Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

someone who sucks

Trade Down... Pick Mahomes

Hooker will be the pick IMO.  Can't Wait to see all the Women running around MetLife with Hooker on the back of their jerseys, it will be epic.

17 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

To me, Hooker is the way safer pick and Lattimore and Mac usually goes with the safer pick in these situations 

Based on what? Something you read on twitter? Or are you trying to sound expert?

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

what the deal with Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes? Is he seen as a guy who could start out the gate or what? I wouldn't mind that RB1 from LSU but if we could get a QB they will just hand it to and stoop the whole lets have 14 Qtr backs I would be good with it. 

He's a huge project (bigger than the one we drafted last year) and in any other draft class he may not even be drafted.  He has horrendous footwork, mechanics, and comes from an air raid system that most guys never succeed out of.  He will need to sit a minimum of 2 years to be handled properly.  That said he has a great attitude and a special arm.  

4th to 5th round flyer pick?  Sure.  6th overall?  Pass the whiskey and a shotgun.

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

what the deal with Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes? Is he seen as a guy who could start out the gate or what? I wouldn't mind that RB1 from LSU but if we could get a QB they will just hand it to and stoop the whole lets have 14 Qtr backs I would be good with it. 

 

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He's a huge project (bigger than the one we drafted last year) and in any other draft class he may not even be drafted.  He has horrendous footwork, mechanics, and comes from an air raid system that most guys never succeed out of.  He will need to sit a minimum of 2 years to be handled properly.  That said he has a great attitude and a special arm.  

4th to 5th round flyer pick?  Sure.  6th overall?  Pass the whiskey and a shotgun.

Lol, don't be misinformed about Mahomes, kid will get drafted in the 1st round, not sure where (most likely the Giants because well FML), calling him a 4th, 5th round flyer, and bigger project then Hackenberg is absolutely ludicrous.

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

 

Lol, don't be misinformed about Mahomes, kid will get drafted in the 1st round, not sure where (most likely the Giants because well FML), calling him a 4th, 5th round flyer, and bigger project then Hackenberg is absolutely ludicrous.

Agree with that , he may not be a day 1 NFL ready QB , but with his arm and intangibles he surely will never make it through rd2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Mac knows he can't bust on this pick.

bingo.  that's why he won't go cutsie here.  he nailed it with leonard, and it would be similar if he took someone like howard who would be targeted frequently with marshall gone and decker hurting.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

bingo.  that's why he won't go cutsie here.  he nailed it with leonard, and it would be similar if he took someone like howard who would be targeted frequently with marshall gone and decker hurting.  

Macc's big bet is not on this draft.  He will not reach for a QB, but he may not find MT a reach.

HIs big bet was paying McCown and not Glennon or Hoyer.   That said he liked Hack and Petty.  Even if they take a QB, for this class tough to play right away.

At this point I am at Adams, Fournette and Howard, with Howard the one likely available.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, varjet said:

Macc's big bet is not on this draft.  He will not reach for a QB, but he may not find MT a reach.

HIs big bet was paying McCown and not Glennon or Hoyer.   That said he liked Hack and Petty.  Even if they take a QB, for this class tough to play right away.

At this point I am at Adams, Fournette and Howard, with Howard the one likely available.

his bet was essentially that unless they take a qb high in this draft, hackenberg will probably play significantly next season, and has a legit start to win the job in training camp.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lil Woody said:

You guys know that feeling when you open up the browser and click the JN link and think to yourself I bet I will read something today that's just completely absurd?

This. This is why.

Yeah. Because drafting yet another DE when the position is over crowded as it is and the dumbass coach who is supposed to be a defensive guy can't find is ass with both hands is the way to go right? Some guys need to just STFU.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The more I think about it, the more I want to avoid injury-prone players.  I am good with Howard or Fournette.  In the unlikely scenario both are gone, and trading back isn't possible, I think Williams is my next choice, maybe Trubisky because, why not.  I could live with Adams.  That's my top-5 after Garrett.  I really don't want Lattimore or even Hooker.  Of course, this almost guarantees one of those two will be the pick but I just hope I'm wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Garrett, Adams or Fournette for mine. There are not too many picks that I'd hate. Here's hoping for an early run on qbs that has Garrett drop like Leo. Ain't gonna happen, but an Adams or Fournette are possible and they're both playmakers. If they're not there, I don't want a qb at 6, but I can understand the pick.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

what the deal with Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes? Is he seen as a guy who could start out the gate or what? I wouldn't mind that RB1 from LSU but if we could get a QB they will just hand it to and stoop the whole lets have 14 Qtr backs I would be good with it. 

I don't think any of these QBs are seen as day 1 starters.

No worries though.  We only have 3 QBs.  We can easily fit 2 more and give them all sufficient practice/development reps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

 

Lol, don't be misinformed about Mahomes, kid will get drafted in the 1st round, not sure where (most likely the Giants because well FML), calling him a 4th, 5th round flyer, and bigger project then Hackenberg is absolutely ludicrous.

He's a bigger project than Hackenberg and thinking otherwise is what's actually ludicrous here.  

One played in a pro style offense with a cannon but accuracy issues and the other played in a gimmicky/stat padding system with a cannon and accuracy issues.  Mentally, Hackenberg was light years ahead coming out last year And with a year in the NFL now, he's probably further along.

Hack has to clean up a hitch and footwork to see improvement, Mahomes has to relearn how to throw a football from the ground up.  That side arm-scramble without squaring up-off my back foot-bullsh*t isn't gonna fly in the NFL.  Watch the Gruden episode on him and tell me what he looks like taking a snap under center.

Just because a guy goes in the first doesn't mean he belonged there.  Again, he goes no earlier than the 5th in a normal QB class.  I'm a huge Hackenberg supporter around here and can say without a doubt hat we reached on him to get the guy we wanted.  He probably belonged in the late 3rd at the highest.  Guys get overdrafted all the time.  I hope to God that we don't reach for any of these QBs.  They aren't remotely close to being worth a first round pick.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...
On 4/27/2017 at 9:02 AM, Lupz27 said:

Hooker will be the pick IMO.  Can't Wait to see all the Women running around MetLife with Hooker on the back of their jerseys, it will be epic.

Still one of my favorite posts on this forum - lol.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2017 at 6:32 PM, Mogglez said:

He's a bigger project than Hackenberg and thinking otherwise is what's actually ludicrous here.  

One played in a pro style offense with a cannon but accuracy issues and the other played in a gimmicky/stat padding system with a cannon and accuracy issues.  Mentally, Hackenberg was light years ahead coming out last year And with a year in the NFL now, he's probably further along.

Hack has to clean up a hitch and footwork to see improvement, Mahomes has to relearn how to throw a football from the ground up.  That side arm-scramble without squaring up-off my back foot-bullsh*t isn't gonna fly in the NFL.  Watch the Gruden episode on him and tell me what he looks like taking a snap under center.

Just because a guy goes in the first doesn't mean he belonged there.  Again, he goes no earlier than the 5th in a normal QB class.  I'm a huge Hackenberg supporter around here and can say without a doubt hat we reached on him to get the guy we wanted.  He probably belonged in the late 3rd at the highest.  Guys get overdrafted all the time.  I hope to God that we don't reach for any of these QBs.  They aren't remotely close to being worth a first round pick.

 

lol 

guys gotta stop bumping these

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...