^^^The official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread^^^

InstantClassic

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

With age comes wisdom us older longtime diehard Jets fans have seen the good bad and the ugly, ugly more times than we want to remember. 

Energy? I haven't seen the new and improved younger crowd at games bring much energy at all. 

I still stand by what I said Jamal Adams was a great pick. 

I understand positional impact/draft slot value but we got a player who is a Pro Bowler in his second year. 

There was no QB I wanted at all in this draft. And to this day there is no way I’m believing that Watson, Trubisky or Pat would be who they are now if they were with the Jets. Honestly I bet they’d struggle even more than Sam Darnold.

only other thing I would of preferred is a trade back.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/28/2017 at 8:29 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

BAP is the smart thing to do! BAP all the way!! Maccagnan knows what he's doing - he never reaches and isn't swayed by the allure of actually important positions! 

We're surely going 13-3 this year. Because of our third 300-lb DE, our safety-sized ILB, and our safety-sized safeties. Also our 4th string QB whose own coach says he can't hit the ocean from the beach, and a speedster WR that can neither catch nor stay on the field. These are the gifts of Mike Maccagnan in the first 2 rounds of the NFL draft. 

BAP!!!

****ing idiot.

Gold. And there is a lot of it in this one. 

13 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Where’s that same energy all you people had on draft night.??

Dried up as soon as Adams started running his mouth about how great he was after getting beaten like a red headed stepchild by Gronk and getting son'd by a QB ten years his senior. Not to mention getting his sack handed to him by Cam Newton. Should I go back to this years draft when you were practically blowing Josh Rosen? I would but I'm too lazy and too tell you the truth I'm not that Petty.

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

“Come with that same energy” is a young person saying for “feel the same way you did when you first felt it”

i forgot you were my mothers age. Apologies.

Yeah you should also go see my energy related to Patrick Mahomes II WAY BEFORE anyone even mentioned him as a 1st rounder.  There is a thread in the Draft forum you can feel free to bump!

Also if your mother had you when she was about 14 then yes I’m about her age.

I understand positional impact/draft slot value but we got a player who is a Pro Bowler in his second year. 

There was no QB I wanted at all in this draft. And to this day there is no way I’m believing that Watson, Trubisky or Pat would be who they are now if they were with the Jets. Honestly I bet they’d struggle even more than Sam Darnold.

only other thing I would of preferred is a trade back.

Eddie Jackson will be a pro bowl Safety also in his 2nd year who got drafted in the 4th round where you should find your Safties.

“Come with that same energy” is a young person saying for “feel the same way you did when you first felt it”

i forgot you were my mothers age. Apologies.

Did you get mommies permission before you posted this? Did she yell at you to "get off the damned computer and start your homework"? Bedtime Junior. Test tomorrow.

It's almost like folks can't understand that two things can be true at the same time:

1. Mahomes was not projected by the vast majority to be worth picking where he was picked.

2. Mahomes has vastly outplayed the consensus scouting evaluations of him so far in his young career.  

56 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Yeah you should also go see my energy related to Patrick Mahomes II WAY BEFORE anyone even mentioned him as a 1st rounder.  There is a thread in the Draft forum you can feel free to bump!

Also if your mother had you when she was about 14 then yes I’m about her age.

She was born 1979. She was 16. And yes I know you liked Pat.

48 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Did you get mommies permission before you posted this? Did she yell at you to "get off the damned computer and start your homework"? Bedtime Junior. Test tomorrow.

I’m 22 years old, grown, on my own and have neither parent in my life.

Cool stuff though, bro. Really got me there. Totally hurt my feelings or something lol.

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

Dried up as soon as Adams started running his mouth about how great he was after getting beaten like a red headed stepchild by Gronk and getting son'd by a QB ten years his senior. Not to mention getting his sack handed to him by Cam Newton. Should I go back to this years draft when you were practically blowing Josh Rosen? I would but I'm too lazy and too tell you the truth I'm not that Petty.

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Yeah, I liked Rosen. Not sure what the hell that has to do with 2017, Adams or anything else.

weird flex but ok.

and you aren’t petty enough to bring back Rosen qouted posts but apparently you’re petty enough to google search, save and post 3 images of his down points from Jamal’s overall solid rookie season? 

Ehh why am I wasting my time with you, again?

48 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Eek

For the Jets it would’ve been. Definitely not the same player without 1.) year on the bench which he wouldn’t get here 2.) Andy Reid which he wouldn’t get here and 3.) 3 Of The most dangerous offensive weapons in the game — which he definitely wouldn’t get here.

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

For the Jets it would’ve been. Definitely not the same player without 1.) year on the bench which he wouldn’t get here 2.) Andy Reid which he wouldn’t get here and 3.) 3 Of The most dangerous offensive weapons in the game — which he definitely wouldn’t get here.

Hate the “he wouldn’t be as good here” arguments.  Fine, but would he and a 1 and 3 2s be better for the Jets than Darnold and Adams? 

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I wonder if Adams would be cut more slack if Maccagnan didn’t double down with Maye in the second. 

Good point, although I don't think he would. LOL at Tuscany pointing out all of the new votes for Mahomes @6.

Drafting a safety in the second round after drafting one at 6 was a fireable offense in its own right. Fire Mac

FTR I didn't like either Mahomes or Watson but wasn't posting over here at the time. I do remember posting if we unfortunately go defense yet again for the umpteenth time I would be OK with Adams. 

12 minutes ago, Bugg said:

If he took Shuster or Kamara, might not hurt so bad. Though with this piss poor OL, who knows. 

At least you’d be able to pretend that the guy scoring TDs was the first rounder and the guy tweeting about beating a Julian Edelman block in a blowout loss was a second rounder. 

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

Hate the “he wouldn’t be as good here” arguments.  Fine, but would he and a 1 and 3 2s be better for the Jets than Darnold and Adams? 

If Maccagnan’s the one making the picks, hell, idk.

But in theory I guess the picks would of been better. I won’t try to make an excuse to cater to the angle I’m arguing from.

those 2nd’s would of been nice. Still probably would of picked 2 DL’s from Canada though.

I’d say it depends on how good Darnold winds up also.

52 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I wonder if Adams would be cut more slack if Maccagnan didn’t double down with Maye in the second. 

I think Adams brings a lot of it on himself with his social media presence.  Posting stuff like this comes across as me first and drawing attention to himself rather than the team.  Especially after a loss to a hated rival.

The thing is, when I hear him in interviews, he comes across as a team guy who desperately wants to win, but his social media persona is all about himself and I find it off-putting. 

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

I think Adams brings a lot of it on himself with his social media presence.  Posting stuff like this comes across as me first and drawing attention to himself rather than the team.  Especially after a loss to a hated rival.

The thing is, when I hear him in interviews, he comes across as a team guy who desperately wants to win, but his social media persona is all about himself and I find it off-putting. 

It’s all gross and you have to be ***so elite*** to get away with that sh*t that it’s mind-boggling anyone in the fan base thinks it’s cool. Deion could get away with it. Michael Irvin. But nouveau Victor Green? No.

16 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Why do you care so much?

First they gave the gold to the Russian national basketball team and I said nothing

because Doug Collins sucks

Then Steely Dan won Best Album and I said nothing

because Radiohead is wildly overrated

Then they said Rex was a genius and I said nothing

because he beat Belichick once when it counted

Then they pimped a strong safety in 2018

and I knew it was time to speak out

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

First they gave the gold to the Russian national basketball team and I said nothing

because Doug Collins sucks

Then Steely Dan won Best Album and I said nothing

because Radiohead is wildly overrated

Then they said Rex was a genius and I said nothing

because he beat Belichick once when it counted

Then they pimped a strong safety in 2018

and I knew it was time to speak out

Steely Dan kicks some major *SS 

Archived