:

This is the best decision the Jets have made in years. Adams instantly changes the dynamic of this defense. He's a superstar

On 4/27/2017 at 8:02 PM, JetFaninMI said:

I wanted offense but Adams is a stud and I loved his interview.

Where’s that same energy all you people had on draft night.??

On 4/29/2017 at 8:28 PM, C Mart said:

jetsb_logo.gif New York Jets: Elijah McGuire, RB, Louisiana-Lafayette:  A- Grade  
The Jets are quietly having a stellar draft, as they've traded down a bunch to pick up lots of resources, which they desperately needed. Elijah McGuire is a value selection, as I had him going off the board 50 selections earlier than this. McGuire tested poorly during the pre-draft process, but he's an effective pass-catching weapon coming out of the backfield. 

jetsb_logo.gif New York Jets: Jeremy Clark, CB, Michigan:  B+ Grade  
Jeremy Clark may have snuck into the second day of the draft had he not sustained a torn ACL in September. Clark dropped all the way to Round 6, but the Jets are getting decent value with him. He has the potential to emerge as a starter in 2018, but the durability concerns 

jetsb_logo.gif New York Jets: Derrick Jones, CB, Ole Miss:  B Grade  
The Jets are swinging for the fences here, which is fine. Derrick Jones has elite athleticism, but not very much production. He has starter potential, but could also fail to make the roster. 

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades6.php#MO2DzS5mlWuaiXPg.99

On 4/29/2017 at 8:31 PM, C Mart said:

jetsb_logo.gif New York Jets: Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson:  A Grade  
And yet another great tight end value pick in the fifth round. This tight end class is tremendous, and I'm surprised that some of these players didn't go earlier. The Jets won't complain, as they might be able to finally fill their massive need at the position. Leggett is a poor blocker, but figures to be a productive pass-catcher. 

jetsb_logo.gif New York Jets: Dylan Donahue, DE/OLB, West Georgia:  C+ Grade  
Dylan Donahue nearly made my mock draft, but he didn't make the cut. He could have though, as he was very productive in college, albeit at a small school. Donahue is 25, so that's a negative, but he could end up being a rotational pass-rusher for the Jets. 

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades5.php#IiUCC2bbbyC4cc2Y.99

On 4/29/2017 at 8:36 PM, C Mart said:

On 4/29/2017 at 8:38 PM, C Mart said:

jetsb_logo.gif New York Jets: Marcus Maye, S, Florida:  A- Grade  
Back-to-back safeties!? It makes sense, as the Jets had multiple needs at the position. The Jets just broke a lot of hearts, as many teams were hoping he'd fall to them in the second round. I guess it wasn't very realistic because there was some speculation Maye could go late first. He'll pair well with Jamal Adams to bolster New York's atrocious secondary. 

jetsb_logo.gif New York Jets: Jamal Adams, S, LSU:  A Grade  
The Jets have done a great job in the draft for the most part lately because of their stance of selecting the best player available. That's exactly what they're doing here rather than reaching for need. Then again, the Jets do need everything, so... never mind. 

At any rate, after seeing the Bears and Titans do something idiotic, the Jets are looking great with this selection. Adams was widely projected to be taken in the top three, and he probably should've been. The Jets aren't complaining, as Adams fills a huge need for New York and its atrocious secondary.

Bahahahahaha.

Walterfootball is such garbage. 

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Maybe you shouldnt have quoted me?  I called the pick depressing even though he's great. 

Which is literally the same take I have today. 

Yea, in the same vein... I said “satisfied”, meaning “okay, he should be the safe pick”. I wanted Watson.

Reading this thread is kind of funny thinking about the entirety of Mac's draft.  Every single player he's draft in the 1st round, he's told them, we didnt think you'd be there which is kind of scary.  It means Mac has no clue where anyone is going and where other teams value players and positions.  

And then you think about Christian Hackenberg.  What did he say to him?  Hey Christian, we knew you'd be here...do want to be a Jet? 

lol

On 4/27/2017 at 8:45 PM, JiF said:

I want Watson

but Adams?  I have no idea. 

This was my response when we were on the clock....

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yea, in the same vein... I said “satisfied”, meaning “okay, he should be the safe pick”. I wanted Watson.

8 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

My energy never hasn’t changed on Adams . But what’s the point of going back and forth with the same 5 people . That have nothing left  to complain about so they throw sh*t comments at the wall and hope it stick.  

Jamal is my guy . I’m  Very happy with the pick #Presidentmal 

10 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Safest pick really sends energy out right?  I’m pretty sure Macc gets most the crap he gets for being a safe pick kind of guy.

25 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Safest pick really sends energy out right?  I’m pretty sure Macc gets most the crap he gets for being a safe pick kind of guy.

“Come with that same energy” is a young person saying for “feel the same way you did when you first felt it”

i forgot you were my mothers age. Apologies.

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

“Come with that same energy” is a young person saying for “feel the same way you did when you first felt it”

i forgot you were my mothers age. Apologies.

With age comes wisdom us older longtime diehard Jets fans have seen the good bad and the ugly, ugly more times than we want to remember. 

Energy? I haven't seen the new and improved younger crowd at games bring much energy at all. 

I still stand by what I said Jamal Adams was a great pick. 

Archived