• D-
    • F+
    • F
    • F-

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, fltflo said:

This may be a great kid and a solid safety, yet when your team needs a QB you don't draft a safety and when a winning QB is sitting there for the taking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What QB is that - please don't say Watson . 

48 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

What grade do you give the Jets for their selection of LSU Safety Jamal Adams  with the 6th pick in the NFL Draft?

You might want to check your results for evidence of Russian interference because there are way too many aberrant votes in there

9 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

It's an F and it's not even a question. It's great that we drafted the leaderiest leader who ever leadered, but the guy's a ******* strong safety. We have non-NFL players at all the positions that matter, and we just stayed put at 6 in a deep draft to take a guy who doesn't score touchdowns, doesn't rush the passer, and can't cover. Maccagnan is a walking talking Peter Principle and the sooner his big stupid ass is out the door, the better.

On 4/24/2017 at 0:34 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

...start clean with both a GM and HC who aren't such glaring examples of the Peter Principle. If they don't draft him, and then burn the #6 pick on a freaking safety, TE, RB? Fireable offense...

;) 

9 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

It's an F and it's not even a question. It's great that we drafted the leaderiest leader who ever leadered, but the guy's a ******* strong safety. We have non-NFL players at all the positions that matter, and we just stayed put at 6 in a deep draft to take a guy who doesn't score touchdowns, doesn't rush the passer, and can't cover. Maccagnan is a walking talking Peter Principle and the sooner his big stupid ass is out the door, the better.

Clueless as well

What QB is that - please don't say Watson . 

I will remind you of that every time this guy kicks our arse. Just glad he wasn't around when the Pats picked. I will remind you no one thought Brady had much of an arm.

1 minute ago, fltflo said:

I will remind you of that every time this guy kicks our arse. Just glad he wasn't around when the Pats picked. I will remind you no one thought Brady had much of an arm.

Let's see if he can beat out Tom Savage first.

13 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Wow.

A: Was ranked 2nd on my board and will bring instant leadership and high-level play to the secondary. While he is best suited as a SS, he has the ability to move around the field exceptionally well and is the ultimate chess piece. 

1 minute ago, Seth said:

A: Was ranked 2nd on my board and will bring instant leadership and high-level play to the secondary. While he is best suited as a SS, he has the ability to move around the field exceptionally well and is the ultimate chess piece. 

I'll take two SS vs. one SS and a vacant FS position any day.

Just now, phill1c said:

I'll take two SS vs. one SS and a vacant FS position any day.

I think the plan is play both Adams and Pryor (won't pick up 5th year option), cut Gilchrist, and land more of a FS in the later rounds or next draft.

Tough to judge, the player i like and A or B, the fact that we could have traded down and had important capital to get a QB (the most important position on a team) drops the overal pick to a C- for me.

I am watching who the bills will take at 27 their 3rd rounder and they have an extra 1st next year.

Adams has to be FAR FAR better value than the guys the bills take this year.  We'll see.

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

How does this pick affect our chance at Darnold next year?  Will we win games now that our D is a step closer to being solidified?

No.  The Jets are still in position to suck big time whether Adams is a stud or not.  So it'll be a win-win if this guy turns into a stud and the Jets blow the year.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Tough to judge, the player i like and A or B, the fact that we could have traded down and had important capital to get a QB (the most important position on a team) drops the overal pick to a C- for me.

I am watching who the bills will take at 27 their 3rd rounder and they have an extra 1st next year.

Adams has to be FAR FAR better value than the guys the bills take this year.  We'll see.

who says the Jets were offered the same/similar deal? It's not apples to apples 

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

lol they were offered AT LEAST as much seeing as we picked at 6 and buff picked at 10.

that's not necessarily true. Teams may have targeted lower as the cost to get up was lower. Also, even if they were offered, Buffalo didn't have Adams on the board.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Tough to judge the player i like and A or B, the fact that we could have traded down and had important capital to get a QB (the most important position on a team) drops the overal pick to a C- for me.

Have no idea as to what offers were on the table, to go from 6 to 27 it would have to have bin better than what the Bills received. Adam's will be a starter from day one has the potential to be a primary player for years to come would you get the same value at 27 most likely not. As for the QB's taken all except Watson most likely will be sitting out just like Hack. Watson may sit also would not expect him to see the field at best till after their bye week.not a value at 6 for me.

All I have to say is this kid better be a total game changing type player who can lead the defense. Better this than taking yet another so called "project" QB.

Honestly I was hoping for Howard but we shall see how this turns out soon enough

It's a weird pick to grade, because based on pure talent and ability, it's an A+ pick. 

However, factoring in team needs and such, I think it's a B pick, because our main issue was defenses passing bonkers on us, and we really needed a free safety or a CB if we were going defense.  I don't have a problem going away from the offensive side as much, because the draft just didn't fall that way in terms of talent.  

It'll be interesting to see how they handle this move within the team, with Pryor and Gilchrist.  I was under the impression that we were going to pick Hooker, go to a one deep safety look with Pryor acting as a Peppers type in the box.  

Although, talent wise we can't argue with the pick, because almost every scouting report I saw glowed about Adams, and LSU has been secondary U lately, so I can't really find evidence against it.  

A little thought experiment for you morons giving this pick an "A."

Pick the guy that you think is the best strong safety in the league. Any one. Kam Chancellor, perhaps. Now ask yourself what pick you'd trade for, say, Kam Chancellor. Would it be a second rounder? Maybe. A first? Oh, hell no. Maybe a third or a fourth, sure. Would you trade a top ten pick for Kam Chancellor? OMG that'd be nuts. So, basically, Jamal Adams has to become the best strong safety in the league and he'd still not be worth the pick. You idiots.

1 hour ago, fltflo said:

This may be a great kid and a solid safety, yet when your team needs a QB you don't draft a safety and when a winning QB is sitting there for the taking.

Please identify the "winning" QB there for the taking.  Everyone said this class does not even have a 1st round QB.  People will take them because they are desperate.  We need more pieces now nor a risky 1st rounder.  Lets see what the rest of the draft brings, we still need OL, CB and RB.   Lets get the OL fixed before we get a 1st year qb killed.

49 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

No.  The Jets are still in position to suck big time whether Adams is a stud or not.  So it'll be a win-win if this guy turns into a stud and the Jets blow the year.

exactly- the jets stripped this whole team down to almost nothing. adams is an elite cornerstone talent and about as safe a prospect as you can get

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

A little thought experiment for you morons giving this pick an "A."

Pick the guy that you think is the best strong safety in the league. Any one. Kam Chancellor, perhaps. Now ask yourself what pick you'd trade for, say, Kam Chancellor. Would it be a second rounder? Maybe. A first? Oh, hell no. Maybe a third or a fourth, sure. Would you trade a top ten pick for Kam Chancellor? OMG that'd be nuts. So, basically, Jamal Adams has to become the best strong safety in the league and he'd still not be worth the pick. You idiots.

Kam is 29 years old.  The math doesn't add up.

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Try naming 5 strong safeties

I basically agree with this post.  How many SS's who played in their prime since 2000 would you spend a top 10 pick on, knowing how they turned out?  Unless you are pretty certain you're getting Troy Polumalu or Kam Chancellor #2 with that pick, it's hard to justify, given the other needs.  That being said, I still give it a B+.

4 minutes ago, Jared said:

I basically agree with this post.  How many SS's who played in their prime since 2000 would you spend a top 10 pick on, knowing how they turned out?  Unless you are pretty certain you're getting Troy Polumalu or Kam Chancellor #2 with that pick, it's hard to justify, given the other needs.  That being said, I still give it a B+.

If you told me he's going to be Kam Chancellor I'm still not taking him at 6.

5 minutes ago, Jared said:

Polumalu wasn't even a top 10 pick

Archived