Call the pick

Joe Jets fan

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like all the players mentioned but I would prefer Adams.  My dream scenario is taking Watson and he becomes a franchise QB.  Those dreams usually are nightmares but what the heck.

A great scenario would be trading down to 12 and hopefully Howard is still there.  My prediction is Cleveland makes a deal with Tennessee.

This is a very tough draft to predict. Hardly any consensus on any player or position. I think if they can't move out of #6, it's either Adams or Fournette (only one will be there). Which is why I think they're so motivated to move out of #6. 

2 minutes ago, slats said:

This is a very tough draft to predict. Hardly any consensus on any player or position. I think if they can't move out of #6, it's either Adams or Fournette (only one will be there). Which is why I think they're so motivated to move out of #6. 

Agree, but Macc will get villified if he gets less than "Johnson Value" for the trade.  At least by this Board and others.

Given the lower compensation for a lower pick and the depth of this draft, maybe less than Johnson Value is ok for another 2nd and/or 3rd round pick.

If we can get another 2nd round pick, for example, we can replace Pryor with one of these.  Josh Jones instead?  Any day of the week.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2017/SS

2 hours ago, sourceworx said:

If he was a QB, WR, or RB, you would see that.

No one gives a sh!t about a f*cking safety.

It's not the 1980s anymore. But don't worry, Adams won't make it to #6. If by some chance he does, he will be the Jets pick.

I'll say it's Howard

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Should be watson.  Will be a def player because thats what we do.

God no. OK with Trubisky or Mahones or even Webb or Peterman, but Watson will be a complete bust in the NFL. He literally threw to 3 routes in college, is not a pocket passer and has no arm strength.

15 minutes ago, C Mart said:

It's not the 1980s anymore. But don't worry, Adams won't make it to #6. If by some chance he does, he will be the Jets pick.

I'll say it's Howard

I want Watson or Mahomes. I don't care how risky it is. Go down swinging.

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

MUCH rather have McCaffey. Fournette is not a fit

I don't see how McCafferey isn't the first player off the board on offense non QB.  He is a 4 down player, can play RB, Slot WR (runs the best routes in the draft, yes including all WR, TE, and RB prospects), return punts, and kicks, but no let's draft the bruising 2 down back who can't pass protect, or catch the ball 6th overall genius.

9 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I want Watson or Mahomes. I don't care how risky it is. Go down swinging.

Greg Gabriel ex-scout, ex-Bears Dir of Scouting and kows Macc well last mocked Mahomes to Jets at #6..

6 – New York Jets – Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes – The Jets missed on Christian Hackenberg last year and try again with Mahomes, who is the hottest guy in the draft at this time.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/lists/2017/04/14/8e27d0cda25c40e9aaa9f1245f40fc96/index.xml?page=7

Greg Gabriel‏ @greggabe Apr 25

From my conversations last night, expect the unexpected in top 6 come Thursday night

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Greg Gabriel ex-scout, ex-Bears Dir of Scouting and kows Macc well last mocked Mahomes to Jets at #6..

I'd be so ecstatic if the Jets actually plan on taking Mahomes, and take any compensation from a team picking 8-12 to trade back, and then grab Mahomes.

Archived