• C-
    • D+
    • D
    • D-
    • F+
    • F
    • F-

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Give me fifty words on how the New York Jets football team got better yesterday.

Lol.  Say what you want about positional value, or drafting defense for a decade straight, but you really honestly actually seriously earnestly don't think the Jets got better with this player?

Does Max pay you to troll these kids? I think you need your twitter back to more evenly vent your steam :)

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went A-.

This is the first pick in a number of years that didn't either completely baffle or irritate me. Even when we picked Leo, despite the value, I was kind of annoyed about the DL logjam.  

Yes, I would've liked some offense just like everyone else. But where were we going to go? We're fine at OG, and there were no first round caliber centers or (shockingly tackles). Every single QB taken was a wild reach. WR -- where there was no consensus top player -- is a position we're actually ok at.

So that leaves what? Christian McCaffrey or OJ Howard?  I know T0mShatesman (who wanted to draft another 3-4 defensive end :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:) are complaining now, but we'd be sending the sheriff to their house if we picked those guys.

11 hours ago, dbatesman said:

It's an F and it's not even a question. It's great that we drafted the leaderiest leader who ever leadered, but the guy's a ******* strong safety. We have non-NFL players at all the positions that matter, and we just stayed put at 6 in a deep draft to take a guy who doesn't score touchdowns, doesn't rush the passer, and can't cover. Maccagnan is a walking talking Peter Principle and the sooner his big stupid ass is out the door, the better.

Yeah because Macc is the only fool that would draft him at 6.  No one else would have.  

Its one thing to be a twat who's panties get twisted draft time if their player isn't picked but to go over the top whining as if the pick makes no sense makes fans look stupid. 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah because Macc is the only fool that would draft him at 6.  No one else would have.  

Its one thing to be a twat who's panties get twisted draft time if their player isn't picked but to go over the top whining as if the pick makes no sense makes fans look stupid. 

Jet Nut, I do what I can

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He literally has convinced himself he's the smartest Jets fan here. I give him a lot of credit, no matter how many times he's blatantly wrong, he doesn't back down with his arrogance. It takes a special type person to have so little self awareness, dbatesman, thank you.

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Tough to judge, the player i like and A or B, the fact that we could have traded down and had important capital to get a QB (the most important position on a team) drops the overal pick to a C- for me.

I am watching who the bills will take at 27 their 3rd rounder and they have an extra 1st next year.

Adams has to be FAR FAR better value than the guys the bills take this year.  We'll see.

Not even that; you're being too generous.

He has to be FAR FAR better value than who was available at 27, plus the extra 3rd round, plus their extra 1st rounder in 2018, regardless of the Bills' actual selections. The Jets would only be bound to take who was available to the Bills, not necessarily who the Bills took.

Also they'd be carrying plenty enough ammuntion to trade back up a little if they were so in love with someone a little higher than 27. 

11 hours ago, dbatesman said:

It's an F and it's not even a question. It's great that we drafted the leaderiest leader who ever leadered, but the guy's a ******* strong safety. We have non-NFL players at all the positions that matter, and we just stayed put at 6 in a deep draft to take a guy who doesn't score touchdowns, doesn't rush the passer, and can't cover. Maccagnan is a walking talking Peter Principle and the sooner his big stupid ass is out the door, the better.

I think this take is misguided.  Adams is much more than a SS.  He can definitely cover.  Adams is one of those born to play Football types with a father who was in the league so he's got the pedigree.

High School All-American 5 star recruit top 10 in his high school class, All SEC, 2nd team All-American team captain - he was destined to be a top 10 pick.  

I understand the frustration but Adams is legit. 

This is an offensive minded league.  Our offense has holes all over the place.  I don't care how good Adams will be, the offense needed to be addressed here.  If they happen to get Cook in the 2nd round, it would go a long way to justify the first round pick in my mind.

1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

This is an offensive minded league.  Our offense has holes all over the place.  I don't care how good Adams will be, the offense needed to be addressed here.  If they happen to get Cook in the 2nd round, it would go a long way to justify the first round pick in my mind.

Agreed they gotta bring some explosion in on offense .. 

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Tough to judge, the player i like and A or B, the fact that we could have traded down and had important capital to get a QB (the most important position on a team) drops the overal pick to a C- for me.

I am watching who the bills will take at 27 their 3rd rounder and they have an extra 1st next year.

Adams has to be FAR FAR better value than the guys the bills take this year.  We'll see.

Scariest part is that someone would even think about saying he needs to be better than any player taken at 27.  

I really hope the people giving F's still root for this guy... Too often I see people take the "this guy sucks" side, and then cheer and make cynical comments if the guy does fail just because they were "right"... Some people want vindication of their comments and opinions more than they want the player to actually succeed...

I hope everyone can put their feelings aside on the pick and hope for the best. 

28 minutes ago, JiF said:

I think this take is misguided.  Adams is much more than a SS.  He can definitely cover.  Adams is one of those born to play Football types with a father who was in the league so he's got the pedigree.

High School All-American 5 star recruit top 10 in his high school class, All SEC, 2nd team All-American team captain - he was destined to be a top 10 pick.  

I understand the frustration but Adams is legit. 

I have no doubt he'll stick in the league and play at a high level for a decade, but a strong safety is a strong safety. I hope you're right about him being able to cover, since obviously that would make a huge difference.

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Scariest part is that someone would even think about saying he needs to be better than any player taken at 27.  

He needs to be  A LOT better than a guy taken at 27 plus the 3rd round player because Buffalo is sitting there next year with an extra 1st rounder in draft capital ion which they can take  a player, move up of down.

Buffalo picked a quality Cb prospect (actually my fav cb in the draft), plus they have a 3rd rounder coming up plus the 1st next year. filling potentially 3 holes or using that draft capital to get more draft capital or use it to swing for the fences for a high end player next year.

The Browns imo are doing it right, a team bereft of talent in many areas has parlayed some high picks into a big stream of draft capital in which they can do many things.

Three 1st round picks this year, two 1sts and a 2nd next year. 

The player?  I like Adams, I think he is going to be pretty good, it also fills a hole. I don;t have an issue going defense with the 1st even.  However, the way to build a team with a gob of holes all over the roster is to do it in large chunks not one pick at a time in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I have no doubt he'll stick in the league and play at a high level for a decade, but a strong safety is a strong safety. I hope you're right about him being able to cover, since obviously that would make a huge difference.

I do think he can cover.  Some have called him the best CB in the draft as well as S.   He showed he could do it all in college; cover, play zone, man up at LOS, blitz, play the run, play single high.  He's got speed, that's not an issue.  I think he's much more than a SS.  He's very versatile. 

Like I said, to me it's Leo all over again.  

20 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

I really hope the people giving F's still root for this guy.. 

Just FYI....most of those people giving the grade an F are trolls and dumbasses.  Give the pick a C maybe a C-, okay, I can understand that I guess, but an F? Trolls and dumbasses.  Every time Adams misses a tackle or gives up a reception, they are going to be on this forum and others dogging him out and causing a ruckus.  It's what they do. 

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

I do think he can cover.  Some have called him the best CB in the draft as well as S.   He showed he could do it all in college; cover, play zone, man up at LOS, blitz, play the run, play single high.  He's got speed, that's not an issue.  I think he's much more than a SS.  He's very versatile. 

I certainly hope you're right. 

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I gave a C- grade, the player is worth an A grade.  The overall team strategy for rebuilding pulls the pick down to a C- for me.

I don't agree with your grade. It's an F. But it's an F for the very reason you're giving it a C-.

I am sure Adams will be a nice player, and he seems like a good kid. But it was the wrong choice for us, given the state of this roster.

5 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Just FYI....most of those people giving the grade an F are trolls and dumbasses.  Give the pick a C maybe a C-, okay, I can understand that I guess, but an F? Trolls and dumbasses.  Every time Adams misses a tackle or gives up a reception, they are going to be on this forum and others dogging him out and causing a ruckus.  It's what they do. 

The Raiders take Conley at 24, who may or may not be in trouble, great value pick. The 49rs take Foster, with two bad shoulders and a failed test, great value. We take a guy at 6 who is clean as a whistle, leader, rated as no worse than 4th pick in every damn scenario, and we're idiots. I swear, there are guys here who would be pissed if they won a 25million dollar lottery because they had to pay taxes. It's nauseating.

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

The Raiders take Conley at 24, who may or may not be in trouble, great value pick. The 49rs take Foster, with two bad shoulders and a failed test, great value. We take a guy at 6 who is clean as a whistle, leader, rated as no worse than 4th pick in every damn scenario, and we're idiots. I swear, there are guys here who would be pissed if they won a 25million dollar lottery because they had to pay taxes. It's nauseating.

SOJF's are always at their best after day 1 of the draft. We could have drafted Myles Garret and the same people would cry. We could have drafted Fournette and the same people would cry about not taking a RB too early. We could have taken OJ Howard and then been mocked for taking a Tight End too high. 

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

SOJF's are always at their best after day 1 of the draft. We could have drafted Myles Garret and the same people would cry. We could have drafted Fournette and the same people would cry about not taking a RB too early. We could have taken OJ Howard and then been mocked for taking a Tight End too high. 

Spot on. Thing is, apart from complaining, there are never any alternatives from this crowd. They are like Pavlov's dogs, they don't know any better.

15 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I certainly hope you're right. 

I'm pretty confident.  I think the other cool thing to remember is that the draft isnt over.  Not every player that scores point, rushes the passer and covers people were taken in the 1st round. 

22 minutes ago, JiF said:

Some have called him the best CB in the draft. Some have called him Ra. Some won't dare speak his name.

Just now, JiF said:

Exactly!!!

Like I said in another thread, if they could land Willis and focus on offense in the 3rd...maybe a TE/RB/WR falls...it could all of a sudden be a great haul. 

I would be stunned if this group actually drafts Willis, but if they do, I'll feel a lot better.

Archived